Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » 1/2 days out of a week. Is it possible?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author 1/2 days out of a week. Is it possible?
Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-04-11 09:24   
Just today I was checking profìle status with the person next to me in rankings. At the present moment I'm 553th, so I've compared my situation to mister 552th.

I have never met him in the MV, we basiccly have the same amount of jumps hours played, prestige etc etc.

One thing differ greatly: he's got 12100 points in planet damage, and I barely pass 650. Now what have been happening in the past time made me think of this proposal: find a way to make sure that you can only use MIRVS just for a total amount of 1 or 2 day out of 7 days (1 week) to make sure none of the faction suffer enormous loss in terms of built planets.

During the rest of the other days, Mirvs will be automatically disactivated.

The rest of the time anybody would be allowed to neut, or mirv in admiral, if getting prestige points is what they need.

This has been a common problem to all three factions lately, a solution must be found.

[ This Message was edited by: musiqsoulman on 2006-04-11 09:25 ]

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-04-11 11:28   
Sounds good but why not get rid of mirvs altogether...

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-11 11:46   
*Note*

Check forums for last 12 topics.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-04-11 13:20   
getting rid of them totally?

Hmm it is a possibility. Or at least let them be less effective.

with a bunch of mirvs I can totally wipe out a fully built planet with full defences.

Altough destroying has always been more easy to build, that ain't right.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-11 14:34   
Hey, not everyone with 10k+ bombing stats mirvs. Stop making that assumption. Now, get off the damn mirving subject, it's getting old ( and yes, I've blown up about it before).

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2006-04-11 14:35   
I remember it taking 1-2 stations, 1-2 dreads plus 1-2 supplies for kluth to nuke a planet way back and was perfect. Planet defense is getting a boost and mirv damage reduced from what I understand and as long as ugto cannot fit 4 mirv's onto their dread, they will no longer be able to solo bomb kluth cause defense will be too strong for them to follow em in=) If they can fit 4 mirv's, with a well built planet, the defense should be able to stop all mirv's.

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-04-11 14:39   
*bomber dread*

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-04-11 19:04   
As far as bombing... Bombing will not totally go away... realize that and you will not feel so much stress...

Bombing will be more like the days of old where a planet with shields you had to have a scanner to find either a) the shield generator or b) the power generators to be able to even get past the shields....

From what I understand the Beta version of bombing will be closer to the way it was... those that are "Bomb Whores", as seems to be the term of the era, will go away as they will have a difficult time bombing...

You may be grinding your teath right now but when the day comes that bombing is made hard once again you can laugh as the loose ship after ship. They will be forced to do other things like build or supply or even... ::gasp: .....fight......

Everyone has taken sides on the whole mirv bombing issue... Either they do not mirv, they do mirv or say they don't and really do mirv.....

Remember this... Every Dog Has Their Day....

Rocko

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-11 19:16   
Mirv's Mirv's there our friends if they cant kill us no one can.
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Special K
1st Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-04-11 20:33   
LOL
An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.

Email Special K
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-04-12 09:28   
With some tweaking of the defenses and ship loadouts ( and also the quantity per slot) the last version was ok. It allowed every side to use a team effort with the ECM and infantry needed. Now ships are detected at a certain point from a rock regardless of ecm. There is no way to cover a tranny drop, even though trannies are weaker and defenses are brutal (except the ICC lasers, but those torps are nasty for sure).

The other side of it was that the trannies could also come blazing in with a cloud, nail it, drop inf on the way out, and the defenses would barely scratch his hull. And kluth could do it while cloaked.

I think the best balance would be the strengths we have in the defenses now, without the auto detect. And then limit ECM and all other EW (Electronic Warfare) systems to the ships that are truly designed for EW. We have ships designed to fill that role, then give those gadgets to EVERY ship and it makes the EW ships worthless. Take the ECM, ECCM etc., off of Dreads and ships that are not designed for EW.

The real issue behind it all IMO is this: Can we strike a balance between the team effort and the ability to be a lone wolf? Can we make the game conform to that? Is it possible? If we make the ability to be a lone wolf really good, we really set the team effort up to just a simple game of numbers. If we make it trully team based, the the lone wolf will be howlin' because he is getting his teeth kicked in.

Maybe in the long run, that is the real debate? Just a thought.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2006-04-13 00:14   
MV SHOULD be a team/Fleet zone.....mirving is male bovine fecal matter at this time.I'd sub a year for 480 back.And you can list all the "sre going to get"s all you want....AINT hsppeing if there's NO Faustus to do it.Which seems to be the case.....for a LONG while.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-04-13 09:53   
Another thing I thought about is that a possible solution would be to lock planet damage points to construction points.

Meaning that for example in order to bomb you'd need to have at least tthe double in construction points.

For instance, if you have 6000 construction points, you can bomb till you get to 3000 points.

If you have 3000 construction points, you can bomb till you get to 1500.

sounds good to me.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-13 10:17   
or how bout just spreading the prestige out...like say for someone with 50K bombing Prestige just spread it evenly around the profile. give 10K to combat, support, building, planets capped, ships capped etc

Email GothThug {C?}
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-13 16:49   
This issue already has been adressed, several times.... Its not going to change any time soon. Its really up to the admins to decide what they will do. Nothing we say is really going to change that.
The next patch fixes this problem, more or less. Just wait for it...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029133 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR