Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Because sometimes they come back...
 Author Because sometimes they come back...
Lupino
Cadet

Posted: 2006-03-04 02:06   
I admit, despite all the problems with lag, long delays between updates, lag, cheesy tactics, lag, gameplay issues and lag, Darkspace has always been a fun game, and I've been thinking about getting back into the loop.

The only thing is, reading through all of the dev logs, threads, chat logs, even the manual, doesn't give that clear a picture of how things have changed. Are Dreads now something to be feared like they were back in .480? Are Frigates still the black sheep of the ship lists? How are the new fighters working? What's the deal with weapons and armor now? Do people still fly around blowing up cruisers in their little scouts? Do we know any more about the MIR or whatever their name is now? And has K'Luth whining 'improved' their cloak?

Basically, is it worth it re-installing the game and shelling out $9.99 a month again, or would it be better to wait the minimum 2 years for the next update? (.484 already? damn I feel old...)

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-03-04 05:11   
You'd better atleast come lobby camp, I got a beating stick with your name on it Lup

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2006-03-04 05:28   
I would say NO...but cant..so will just say......(place any word except one that means yes in any way , shape, or form)

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-04 07:18   
Good time to come lup, 1.484 (beta) is being worked on a possibly released soon (few weeks..) So your abit early. This 1.1483 version is a tad chaotic, i recommend you try it thoe so you know you have been there and tried that. Hopefully more vets return in the future!

[ This Message was edited by: Ospolos on 2006-03-04 07:19 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-04 10:07   
Quote:

On 2006-03-04 02:06, Lupino wrote:
Are Dreads now something to be feared like they were back in .480?
not quite, but .484 is getting it pretty close.
Are Frigates still the black sheep of the ship lists?
depends on the faction. ugto's interceptor frigates pack a wallop, icc's sensor frigate isnt anything to sneeze at either. but kluths frigates we dont see much, if any, of. however .484 will put frigates back down at the bottom of the list.
How are the new fighters working?
each faction has an assault/attack fighter, a bomber fighter, and a useless interceptor fighter.
What's the deal with weapons and armor now?
cannons > beams, CLs only do any significant damage at very short ranges and are pretty much PD only, flux beams are pants. .484 elf beams are nasty, will keep you from shooting and drain your energy. missiles can still be swapped for torps (but not in .484), pcms hurt. emp will put holes in shields. beacons completely nullify kluth's cloak. sabots arent used much, gauss isnt used at all.
3 types of armor, standard, ablative and reflective. reflective is better against beams, ablative is better against torps and missiles but does not self-repair, and standard is decent all-around protection. kluth only have organic armor

Do people still fly around blowing up cruisers in their little scouts?
other way around, due to armor/shield issues, scouts fly around blowing up cruisers (maybe not that drastic, but scouts are nasty, icc scouts are just this side of invincible)
Do we know any more about the MIR or whatever their name is now?
nope
And has K'Luth whining 'improved' their cloak?
when cloaked they are effectivly undetectable. that doesnt account for engine noise, eccm pinging, nav lag and beacons. cloak/decloak times are being tweak lower in beta. for all the complaints about kluths weak armor, cloak needs to be squared away first.

Basically, is it worth it re-installing the game and shelling out $9.99 a month again
yes, but thats just me.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-04 10:42   
when this patch comes out and there is no problems with it can it be the last:D

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-04 10:42   
when this patch comes out and there is no problems with it can it be the last:D

Page created in 0.016103 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR