Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » RE-Sync lag
 Author RE-Sync lag
Uberhund
Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-01 20:23   
I'm sure this has been beaten to death already, but I can't find the corpse. . .

Even in the beta when the system 're-syncs', players get reset back to an earlier location, but ammunition and damage sustained remain the same. I have lost more ships than I can count because I bearly escape a situation with 1 hull point left, then the system resyncs me back into the middle of the melee and POOF, you can put a fork in me.

Is there a way to reset damage/ammunition to the levels at the same timestamp as the location I'm being reset to?

= = =

I don't know if the missle lag issue is being addressed in this beta (yet), but it is still bad. (Try to attack the TAF cluster and see what I mean.)

Goto the website of Uberhund
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-01 23:56   
Known as 'De-sync"

Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-04-02 09:58   
Quote:

On 2006-04-01 20:23, UberHunde wrote:
I don't know if the missle lag issue is being addressed in this beta (yet), but it is still bad. (Try to attack the TAF cluster and see what I mean.)

The lag will be addressed but I believe Faustus is currently focusing on getting the new resource system working properly first.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-02 22:01   
when you de-sync, the server still keeps track of everything, whilst not.

To you, you're dodging the planet after a bombing run, then you avoid the planet. To the server, it see's you as going through it. After you re-sync, the server acknowledges your movement, but still says "You where in the planet", so you get put back, and blow up.

Same with battles.

You're flying around Earth, retreat. But the server thinks you're still there, taking damage. When it re-syncs you, you still have the damage.

There's not much way to fix this, it's the same with 100% of servers in every game world wide.

In CS, you shoot, you hide. Server see's you as just shooting, and then you pop back out and die when you re-sync.

It's just internet gaming 101 really.

Best you can do is to remove the amount of de-sync possible, which is what F is always trying to do when he gets time to do it.

- Jack

Page created in 0.017445 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR