Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » [Official] Ship Configuration Tweak Suggestions
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author [Official] Ship Configuration Tweak Suggestions
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-03-01 22:41   
:/ many people like scouts

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-02 08:25   
Not after the hull modifying effects for 1.484.. I can't use assault scouts for combat now :*(

Email Light-of-Aurora
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-02 12:29   
Quote:

On 2006-03-01 21:17, x$traylightx {R33} wrote:
A) Beacons
B)Our Armor is weaker

Beacons scouts only.
Beacons won't be as uber in 1.484.
You can cloak to avoid any fire, hence your armour is weaker. UGTO and ICC ships can't exactly just disapear to stop being damaged, we're stuck in view for all torps, missiles, cannons and beams to hit us.

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-03 02:01   
Scarab

Alternative armor solution would be make er have 2 all rd then i spose. If this craft should be implemented and not bee the scarab it should lose the 4am mines as that is an scarab exculsive weapon along with the frigate. In replacement add two more ruptors and psi cannons

Alternative c
1 aft 2evry where else, as it is it has almost no rear protection therefore its armor should match this. A vessel with simple minded pounding but requires player awareness at mineing and evading.

[ This Message was edited by: Thugonomics_V1.0 on 2006-03-03 02:16 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-03 07:56   
Why does it need a dread armour layout? It's a cruiser :S

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-03 20:05   
umm wat? the TC has same armor layout as the Ead three forward two sides one rear, the battleC same as BattleD i guess i could go on and on, but hull values determine strength, u make no sense im somewhat slow please elaborate.

I understand three forward would be too much for this rig so i agree with u there but ur last response lost me, im sorry.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-03 20:50   
Quote:

On 2006-03-03 20:05, Thugonomics_V1.0 wrote:
umm wat? the TC has same armor layout as the Ead three forward two sides one rear, the battleC same as BattleD i guess i could go on and on, but hull values determine strength, u make no sense im somewhat slow please elaborate.

I understand three forward would be too much for this rig so i agree with u there but ur last response lost me, im sorry.

Difference is that the TC CANNOT cloak to avoid fire. If it's seen, it's seen and can be targeted and fired upon. All the Scale has to do is cloak, and instant god-mode (you know what I mean).

The reason the Kluth dreads have more armour is simply because the human shouls would oblitorate them if they had only one armour. Smaller ships can avoid the fire that bigger ships give out though, so they don't need it, and since you can't be seen all the time (and so can't be fired upon), there's no need for more armour. All it needs is its cloak fixed.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-03-04 10:19   
TC is good, but as soon as something gets behind your toasted. Its a cruiser, its only 1 layer of armour, you got only 2 weapons firing backwards, meaning your toast.

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-05 15:52   
Ok me an Backy had about a ten minute ham session, cant really make accurate judgement till an update to see how effective the cloak is.

I can also tell Backy did not read my alt. B and C armor tweaks, but that is ok man everyone skips a post here an there.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-03-05 16:26   
Quote:

On 2006-03-04 10:19, Sixkiller *S2* wrote:
TC is good, but as soon as something gets behind your toasted. Its a cruiser, its only 1 layer of armour, you got only 2 weapons firing backwards, meaning your toast.

Same as the AC, it's the way it's ment to be

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-06 18:48   
Kluth = Hit and run. Their armor IS weaker, both in amount and in HP.

Personally, I think that most KLuth combative ships should have extra fore armor. Since that is how they attack (from the fore) and cloak usually afterwards, it would be good if more Kluth ships had more fore armor.

And because Organic armor is weaker than human armor, it wont be nearly as much as human ships, but it does help emphasize hit and run tactis.

-Ent

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-03-08 13:46   
Would love to see the old ICC MD style back again... from a distance shooting all missiles from the front

that view always ruled

- Axi

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-11 16:49   
Scale armour shoudl be rotated 90 degrees (i.e. same layout as other cruisers such as Clavate), it should have a hard nose and tail with weak flanks, it makes no sense to have only 1 nose armour, having a weak tail I can understand.

I'm not sure how complete device trees are, but I would reccomend keeping eccm/ecm/scanner family compatible with the aux generators. Having played as ICC power was drained relatively quickly, and when Smartin was K'luth his cloak kept failing as a result of low power, even though he was at a relatively normal speed.

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-11 17:24   
All kluth ships - ECM instead of eccm. 99.9% of time the stock eccm is the first thing to go.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-11 20:19   
I really don't think tweaks will do it. The combat is so dull right now precisely because of the last overhaul. I wouldn't say Overhaul so much as Restoration.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020496 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR