No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Read me, please..
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Read me, please..
.MeLLyMoo.
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-28 01:01   
I know this is a little late, due to the forums dying and having to go to work, but please take a few moments to read this post...,

Feb 25, 2006:
This post used to be filled with anger, until I decided to edit it. Now it is a little bit more subtle, thanks to those who helped me. <3

Over the past few months, I have been very tolerant of some of the subjects that selected few have seen fit to discuss while "Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'" ("The Lobby", open to the public, which is supposedly moderated about 60-90% of the time.)

I just come back from doing whatever and read: (The "X"s are for sensoring purposes...)
Quote:
10:05:44 [XXX]Xxxxx: "RXXE THE CHILDREN, KILL THE WOMEN. or is it the other way around??"
10:05:53 [XXX]Xxxxx: "and rxxe the women, kill the children..."

This is NOT funny IN THE LEAST!.

People who find this sort of thing amusing and humorous, need to have their heads examined. Perhaps they have misconstrued the true meaning of such a word. If this is the case, the best case scenerio would be "When in doubt, don't do it! (or say it)"

Why does it irk me? Well let me see, there were two mods sitting right there and absolutely nothing was said or done.

"Rxxx" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rp) (Yes I'm breaking out the definitions)

n.
1. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.
2. The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.
3. Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rxxx of justice.

Some may have intended to imply one of the last two, but there comes a time and a place where proper judgement becomes a major factor. There are many, many other synonyms that could and should be used!

Why don't I report it? Why should I? I've reported it enough times as is. What needed to be done, was done. I'm not going to report every person who uses that word! Why not make it public, post it on the forums, for everyone to see!? Maybe that will help people come to terms with reality and have more consideration of other people! It's desrespectful, disgusting and downright degrading! Let alone offensive!

Have some common sense!!! How could anyone in their right mind think that that word should be incorporated into our daily conversations? In public? In a SUPPOSEDLY moderated channel where younger people can read and absorb, learn and use, convinced it's completely fine to do so?

Have more respect for everyone and use the whisper command to whom ever cares to hear it!!

Let me remind you that I am very leniant and tolerant. When I strike is when people touch base on a sensitive subject and joke about it like there is absolutely nothing wrong it. You know it's wrong when it creates a nasty film in your mouth, flooding your thoughts with shame and rage. Before it used to offend me and just hurt... now it just angers me because few seem to understand the enormity of this matter.

Joke or not, this issue needs to be taken a little more seriously! By everyone!

Someone, whom I respect dearly, said this to me today after reading such a vulgar and distasteful comment, "Picking and joking in private messages is one thing, but in the open lobby is another". At least some can identify right from wrong!

And another thing, Who would want to rxxe, or/and kill a child! Who cares if it is a person, your neighbor's dog, and even a rusty tailpipe off some crappy car down the steet! Heh, to talk (or boast) about it in public is just so incredibly wrong! It just shows the lack of respect one has for another, regardless of if you like how they play or not. This has gone beyond just the game, its now a matter in which affects people personally.

So a simple and pleasant request: Find other words that can replace words in which are inappriopriate or offensive to someone, to anyone.

We are people, just like you! Treat them the way you want to be treated.

-Mel

P.S. Please refer to the RoC, 3.1.4 Proper Language and 3.1.5 Venue-Specific Behavior, as it clearly states what is prohibited and unprohibited.

Section:
a. The use of overtly offensive, profane, sexually explicit, or abusive language, outside of any venue where it is explicitly permitted, is forbidden. ...

d. Any exchange that alludes to or creates sexual innuendo or implies any form of sexually explicit behavior is forbidden.
It is possible to be explicit without using explicit language directly. Such conversations or suggestions are highly inappropriate and offensive in any public venue, and are likewise considered so in the DarkSpace public communication systems. The difference that they are written publicly on screen rather than spoken or whispered directly is irrelevant.

[ This Message was edited by: F4741 .MeLLyM♥♥. on 2006-03-01 02:15 ]

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-02-28 01:25   
I must aggree and this it's fully stated in the ROC as unacceptable... and should not in any way be tolerated

[ This Message was edited by: Black beard ~R33~ on 2006-02-28 12:32 ]

$milingJ35te|2™{=21st=}[R33HG]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-28 02:35   
signed in agreement SJ

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-28 05:00   
Read, Signed and understood, as i was the victim of such a crime

Email GothThug {C?}
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-02-28 06:31   
if it bothers ya block em

Email Borgie
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-28 06:36   
Using it in that context isn't funny...

But I think such things as (I believe this was said by Monty once): "Run! The K'luth are coming! They'll rxxe your horses and take your women!", should be taken in jest (It's K'luth rxxing horses, ew!).

Nothing was probably done because it's very hard to determin if someone's being serious (I don't think anyone would wish that upon another). And generally, the word "rxxe" is being used more and more in the world to signify "You got owned", and is being accepted more and more (even I've used it a few times, and I don't need to tell you my anger towards the subject).

I know mod's are all too quick to shut down the use of this word (or some of them anyway). But I should bring to light that Oxfords Dictionairy has written here:

To destroy and strip of its possession. eg. "The soldiers rxxed the beautiful country".

I don't mind someone using it in that context, because it has nothing to do with the other meaning, and it's just another word. Using it in the other context though, I don't like (I've told you over the phone before!), these are just my opinions.

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-28 08:41   

It matters not if your are tolerant of the comments or not, it is against ROC and there for should not need to be blocked, but rather banned. Everyone slips with the curse word here or there now and then, but the subject that Melly was speaking on is more then valid its justified by society as wel las our own ROC.

Dont fall into the just mute them trap, that saves the sesibiltys of one only, Melly was right. We owe it to the others in here that came in expecting a clean enviroment in which to play with out sexual comments or presure which may cause somes parrents or spouses to put a nix on the game or make it no fun to play.

HaVoX

[ This Message was edited by: HaVoX on 2006-02-28 11:39 ]

Email HaVoX
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2006-02-28 09:16   
As usual,and Im sorry it happens Mely,nothing gets done.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-02-28 09:32   
RAPE

There, I said it. If it offends you to read the word, then you need councilling. Seriously, I mean it, there are plenty of centres in your country that deal with the issue. If a harmless joke such as this (one that is repeated throughout the western world quite frequently) is enough to offend you, seek help!

While I'm at it, since it's been made clear in a previous thread that it is acceptable to say such things; y'all need to stop being such bloody wankers over stuff like this.

.MeLLyMoo.
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-28 09:34   
Quote:

On 2006-02-28 09:16, Fatal Command*CO* wrote:
As usual,and Im sorry it happens Mely,nothing gets done.

Something was actually done about it, CO. (Whom I thank!)

It' still an opinion, even though it's tardy. And it's an opinion that needed to be voiced.

PS. Im sorry, Gothy *HuggleS*

And Borgie, if something like that or similar happens to you or someone you know, would you want to hear "if it bothers ya block em" or "if you don't like it use the ignore feature!" ??? (... Ya... because its just something you can sweep to the curb, forget and pretend never happened... [/sarcasm]) ... Sensitivity, a trait that, believe it or not, most girl actually like to see..

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-02-28 09:35   
well thanks to her its not got a 24 hour ban off that.. which i agree with ya cold they need to grow up alittle

Email Borgie
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-28 09:39   
Havox, whilst agreeing with your statement whole heartedly, i then saw your sig. which seemed to convey a double meaning.
Society has strict codes of conduct regarding certain words and meanings as describe eloquently by Backslash. There comes a point however when seeminingly innocuos pics or statements can have different levels of response from individuals. Take the sig. many females will argue that that the sig is sexist, and demeaning. I personally have no probs with it.
It is a perception thing, and yet the word rape at the moment transcends the currently acceptable societal norm, and therfore should be banned and the perp dealt with.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-02-28 09:44   
Quote:
if something like that or similar happens to you or someone you know, would you want to hear "if it bothers ya block em" or "if you don't like it use the ignore feature!"

A good friend of mine was KILLED, but the joke doesn't offend me. Is rape any worse than murder?

.MeLLyMoo.
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-28 09:44   
Quote:

On 2006-02-28 09:32, c0ldfury wrote:
RAPE

There, I said it. If it offends you to read the word, then you need councilling. Seriously, I mean it, there are plenty of centres in your country that deal with the issue. If a harmless joke such as this (one that is repeated throughout the western world quite frequently) is enough to offend you, seek help!

While I'm at it, since it's been made clear in a previous thread that it is acceptable to say such things; y'all need to stop being such bloody wankers over stuff like this.

It's people like you who make me ashamed.

And by the way, it was sensored to prevent getting in trouble. and secondly to keep the individual's identity confidential.

And ha! I've had counselling, you fool! That is why I am no longer accepting of it!

It's amusing how you turn something that was intended for good purposes into something that attempts to make me look like some idiot.

Hey, no one can change anyones opinions for them. But someone can at least try to help others see things from a different light.

Deal with it, not everyone is an %??%$@%?$!#!

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-02-28 09:54   
Quote:

And ha! I've had counselling, you fool! That is why I am no longer accepting of it!

Well maybe you should get on to every dictionary publisher in your country and lobby for the word to be removed from the language?! Or are you only interested in censoring on a small scale?

THE JOKE WAS NOT AIMED AT YOU SO IT ISN'T OFFENSIVE TO YOU.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026596 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR