No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +23.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Read me, please..
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Read me, please..
c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-02-28 15:35   
So the joke; 'The aliens are coming to eat our women and rape our food' is permanently off-limits, gotcha!

Sieg heil, Dem.

Quote:

That stance is that the word "rape," as it is most commonly known, defines the violation of an individual's body by an assailant. This experience is more emotionally and physically tormenting than any of us could ever realize, as this is not your morals that are being violated... not your beliefs, your ethnicity, your character, or your honor.

Similar arguments can be made for other subjects, such as war, for instance.
/yawn

Quote:

To Coldfury, Sure, it may have seemed as a joke to You.

I found it quite distasteful actually.

[ This Message was edited by: c0ldfury on 2006-02-28 15:40 ]

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-02-28 15:42   
Yes, that saying is off Limits Coldfury.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-02-28 15:46   
Quote:

On 2006-02-28 09:32, c0ldfury wrote:
RAPE

There, I said it. If it offends you to read the word, then you need councilling. Seriously, I mean it, there are plenty of centres in your country that deal with the issue. If a harmless joke such as this (one that is repeated throughout the western world quite frequently) is enough to offend you, seek help!

While I'm at it, since it's been made clear in a previous thread that it is acceptable to say such things; y'all need to stop being such bloody wankers over stuff like this.

You said it was distasteful to you, yet you seem to make such an argument that it's a 'harmless' word? It offends people because the word means terrible things. It offends people because it may have happend to them. It offends people because they know people that it has happend to. Wanker = No No.Coldfury, you seem to be pushing your limits, and I dont think many moderators will tolerate it much longer..

[ This Message was edited by: x$traylightx {R33} on 2006-02-28 16:10 ]

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-02-28 16:02   
Quote:
You said it was distasteful to you, yet you seem to make such an argument that it's a 'harmless' word?

Yes, there are quite a few words/ideas that are distasteful to many and offensive to a few. Yet they are harmless?!

GO FIGURE.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-02-28 16:04   
Quote:

On 2006-02-28 15:46, x$traylightx {R33} wrote:
Oh, and the word you used 'Wanker' isnt acceptible either, for it means rather bad things in UK-English, too. Coldfury, you seem to be pushing your limits, and I dont think many moderators will tolerate it much longer..

Wanker's been allowed for a long, long time. It doesn't mean a bad word either, or a bad thing.

Paranius Starsplitter
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-28 16:20   
ya, okay. im not even going to READ this thread apparently about sexual harrassment and whatnot. this is bull@&~&%^!@. first off,

1. THIS IS A GAME

2. NOBODY should ever make offenses like this and

3. IF YOU TAKE OFFENSE, YOU ARE PROBABLY TAKING THIS GAME TOO SERIOUSLY (its only a simulated world, so thats just simulated harrassment)

4. your all children

its just a game. they have no right to say the trash they say, but you dont have to listen to it and if the admins see it, they'l get banned, anyway. the trash coming from them is NOT worth your time. look how upset you've got yourselves. im not saying your a bad person, im just saying you need to rethink WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW. why are you all wasting your time on this? im wasting my time on this because the MV is down and im bored, otherwise i wouldnt waste my time enlightening you all.

this is just like al qaeda. yes i will compare mere harrassers to terrorists. because when you think you're winning the war on terror, but your so scared @&~&%^!@less theres even a chance that there could be an attack any time of any moment in any place, and you have to take such massive and ridiculous measures of security in all major public areas, monuments, transportation, etc., the terrorists are really winning. take that word appart: terror+ists. whats that first word, thats what americas experiencing right now (just an example b/c most of us are americans here)

the harrassers are winning here, too. you're all stupid for letting them win by making a big deal out of this. they're not a big deal. actually, no. i guess they have succeeded in becoming a big deal through your reactions, though if you want to see a big deal, PLAY THE GAME. destroy the earth or something. SHEESH. they cannot stop you from just ignoring them. it happens to everyone, not just women. i am harrassed in other ways (although not normally sexually) daily. its just an annoyance, and its not the end of the world if you maybe (llike they really know. hah) have boobs and thats the topic of harrassment. or whatever the hell is it is thats getting everyone so crazy right here.

oh yeah and i realise i used some swear words. if the hallway patrol wants to delete/edit my post, go right ahead, feel big and important. your all idiots and this thread is a monument to that. i dont really care, though. those harrassers are scumbags, and you guys have a lot of free time on your hands. thats both very annoying, and they're just taking advantage of you

grow the heck up everybody. your stealing bandwidth posting about this JUNK!!!

oh yes but ofcourse none of this applies to real-life sexual harrassment because that can be dangerous and should be taken care of. no, theres probably just some 12 yr old kids laughing their ASSES off that they made you so sad and so upset and so angry that you had to start this thread and whatnot. theres like 3 or 4 pages here, holy hell! and yeah, im not upset, just speaking in generalisations and trying to get your attn.

Goto the website of Paranius Starsplitter
Paranius Starsplitter
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-28 16:21   
and ya it took me about 50 seconds to write that so if its not entirely relevant, i dont care. pls make a big deal out of it and a 3 page thread all about how upset you are i didnt make you read all that. LOL

Paranius Starsplitter
Cadet

Posted: 2006-02-28 16:24   
Quote:

On 2006-02-28 16:02, c0ldfury wrote:
Quote:
You said it was distasteful to you, yet you seem to make such an argument that it's a 'harmless' word?

Yes, there are quite a few words/ideas that are distasteful to many and offensive to a few. Yet they are harmless?!

GO FIGURE.

all words intended to just provoke you and piss you off for no constructive reason are COMPLETELY harmless.

YOU WANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneone

^
|

I BET YOU'RE REALLY PISSD OFF AT ME NOW. I JUST CALLED SOMEBODY A WANKER. HAHAHAHA NOW IM TYPING IN CAPS. WHAT A JERK I AM.

no, get real. if you did this to me, i wouldnt be pissed off. i cant even hear you, its just some ASCII characters. hell, you guys can call me whatever i want, like i care.

and no im not defending this. im just saying quit wasting your time with this. sheesh now the MV appears to be up and im not going to waste my time further here. hope SOMEBODY (out of the so many whose posted here) realises how silly they've been.

[ This Message was edited by: Paranius Starsplitter on 2006-02-28 16:27 ]

c0ld
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-02-28 16:38   

Love the al-Qaeda reference btw, quality stuff!

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-02-28 16:39   
Quote:

On 2006-02-28 16:20, Paranius Starsplitter wrote:
ya, okay. im not even going to READ this thread apparently about sexual harrassment and whatnot. this is -Edited-first off,

1. THIS IS A GAME

2. NOBODY should ever make offenses like this and

3. IF YOU TAKE OFFENSE, YOU ARE PROBABLY TAKING THIS GAME TOO SERIOUSLY (its only a simulated world, so thats just simulated harrassment)

4. your all children

If you'd read, it isnt just about the game. It's about what people say ingame, or out of game. It doesnt have anything to do with "My ship is better cause your a girl!".

Quote:

its just a game. they have no right to say the trash they say, but you dont have to listen to it and if the admins see it, they'l get banned, anyway. the trash coming from them is NOT worth your time. look how upset you've got yourselves. im not saying your a bad person, im just saying you need to rethink WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW. why are you all wasting your time on this? im wasting my time on this because the MV is down and im bored, otherwise i wouldnt waste my time enlightening you all.

Maybe you should stop and rethink. We're not wasting time, we're actualy discussing a very important matter in the game.. Yes, it's just a game, but where is the fun, when certain phrases and words posted before, can be said, without punishment, or worry? There is none.

Quote:
this is just like al qaeda. yes i will compare mere harrassers to terrorists. because when you think you're winning the war on terror, but your so scared -Edited- theres even a chance that there could be an attack any time of any moment in any place, and you have to take such massive and ridiculous measures of security in all major public areas, monuments, transportation, etc., the terrorists are really winning. take that word appart: terror+ists. whats that first word, thats what americas experiencing right now (just an example b/c most of us are americans here)

Youve changed what the original topic was, and made it into something else. Harrasment isnt Terrorism, and the topics cant even be compared.

Quote:
the harrassers are winning here, too. you're all stupid for letting them win by making a big deal out of this. they're not a big deal. actually, no. i guess they have succeeded in becoming a big deal through your reactions, though if you want to see a big deal, PLAY THE GAME. destroy the earth or something. SHEESH. they cannot stop you from just ignoring them. it happens to everyone, not just women. -Edited this sentence..-. or whatever the hell is it is thats getting everyone so crazy right here.

Yes, they've become a big deal, because some things just shouldnt be said. The things posted earlier, are offensive to MANY people who play this game, and can force them away. Sure, we can ignore them, but there are always more people saying the same things. It does happen to everyone, and that is why it's a very sensitive subject.

Quote:
oh yeah and i realise i used some swear words. if the hallway patrol wants to delete/edit my post, go right ahead, feel big and important. your all idiots and this thread is a monument to that. i dont really care, though. those harrassers are scumbags, and you guys have a lot of free time on your hands. thats both very annoying, and they're just taking advantage of you

They dont need to feel Big and Important about editing your post., but I guess you do, because you had to cuss, and flame this topic..

Quote:
oh yes but ofcourse none of this applies to real-life sexual harrassment because that can be dangerous and should be taken care of. no, theres probably just some 12 yr old kids laughing their -Butts- off that they made you so sad and so upset and so angry that you had to start this thread and whatnot. theres like 3 or 4 pages here, holy hell! and yeah, im not upset, just speaking in generalisations and trying to get your attn.

Actualy, if you had read earlier, this topic is because people on darkspace have been sexualy harrased in real life, and do not see the joke, or fun in comments by people, and want something more done about it. Also, for a person who isnt upset, you sure seem like it..

-Crim

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-28 16:56   
Quote:

On 2006-02-28 14:49, x$traylightx {R33} wrote:
Hmmm...Where to start...Okay.

First off, Dem, you are one of the few moderators today, that even seem to enforce things.. Drafell,Doran,Feral,Starfist,Zeritu, and James are the only other ones I have seen enforce something in the past month or so, and I've seen alot of RoC breaking comments, or talk in the lobby, with little said from the moderators in the lobby..Why let these things go on? I have no clue, but if you can, find moderators who are willing to enforce the Rules of Conduct.

-Crim

Hmmm...Where to Start...Okay.

First off Crim, My choosing your post to quote here is nothing personal. I get find it to be the perfect post for my response and I have heard just exactly this type of " Find Moderators who are willing to Enforce the RoC" comments.

1st: Demorians words on the subject of the word/words in question here in this topic can be and are considered final on the matter. The Staff has discussed this, and he are very much in agreement on the subject.

Now. As to "Moderators who are willing to Enforce the RoC"

While it is true there are not ALWAYS Staff members in the lobby, there ARE at almost any given time 1 to as many as 3 or 4 of us in the lobby.

We the Staff are ALL of various ages, genders, nationalities, races, and cultural backgrounds. Each of us Moderates in his or her own way. Some of us ARE infact very strict enforcers of the RoC while some of us admittedly are more on the Lax side. However as to any Unwillingness to Enforce the RoC?? This is simply NOT TRUE.

1. * [MODSEND] to Username @*******: "YOU CAN NOT SEE THIS! ONLY THE TARGET OF SUCH A MESSAGE CAN!"

2. * You whispered to Username : "FURTHERMORE YOU CAN NOT SEE THIS! AGAIN ONLY MY TARGET CAN."

3. While MUCH like there is not ALWAYS a Moderator in the lobby there is also not always a lot of Chat..........However. There ARE times when the amount of chat (/send f, /send Clan, General Lobby chat, /whispers, and even Staff chat) is SO overwhelming that *as in the case in this topic* a comment or comments IS infact missed and or overlooked by whatever lone mod may be in the lobby.

4. I have seen with my own eyes what kind of reaction it gets when Mods "Enforce the RoC" in the manner that people seem to now be requesting.........We tend to get called Nazis, and Ogres, and mean and overreacting etc etc. blah blah blah.

Trust me I HAVE NO PROBLEM enforcing the RoC in such a way IF that is TRUELY what you desire.

5. Many of the people posting here in this very topic know full well that they have at times stepped on if not blatantly crossed the line in lobby on more than one occassion.......Either because they have a "Friend" who is a Mod, or in many cases just because they wanna test the bounds....

Sorta Living in Glass houses and throwing stones aren't we?

6. While I love my friends here dearly, and I love this community as a whole EVEN MORE........YOU ARE NOT MODERATORS! Yes I understand you are just trying to help us out, and we the staff generally never say anything about it to stop you, but in MANY Cases Your "helping" tends to inflame the situation because of the wonderful, and almost predictable response from the "Offender": "Your Not a Mod! I don't have to listen to you!" Etc etc. then of course this gets the entire lobby started in and low an Behold the MODERATOR is next to powerless to stop it......short of Mass mutes, and wholesale kicking.(which I have been tempted to do more than once)

Me personally I allow NON-Mods to take a shot at Handling a situation. MANY times this is actually taken a lot easier by the offender than any "Official" action, and the situation resolves itself. However if they continue PLEASE Step aside and let me handle it.

7. Many of you know I DO NOT Tolerate Flame Wars in the Lobby while I am on. Furthermore while playful Jabs and the exchange of Barbed comments are let go, I tolerate absolutely NO blatant and beligerant insults.

I am fairly well known (I think) as a fair Moderator, I do not consider myself very strict, nor do I wish to be so. However I DO tend to draw the line Clearly, and Swfitly if and when I see the need to do so.

I have defused many a situation with me "Fool in a Green shirt" Attitude, but I also have more than my fair share of posts in the Player Managment forum.

8. I do though allow the "off color" Remark or two slide......allow (and even sometimes Participate in) some "Borderline" banter.....For that I may very well be wrong, I don't know. I like to think That I only allow that sort of thing when the lobby is at a point in numbers that everyone is of an adult age (There are those times) and that I do NOT allow it when I know that Minors MAY be present.

9.The same goes for any comments that MAY be offensive to some people.

The mere fact that YOU!!! do not find it offensive matters NOT ONE BIT AT ALL PERIOD If anyone else finds it offensive then it IS INFACT so to them and THAT my friends is where I have to draw the line.

10.In Real life I DO NOT recognize YOUR "Right" to NOT be offended by anything I say or do. YOU DO NOT HAVE THAT RIGHT!!!

HERE at Dark Space YOU DO have that Right! You and EVERYONE else here. and I will do what I should and can do when it is needed to put a stop to such activities.

And FINALLY: Do we need more Moderators? NO. Do we need more ADMINS? No.

Do we need (as a community) to show more restraint in what we say and do to others here? YES.

Hugs to all,
Feral

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-28 17:01   
The only people who have any say are the DS Staff hahaha lolololol.. Dem says it's off limits, BAM off limits. .......

Email Light-of-Aurora
Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-28 17:05   
On a side note, way to get across your point with multiple consecutive posts, instead of appending any new thoughts by editing, you big cheater

Email Light-of-Aurora
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-02-28 17:11   
Im so ever sorry that i have to post here again but i've already had to ignore 3 Users in the lobby for sexually harrassing me, 2 of them got permabanned and 1 of them is sitting on thin ice with me you know him as Petey2k, i have him ignored yet i can still see his sexually harrassing words, you do realise that harrassment is worse than the R word? it is, it can be mentally damaging, still, more people need to realise this is wrong, and if me, melly tarne, or any other woman or guy catch anyone saying words of this nature too anyone in game i wont hesitate to report anyone being offensive, I love this game, i love its community but what i've had to put up with in the 2 years i've been here i hate and i hate it really bad, now you guys grow up im sick of the childish talk, i mean come on 75% of this community are adults right?

im done im too upset

Email GothThug {C?}
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-02-28 17:11   
Quote:

On 2006-02-28 16:56, Feralwulf wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-02-28 14:49, x$traylightx {R33} wrote:
Hmmm...Where to start...Okay.

First off, Dem, you are one of the few moderators today, that even seem to enforce things.. Drafell,Doran,Feral,Starfist,Zeritu, and James are the only other ones I have seen enforce something in the past month or so, and I've seen alot of RoC breaking comments, or talk in the lobby, with little said from the moderators in the lobby..Why let these things go on? I have no clue, but if you can, find moderators who are willing to enforce the Rules of Conduct.

-Crim

Hmmm...Where to Start...Okay.

First off Crim, My choosing your post to quote here is nothing personal. I get find it to be the perfect post for my response and I have heard just exactly this type of " Find Moderators who are willing to Enforce the RoC" comments.

Thanks.
Quote:

4. I have seen with my own eyes what kind of reaction it gets when Mods "Enforce the RoC" in the manner that people seem to now be requesting.........We tend to get called Nazis, and Ogres, and mean and overreacting etc etc. blah blah blah.

Sometimes is better to be called a Nazi, or Ogre, if it means to keep this game clean.

Quote:
6. While I love my friends here dearly, and I love this community as a whole EVEN MORE........YOU ARE NOT MODERATORS! Yes I understand you are just trying to help us out, and we the staff generally never say anything about it to stop you, but in MANY Cases Your "helping" tends to inflame the situation because of the wonderful, and almost predictable response from the "Offender": "Your Not a Mod! I don't have to listen to you!" Etc etc.

I know Im not a moderator, and I've known it for awhile, but I atleast try to take action on the subject at hand (not taking a shot at you =P)

Quote:
Me personally I allow NON-Mods to take a shot at Handling a situation. MANY times this is actually taken a lot easier by the offender than any "Official" action, and the situation resolves itself. However if they continue PLEASE Step aside and let me handle it.

I'll remember this next time I ask someone to stop

Quote:
8. I do though allow the "off color" Remark or two slide......allow (and even sometimes Participate in) some "Borderline" banter.....For that I may very well be wrong, I don't know. I like to think That I only allow that sort of thing when the lobby is at a point in numbers that everyone is of an adult age (There are those times) and that I do NOT allow it when I know that Minors MAY be present.

I choose to think that there are minors here, and I try to keep my public chat in the Disney Cartoon kinda range..

Quote:
9.The same goes for any comments that MAY be offensive to some people.

The mere fact that YOU!!! do not find it offensive matters NOT ONE BIT AT ALL PERIOD If anyone else finds it offensive then it IS INFACT so to them and THAT my friends is where I have to draw the line.

Amen, Feral.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024572 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR