No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Torpedos
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Torpedos
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-21 21:23   
Okay, basically im saying this, i want to be able to mod out Torpedos instead of Missles for the following ships

1. Sensor Corvette
2. Assault Frigate
3. Missle Cruiser
4. all Kluth ships
5. Combat Destroyer
6. Interdictors
7. Heavy Cruiser
8. UGTO Frigates
9. UGTO Assault Dessie

Im getting sick and tired of the ICC's and Kluths voices not being heard, so, im taking the inititive and Posting a thread voicing my concern on Torps/Missles because 1 you cant Fight Close Combat with them and 2. they lag up the damn server. so instead of listening to Jack, LISTEN to the players not him or anyone else that lobby camps. im done

Email GothThug {C?}
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-22 00:18   
Interdictors should be stand off vessels, IMHO it would be more suiting for them to be armed with missiles over torpedos. This may leave them somewhat vulnerable to close quaters battle but that is where teamwork comes in.

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-22 07:52   
ICC ships are supposed to excel at stand - off missile combat. I suppose you're right about K'luth ships though, since when they uncloak to alpha, they're within 250gu disruptor range..

Email Light-of-Aurora
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-22 11:16   
In practice, Interdictors get involved in close combat all the time. Also, 400-800 gu is not really standoff, but medium range, considering the range of missiles and torpedoes.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-22 12:20   
i'd also like for the engines to get a Severe Overhaul on dessies, in beta i noticed you cant change out the engines for AME, PFE, or AFE which is utter Bullcrap, and you cant even change out the Tachyon drive for an AMJ!? thats just crap man, and you guys trying to justify that ICC is a Missle Faction thats crap, i love torpedos, dont get me wrong, but i am not a planet hugger and i do NOT appreciate missles on my ships when i want to jump out and fight!

Email GothThug {C?}
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-03-22 12:57   
i think alot of ships need to be re worked but hey but thats my opinon

Email Borgie
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-22 16:07   
i say torps and missles should be optional on certain ships not on others, maybe turnspeed and max excelration could be a factor, that would limit them to cruisers and lower leaving out dreads and such. Also ship desiggnation could be a factor, anything with assult or combat inthe name could change out torps and missles, anything with comand, missles, sensor etc could not.

Just a thought

Email HaVoX
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-22 16:09   
Quote:

On 2006-03-22 12:20, Fatal EmoGothThug {C?} wrote:
i'd also like for the engines to get a Severe Overhaul on dessies, in beta i noticed you cant change out the engines for AME, PFE, or AFE which is utter Bullcrap, and you cant even change out the Tachyon drive for an AMJ!?

thats why its beta.

Quote:

thats just crap man, and you guys trying to justify that ICC is a Missle Faction thats crap, i love torpedos, dont get me wrong, but i am not a planet hugger and i do NOT appreciate missles on my ships when i want to jump out and fight!

it is. ugto = fighters, icc = missiles, kluth = torpedoes

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-22 16:09   
Quote:

On 2006-03-22 12:20, Fatal EmoGothThug {C?} wrote:
i'd also like for the engines to get a Severe Overhaul on dessies, in beta i noticed you cant change out the engines for AME, PFE, or AFE which is utter Bullcrap, and you cant even change out the Tachyon drive for an AMJ!?

thats why its beta. and why would you WANT to use AFE's in the first place?

Quote:

thats just crap man, and you guys trying to justify that ICC is a Missle Faction thats crap, i love torpedos, dont get me wrong, but i am not a planet hugger and i do NOT appreciate missles on my ships when i want to jump out and fight!

it is. ugto = fighters, icc = missiles, kluth = torpedoes

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2006-03-22 16:10 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-22 16:17   
Then its time for a change then Doran UGTO=Fighters ICC=Torpedos Kluth=Cloak/Hit and Run The Kluth no longer use Torpedos for they use PSI Missles and other missles

Email GothThug {C?}
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-03-22 21:04   
I think the best idea that I've seen yet is to have all ships with the words "Combat" or "Assault" in their names able to make the switch (or else have this switch unnecessary) - along with the K'Luth counterparts.

But absolutely positively do NOT leave it as "Missiles = missiles & Torps = torps" across the entire spectrum - at least, not if the ship layouts are staying the way they are (which they shouldn't by a longshot... bring back the 480-482 layouts is my vote)...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-22 22:50   
Amen coeus well said and thank you ^_^

Email GothThug {C?}
Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-03-22 22:56   
My only concern is the Intedictors really. They are support ships, not combat ships. They should have some minor combat ability, more than that of supplys but well less than true combat vessels. It is in that concept that the Interdictor should be more of a missle ship. Although I would concede maybe an exception in the matter of piercers.

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-03-23 07:22   
You know i think missles should just be replacable with torps on any ship.in the current MV my interceptor frig has had the missles replaced with p torps becuase i have no use for missles,they just lag up the server.in beta i try to dp the same and it won't let me. all it does is let me switch to ar missles.they are better but not what i want to have on my frig

Email Walrus of Apathy
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-23 14:19   
The last time we had missiles replaceable with torps, we had the Missile Dreadnought converted to the Torpedo Dreadnought.

Not the design. Not the intention. No. No.

Personally, the simplest concept with modding, and the best is restricting. Torpedos with torpedos, missiles with missles, etc. etc. The only way that works however, if ships layouts are better modified.

That is, missile ships not having torpedos, and vice versa.

And laser boats not having cannons.

And having combinations, like cannons and torpedos, or missiles and lasers, or three of a kind, like cannons, torpedos and lasers. Along with the other types of weapons.

But how it should be is, having ships designed for one purpose, and ships designed with a little generality.

For example, the Torpedo Cruiser should have a good 80% of its weaponry, you guessed it, Torpedos.

But ships like the Battle Dreadnought, Would have cannons as a majority of its armament (like, 60%), but dividing the rest among Lasers for defence and Torpedos for heavy fire.

And so on.

So alot of layouts would need to be tweaked, and new ships brought in for that matter.

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020016 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR