Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » [Official] Ship Configuration Tweak Suggestions
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author [Official] Ship Configuration Tweak Suggestions
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-16 07:37   
I think the K'luth cloak should be changed, too.

At the moment, the K'luth rely on an ability to get a first strike, with the current cloak configuration this is difficult.

What I suggest is one of two things:

Either the decloaking time be reduced and and cloaking time increased, or, what I think is probably fairer, is to keep a decloaking ship's signature at 0 until it becomes fully visible and therfore fully operational (still being visible while decloaking, just not targetable), and making a cloaking ship visible to sensors until it is fully cloaked.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-19 00:09   
I think smaller ships should have their top speed boosted. This includes destroyers frigates and scouts. Since these three classes of ships will stand no chance at even damaging a dreadnaught or station. They should instead be for a different reason. Destroyers should be the anti frig and scout class ship. While frigates and scouts should serve for scouting purposes thus should have high speeds. Thus Destroyers should get a top speed boost of 7 gu, frigates should get a top speed boost of 10 gu, and scouts should get a top speed boost of 15 gu.

The benefit of this is it adds more strategy in playing darkspace. Instead of having a 1 ship type pawns all game, you need a medium sized ships to combat small ships.

But to keep destroyers from being unbeatable because of their high speed, cruisers should also get a top speed boost of 5 gu.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-19 07:55   
doda, you're insane.

Scouts already go insanely fast, and dreads insanely slow...

People really disliked the speed changes in 1.483, and you're proposing to make it worse 0.o?

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-19 19:04   
well ppl disliked it partially becaus scouts could kill dreads, but now even frigates cant hit dreads, so it wouldnt be that big of a problem. Besides you like a 1 ship beats all game?

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-04-20 10:05   
re work the scale make it have more than 3 psi cannons

Email Borgie
*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-04-21 18:40   
ok i think the battle dread should have all p cannons, 4cl lasers, 1 hvy laser and all torps .if nonthing else at least all torps

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-22 07:48   
well ppl disliked it partially becaus scouts could kill dreads, but now even frigates cant hit dreads, so it wouldnt be that big of a problem. Besides you like a 1 ship beats all game?

Doda, in 1.482, dreads were far more feared. They are supposed to be the most powerful ships in the game (bar the stations). In 482 weapons had far less range and beams did damage, so it was basically suicide getting within 250 gu fo a dread, but they could be beaten by several smaller ships, and that, I think, is how it should be. Do I think frigates should have serious problems with dreads? Yes. But get enough frigates going for a dread and manage to kill it and you won't hear any complaints from me.

Ideally a ship of one class should be able to kill a ship of smaller class with ease, and a ship of higher class with difficulty and skill.

Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-04-25 09:27   
Quote:

On 2006-04-19 00:09, doda wrote:
Thus Destroyers should get a top speed boost of 7 gu, frigates should get a top speed boost of 10 gu, and scouts should get a top speed boost of 15 gu.

That doesn't make sense. If you want destroyers to hunt down frigates and scouts, you should decrease the speed of frigates and scouts while increasing the speed of destroyers.

[ This Message was edited by: Nimitz *S2* on 2006-04-25 09:28 ]
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-25 18:32   
Not quite, destroyers - by definition pretty much - are smaller ships that are laiden down with weapons. Dessy vs Frigate is the same as any larger ship vs smaller ship. Close jump, alpha, rinse & repete.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-25 18:55   
Quote:

On 2006-04-21 18:40, COMMANDERHAWK wrote:
ok i think the battle dread should have all p cannons, 4cl lasers, 1 hvy laser and all torps .if nonthing else at least all torps

The changes that have ben made were put in place to make the game balance better. The fact that you can put all pcannons and trops makes the ship somewhat uber. I have yet to see a ship go 1on1 against current battle dread setup in beta and win. The ship is plenty strong enough as is.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-26 18:08   
ICC Heavy Engineering Ship: Give all Weapons Full Arcs and Add 4 Torpedo slots to it so it can actually defend it self and make the Rank Commander
A UGTO 3rd Engineering Ship: Give it more Full Beam/Partical cannon arcs so you can actually attack something behind you and 4 Torp Slots so you can actually DEFEND yourself while building this piddly beam/cannon fodder thing is enough to make you not wanna build

Kluth Drone Engineer II: Give it 5 More Beams for PD and 3 More PSI cannons and let it have shredder Missles for Extra ommph

Email GothThug {C?}
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-01 20:21   
The Agincourt, this dread is super slow man, i mean slow, it should go at 25 GU not 11 with PFE, with I.E it goes 10 but still thats still 1 step down from the station so please make dreads a little faster and more turnable

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-01 20:44   
It goes 15 like the other dreads.

With PFE it goes 13.1.

It should not go 25 gu/s. That's faster than cruisers.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-01 22:30   
Quote:

On 2006-05-01 20:21, Twisted EmoGothThug *T1* wrote:
The Agincourt, this dread is super slow man, i mean slow, it should go at 25 GU not 11 with PFE, with I.E it goes 10 but still thats still 1 step down from the station so please make dreads a little faster and more turnable

PFE drives are ment for power, they reduce spead to output power.

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-02 01:08   
Keep them realistic.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028420 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR