No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +7.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The History of the Charger
 Author The History of the Charger
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-03-14 02:04   
As anyone who reads my fanfics or my signatures knows, my fictional ship is the Assault Class Cruiser Charger. To anyone who cares, here is a little backstory for you. It is unfinished as of yet.

• July 28th 2249 CE – Commissioned as the U.W.S. Charger, part of the Sol Defense Force.
• August 13th 2249 CE – Final shakedown cruise completes without incident. The U.W.S. Charger, registration ACC-66 is officially ushered into service during the trailing end of the Second Stellar War. Her first captain is 1st Rear Admiral Martin Samschick, a decorated but indecisive commander.
• December 25th 2249 CE – As part of a joint strike force, the Charger infiltrates and successfully destroys a stronghold of the Stellar Freedom Alliance in a surprise attack during a holiday celebration.
• 2252 CE – Despite Admiral Samschick’s constant requests, the UGTO Council refuses to allow him to equip the Charger with the new shield technology developed by Future Ship Technologies Inc. The captain refuses to accept the Council’s decision, and pays out of pocket for two shield generators to be installed on the ship. One fore, one aft. The generators can only cover 2/3 of the entire ship, and are especially weak in the rear, by the primary ion drives.
• March 23rd 2257 CE – 1st Rear Admiral Samschick retires from active service at the age of sixty three. By his request, his Executive Officer, Commander Julia Macrolla is promoted to the rank of Captain and given command of the Charger.
• July 24th 2258 CE – One day after the UGTO declares war on the ICC the Charger is transferred from the 1st Sol Defense Fleet to the 7th Fleet in Luyten.
• February 16 2260 CE – During the disastrous battle of Luyten, the Charger’s shield systems give her an edge that only four other illegally modified UGTO cruisers have, but is not enough to combat the ICC’s superior strategy and technology. The five ships equipped with shields withdraw, but not before the Charger’s entire shield system is rendered inoperable. Captain Macrolla is killed by a stray torpedo that scrapes the side of the ship, knocking her against a bulkhead. Commander Timothy Cromie is given a field promotion to Captain, and given command of the Charger. The ship sits out the rest of the war in space dock undergoing extensive repairs.
• June 12th 2260 CE – The U.W.S. Charger is deemed obsolete to the UGTO, and mothballed. After being stripped of all internal mechanics, power systems, life support, weapons and defenses, she is flown by computer to the shipyards orbiting the gas giant of Ross 11, in the Ross 348 system. Upon arrival, all remaining engines and computer components are removed. Essentially, the ship is nothing more than an empty hull. She still bears the name Charger on her prow, and her registration number, however the U.W.S. has scuffed off, and the painted image of an earth horse is unrecognizable.
• January 31st 2263 CE – A former UGTO war veteran, searching for a way to start up a transport-for-hire business, receives permission from the UGTO to purchase the gutted hull of any ship he can afford, cruiser class or below, from the mothballed fleets orbiting Ross 11. Upon finding the Charger, Retired Marine Sergeant Victor Samschick remembers his father’s stories of the last ship he ever commanded. The UGTO sell him the hull at an inflated value, but Samschick is able to steal enough parts from the various surrounding ships to make up the loss.
• May 6th 2264 – Samschick spends his entire life savings from his UGTO combat pay to the inheritance his father left him to get the Charger into working order. As the only ship in operation, Charger Transports LLC has an unimpressive maiden voyage.
• August 26th 2264 – After almost four months with little to no work, Samschick has no choice but to sell the Charger. There are no interested parties.
• January 10th 2265 – With a new High Councilor recently elected into office, there is renewed interest throughout the ICC military in obtaining former UGTO warships. Samschick, on the verge of bankruptcy and starvation sells the Charger to the ICC for twice what he paid. Immediate conversions are planned.
• June 28th 2265 – One month before the ships birthday, the Charger leaves the spacedock orbiting Atlantis in Tau Ceti with the following armament: Three Mark VI Ion Sublight Engines; A one piece custom fit armor plate covering the entire hull; Four focused directional Reactive Shield Generators; One Fusion Reactor 1000; One Aft-Ejection Nuclear Mine launcher; Two Omni-Directional ChemLaser 500’s; One Forward Facing ChemLaser 1000; and Five Omni-Directional magnetic induced Fusion Torpedo Launchers – each capable of carrying upto sixty warheads. The ship is immediately put through shakedown trials.
• July 7th 2265 – After almost two weeks of shakedown time, the dock commander at the Atlantis Shipyard presents the Charger with two upgrades to her standard equipment, as requested by her soon-to-be captain. The first is an enhanced shield and sensor package, which uses the advanced, or Active shield system to boost the resolution of the sensor system. The second is a replacement to the heavy laser on the bow of the ship. The ChemLaser 2000 was “borrowed” from the construction of one of the new class UGTO Dreadnaughts, of which little information is known other than there were a lot of CL2000’s being equipped.
• July 28th 2265 – Sixteen years after the Charger’s initial commission date, the ship is re-commissioned into the ICC fleet. The registration of ACC-66 does not change, however the ship’s prefix does. She is now known as the C.S.S. Charger. She is immediately pushed into service as a part of the 4th ICC Fleet, currently occupying the boarder system of BD+4344. Her first commander is a young Captain by the name of Marcus Darksoul.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-03-14 16:42   
BRAVO! Was reading that whole story waiting for that name... Glad to see Marcus made it into the history... It makes me proud to see I wrote part of the Chargers history albeit not as a intentional thing but by accident so to speak...

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-03-14 17:11   
Oh thats only part one, but I'm not gonna finish it until all of the stories are completed up to Twilight

Which reminds me, I need the year that TFF takes place, I was thinking 2275-ish

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-03-14 18:29   
yeah that is ok.. never really thought about what year TFF takes place in.... it would be awhile after your dad got the charger since he was a "young captain" just throw some numbers in and call it even... btw got a new email addy... rocko @ same as before. net if you understand...

I will get back into DS as soon as I can.. I had to reformat my HD because I was playing around in the registry trying to rip out old stuff in there and royaly screwed things up.... thank god HP has a recover partition to redo the HD to factory settings....

Though I lost alot of stuff that for sure...

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-03-14 19:07   
You Sex Me.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-03-14 19:50   
Crim.. die.

Ok, will change it. Haven't written much of anything, just fired this off last night in a fit of insomnia, should get a good deal done tomorrow though. Will let ya know!

Page created in 0.010324 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR