No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Diplomacy
 Author Diplomacy
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-02 17:43   
Since DarkSpace is teambased strategy maybe we should have a system to form Treaties. Treaties between fleets of different faction that is timed and has a history of deaths, kills, have trading of goods and credits to a fleet treasury(if that comes back.) While in the MV treaty ships of that fleet marked are allied(green,blue) along with its planets. If allied planets are attacked that treaty ship of that allied fleet of the other faction is given friendly fire points. Not much I can put in words with it lmao to make it sound interesting or important.

[ This Message was edited by: Feralwulf on 2006-03-09 21:54 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-02 19:23   
Hm...

Not a bad idea, but I think it would require too much to impliment .

Also, you'd get people saying "DON'T SHOOT SO AND SO, FFS, WE'RE ALLIED". Because "we're" is that fleet, and another, NOT the faction.

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-02 21:13   
You spelled diplomacy wrong! aha!
Might have problems, who makes the treaties official ei. who makesthe red dots green? If its 1 fleet admin, it would force fleet members to leave the fleet to engage som of the enemy, may not be a problem because the treaties are with fleets, not factions..
Think Jack's right, might take a while

Email Light-of-Aurora
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-02 21:38   
ya know i spelled it right before then they told me i spelled it wrong lmao

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-03 08:53   
I am all for the treaty idea, and i dont know why it should be that hard to put out. lots of games have treaty options that have way more players and have more details in the game. should be simple to make a allied fleet blue, as well as making a enemy (any faction) targetable if they declare war on a allied fleet.

This really opens up the door for additional play opptions beside the simple constant warefare between factions, such as pirates, (not just shadow pirates) the kind that are hunted by everyone. fleet admin could vote, mods or admins could review and declare a player a pirate, he would be red to everyone, and only able to use the pirate gate in trip. (it wuld have to be full service though)

Just adding to the idea, though i really dont think the system would be hard to put in the game, just take getting used to, players would be the hang up.

Email HaVoX
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-03 19:09   
So......anyone think of adding something like this in beta?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-03 19:50   
Quote:

On 2006-03-03 08:53, HaVoX wrote:
I am all for the treaty idea, and i dont know why it should be that hard to put out. lots of games have treaty options that have way more players and have more details in the game. should be simple to make a allied fleet blue, as well as making a enemy (any faction) targetable if they declare war on a allied fleet.

It's hard because DarkSpace isn't like every other game. And lot sof other games had diplomacy in the original engine, so it's in retail. DarkSpace didn't, and so I'd imagine a few database changes would have to be done, and that ain't an easy thing to do when MUCH more important things need to be done.

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-03-05 19:17   
Quote:

This really opens up the door for additional play opptions beside the simple constant warefare between factions, such as pirates, (not just shadow pirates) the kind that are hunted by everyone. fleet admin could vote, mods or admins could review and declare a player a pirate, he would be red to everyone, and only able to use the pirate gate in trip. (it wuld have to be full service though)

I think it'd be better if the player were able to choose to be a Pirate or not. All Pirate ships would become friendly, everything else, Red.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-06 08:10   
uh hello, its been said before, TREATIES DONT WORK ever.....i've suggested it before and its been turned down.

Email GothThug {C?}
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-06 08:53   
Quote:

On 2006-03-05 19:17, Polaris {Starfury} wrote:
Quote:

I think it'd be better if the player were able to choose to be a Pirate or not. All Pirate ships would become friendly, everything else, Red.

Thats it! perfect!

Make a new faction Pirate! choose your race, and select pirate, they could ultimatly be the most dangerous faction in the game. ICC/Luth def planets, Luth bombers with UGTO combat support, ICC pulling long range attack, Luth pops surprise attack, UGTO mops em up. All would fear the pirate faction.
Just no engys have to steal everything

[ This Message was edited by: HaVoX on 2006-03-06 08:56 ]

Email HaVoX
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-06 11:29   
Quote:

On 2006-03-06 08:53, HaVoX wrote:
Thats it! perfect!

Make a new faction Pirate! choose your race, and select pirate, they could ultimatly be the most dangerous faction in the game. ICC/Luth def planets, Luth bombers with UGTO combat support, ICC pulling long range attack, Luth pops surprise attack, UGTO mops em up. All would fear the pirate faction.
Just no engys have to steal everything

Pirates are already ingame. Scout to Destroyers only. They will not be playable either. The last thing we need is MORE stuff to try and balance. The magical three works, and I think it'll stay like that untill we get enough people to release MIR as the 4th faction.

Quietly confident
Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-06 12:03   
I doubt diplmacy would work.. unless the MV was driven by wars between Fleets rather then factions.

Ahh.. the good old' days of pirates and Mir...
i think i played a part n the Admin removing them from the current game, lol

Commander of the Heavy supply Ship Laden

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-08 07:43   
oh yes, i blame you for that chimera lol, j/k

Email GothThug {C?}
Quietly confident
Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-08 11:50   
well i did abuse them, by making them playable in my own maps using the editor, lol. but meh =P

Hmm.... more on the idea of allieing..

Colours (of planet/ship icons)

Allied Fleet - BLue
Same Faction - Green
Enemy - Red
neutral - Yellow

The Fleets will only really take effect in the MV.
All scenario servers will essentaily remain the same. with only the colour diffrence.

MV:

In the MV. you can only FF or TK someone if there in your fleet or allied with your fleet. so in otherwords, you can kill/attack/capture any of your factions planets and ships as well as the enemys.

if you understood that well done... i htink. lol

Commander of the Heavy supply Ship Laden

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-09 17:20   
not very sure if anything like this would be accepted but its a great idea for one of these days to come

Page created in 0.024691 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR