Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Better construction prestige?
 Author Better construction prestige?
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-04-19 16:46   
We should be able to upgrade the buildings to the next level(from fusion to quantum to variance) thus preventing the prestige you lose by scrapping... thus making building better for people, since it will make more prestige.
Nobody this version likes building because 1- it takes too long 2- bombing and supply get more prestige

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-19 18:23   
Quote:

On 2006-04-19 16:46, Likkarn/Divine (VA) wrote:
We should be able to upgrade the buildings to the next level(from fusion to quantum to variance) thus preventing the prestige you lose by scrapping... thus making building better for people, since it will make more prestige.
Nobody this version likes building because 1- it takes too long 2- bombing and supply get more prestige

I like building this version but I agree with your ideas.

[ This Message was edited by: Smartin on 2006-04-19 18:24 ]

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-19 20:02   
buildings fine. the time it takes to get prestige from it is fine.

the problem is that bombing produces prestige too quickly, therefor making everything else seem slow. building is just how it's meant to be. slow. like everything else.

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-20 01:37   
Personally I dont understand why bombing nets you more pres vs building when building planets take so long to do. Also, having the ability to upgrade vs scrapping and rebuilding a better structure just makes sense. Thats kinda like saying if I want to upgrade my radio in my car I have to scrap the whole car and buy a new one.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-20 02:07   
i dont think it needs much changing now. In 1.483 yes, but try nuking a planet in 1.484. Not as easy. So I dont think we need to dabble much with that. But i think we should boost press gain for damaging ships with a higher hull size than you. For example if a cruiser kills a station its a lot bigger of an accomplishment than a station killing a station. In 1.484 its almost impossible to kill a larger ship.

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-20 10:40   
Quote:

On 2006-04-20 02:07, doda wrote:
i dont think it needs much changing now. In 1.483 yes, but try nuking a planet in 1.484. Not as easy. So I dont think we need to dabble much with that. But i think we should boost press gain for damaging ships with a higher hull size than you. For example if a cruiser kills a station its a lot bigger of an accomplishment than a station killing a station. In 1.484 its almost impossible to kill a larger ship.

Bad idea, a cruiser isnt going to kill a station on its own before it leaves of its own will or kills the cruiser. It would take multiple ships and no one would be happy if they spent all thier time taking out a station just to have a scout come in and get the kill and the additional points.

Email HaVoX
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-20 16:22   
well that problem could be fixed by giving the prestige to the ship that does the most damage, not the ship that does the last hit.

Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-04-21 08:35   
Starting to sidetrack...

Anyways, I agree with the points "Likkarn/Divine" made. Being able to upgrade buildings instead of scrapping them and rebuilding would not only save prestige but might also reduce some lag as I notice some lag when I start scrapping lots of structures (such as research labs).

I think this has little to no relation to bombing. It's about how construction can be improved, not because how it affects/is affected by bombing.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Page created in 0.014578 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR