Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Run-away, Run-away!
 Author Run-away, Run-away!
Uberhund
Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-01 20:31   
Is there a way to add the abiltiy to designate a location (planet, empty space, gate, etc.) as the retreat to spot?

I.E. When I'm getting hammered, I'd like to be able to hit a button to orbit/jump to a pre-selected spot. Trying to use F2 to locate a freindly spot to orbit during a hot battle is suicide, but only slightly worse than using the 'SHIFT J' emergency blind jump (A.K.A. 'The Crater Maker'.

Goto the website of Uberhund
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-01 23:31   
i think this should not be included. It is already easy enough to run away from a fight. I do not think escape should be made easier.

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-02 10:04   
The retreat point wouldn't make a 'valid' jump [ei. one that won't kill you ] at all times. E-jump isn't that hard to use.. :/

Email Light-of-Aurora
Uberhund
Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-02 11:08   
A Retreat point would not make it easier to escape, it would just let you know the general direction you will be going. Assuming it still does the 'line up to jump' delay, it would give attackers a last good chance to get you before you jump. All it would add to the e-jump idea is to jump towards neutral/friendly areas and not into enemy controlled space.

Goto the website of Uberhund
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2006-04-02 15:46   
are we talking here or "navigation bookmarks" ?

ability to store xy favorite places for easy lock&go (navigation points cycling, selecting, path define etc?

if yes , then that's on wishlist for years ... so sign me as supporter

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-04 06:57   
Well, back in 1.480, you could issue a Move order to yourself to any point in space... that was very handy.

Email Bobamelius
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-04-04 10:30   
I think it would be possible to set a bookmarking system where you can use the ctrl+alt+num key to assign a bookmark to the selected location/target, and the alt+num key to select the bookmark for use. This would allow up to 10 bm's per player and should be a simple enough system to use.
Obviously, if you tried to bookmark a target in battle and it went out of radar range, the BM you assigned would become invalid.

Goto the website of Drafell
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-14 12:41   
I like the idea.

As for running away, come on, the idea is to damage and kill as many enemy as you can. no fleet or faction, especialy if there was a way to make a fleet/player accountable for its resources would just stand in there and slug it to the death in ships as expensive as these are/would be.

and it would be nice if capped ships took away from your resorces lost restoring the pres in the proper format you lose it. and to take it a step further if you could mine resorces and sell them for 0 credits if you chose to repay resorces lost gain some of your lost pres back that way, never of course being able to go over lost to gain point. (meaning you cant gain pres you havnt already lost)

and even if there is no pres return, I'd mine, or gather resources from destroyed ships just to have the option to donate it to a starport and drop the resources lost portion of my profile

Email HaVoX
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-18 20:29   
I would actually like to see being able to "draw(see:pen or pencil)" on the starmap, and show it to everybody (not in real time of course, that would be just too many cycles).

that would allow for more tactical maunevering and maybe a place for something so grandoise as a "command ship"

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-04-25 20:48   
i can imagine it now people drawing foot ball plays all over there nav map and not knowing how to get rid of them that would be a laugh help i can see my sceen turned all red since i decided to scrible all over it to see what happens

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Page created in 0.020648 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR