No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The EAD – A journey into the past.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author The EAD – A journey into the past.
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-06 18:24   
Quote:

On 2006-03-06 05:04, Fatal GothThug {C?} wrote:
Not True, in a rare occurance, i saw an EAD, Nim was in it, and he fired a QST at the planet me and a few others were guarding, several of us were heavily damaged but not me nooooooooo, fully upgraded me got destroyed by nim 8 TIMES! anyways, that was during the Nicea seiges hehe

So..

Nicea was removed before 1.483 came into play. QST wasn't in 1.482... So did you die from a QST (which exists in 1.483 only) in Nicea, which only existed in 1.482 ?

Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-06 19:47   
Well well well... what do we have here... Jack whining about the EAD and completetly forgetting that every other ship of a certain unnamed faction are as bad if not worse... Stop looking at your ego Jack, it won't get "bigger".

Some things change... but for everything else, you have UGTO whining posts. UGTO whining posts, accepted everywhere... *grins*

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-06 19:54   
Quote:

On 2006-03-06 19:47, Diabo|ik wrote:
Well well well... what do we have here... Jack whining about the EAD and completetly forgetting that every other ship of a certain unnamed faction are as bad if not worse... Stop looking at your ego Jack, it won't get "bigger".

Some things change... but for everything else, you have UGTO whining posts. UGTO whining posts, accepted everywhere... *grins*

ROFLMAO..

EAD has the LEAST energy of ALL dreads.
EAD has weaponry that requires the MOST energy of the dreads.
EAD has the LEAST armour on the rear, and CANNOT cloak.
The HCL's use just as much energy (if not more) than the QST.

It's PISS POOR. The EAD is THE worst assault dread, if not THE worst dread in 1.483. So please, get your facts straight before mouthing off. There are PLENTLY of pilots here who will agree with me. I'm not whining about it either. This was a post about the history or the EAD, for those who wanted to know about it. The EAD is being fixed in beta, so I don't really need to whine about it. I miss it, and I'll say I miss it, but that's about as far as I go.

Yes it sucks. Everyone else agree's, and just about everyone agree's that it's the worst assault dread, if not THE worst dread, because it has NO use in combat, bar launching QST's at long range which A) gives FF, and B) drains ALL energy, so is useless.

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-03-06 20:20   
The UGTO Elite Assault Dreadnought of today is like the ICC Combat Dreadnought of yesteryear: not exactly the best ship to pick when you're going out to a party. And look how the story has changed. Perhaps the Combat Dreadnought is not like the EAD was in 1.480, but... it's considerably more powerful.

If you can get past all of the jump lag and the suddenly being picked up and thrown into stars and planets as soon as you spawn from home gates problem and the fact that every size ship below you has the same armour power and shield power as you lalala...

And, contrary to what Diabo|ik said, I never really thought the K'luth ships were at much of a disadvantage, even with their sucky armour. The ships are rather useable, and they manage to kill still - perhaps not as well as they could back in 1.480, but it's a consequence of the game. I've played as K'luth for a bit, and I managed to score with them... so... I wouldn't immediately throw them in the bucket.

Alas, I've digressed... and gotten off-topic... and... really... doesn't make much sense any more. I just felt like I should say something.

As for the EAD itself... and how it used to be... and the relation of an EAD to an AC... all I have to say about it all is that I thought the Elite Assault Dreadnought had the potential to be one of the best ships in the game. It wasn't exactly the layout that determined its success; it was the player behind it... as... tends to be the case a good part of the time. I was always biased towards the Command Carrier when I wasn't in my ICC Light Transport... and, really, since I had success with defeating EADs before in a Command Carrier... I do believe that it's the pilot that makes the ship, and not the ship that makes the pilot.

Yeah. That's it for me. Great history lesson, Backy. Maybe, every three to six months, if 1.484 hasn't come out yet, you can give this a bump. "Already harped about it all here. Been there. Done that. Eat your History Wheaties today."

Or something like that.

Goto the website of Grimith
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.013175 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR