Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Beta Development question
 Author Beta Development question
Malorn
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-23 15:24   
Ok, I've worked through the forums a couple times, and I couldn't find a topic that addresses this, though there really should be one somewhere. But on to the question.

The beta server was taken down for a couple days, with the given reason being "to update the server with beta changes". I love this, this makes me happy inside. What confuses me is, what's been changed? I am sure there are many new things that need testing and playing with, but I cannot for the life of me find anything new.

Can anyone post a list of the changes? Or, has anyone posted a list of the changes? If I've just missed the topic then feel free to hit me with the idiot stick and send me there. But if there is no such topic, could someone consider making one?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-03-23 19:42   
we only ride Teal or Faustus for an "update" update every so often. we prefer them working on the game codes when they are on, then responding to the messages. I agree with you it can be frustrating, but chances are, if they told you EXACTLY what they are implementing, you still wouldn't "feel" the difference or notice anything particularly different.

That said, if they implement code that has to do with something specifically impacts us, such as ship configs, or new armor values, they will notify us what it is so we can test it. If they post no description, it is something that you don't need to be bothered by, besides playing to help stress the server and test the lag. I would guess that it was probably server codes to help w/ the lag that were implemented. Just the same, always update, and check the Latest News. If they want to tell us anything, I believe it's usually there.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Malorn
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-03-23 21:18   
See, that works perfectly, thanks for the answer. If if just a code fix that didn't affect anything visable, then that explains why I didn't notice any changes, doesn't it.

Page created in 0.007857 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR