No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Scrapping
 Author Scrapping
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-04-21 13:25   
Noticed there is a small problem with the scrapping of planets that are nuetroned by other players. Here is a small suggestion I thought of for a bit. Only engineering class ships are allowed to scrap planets, and when they do scrap. The scrap is worth the same prestige in lost as it is gained, and the only way to scrap the structure is to be withing 250gu or be in orbit of that planet.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-21 14:19   
No.

Why? Because scrapping is known as a tactical move, and also causes the person doing it to loose prestige.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-21 17:33   
Well im ok with scrapping i guess. But if you scrap just be prepared in the proper mindset that all your planets might be scapped back. Because if you do something, you have to be able to accept the same thing done back to you.

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-22 13:27   
Hate to say it, but Scorched Earth tactics are far older than lame DS players...

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-04-23 02:23   
Quote:

On 2006-04-21 14:19, Crimson {Fear} wrote:
No.

Why? Because scrapping is known as a tactical move, and also causes the person doing it to loose prestige.

Yes, ok...but lately it's just been abused so much to the point neuting to get a planet earns you no reward at all. Might as well mirv since then you get more pres.

I propose this change. If you are not in a build device equipped ship (ie Engy, Dread), then you are penalised twice the normal pres loss for scrapping structures. That way, people will think twice before scrapping almost the entire planet in side instance.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-24 19:01   
Engineers scrapping makes sense to me. Cuts down the lame tactics too.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-24 22:19   
Quote:

On 2006-04-23 02:23, Nimitz *S2* wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-04-21 14:19, Crimson {Fear} wrote:
No.

Yes, ok...but lately it's just been abused so much to the point neuting to get a planet earns you no reward at all. Might as well mirv since then you get more pres.

I propose this change. If you are not in a build device equipped ship (ie Engy, Dread), then you are penalised twice the normal pres loss for scrapping structures. That way, people will think twice before scrapping almost the entire planet in side instance.

This was abused mainly in .482, and has seen a DRASTIC cut back this version, now it's mainly about cutting off it's resources by turning buildings off..As of now, scrapping mainly keeps to Shields,Factories,starports, or barracks, and then turning off the rest of the important buildings..

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-25 07:07   
Although Crim is right I agree with Jack's idea. If not in a engee ship of some sort then you loose twice the prestige for scrapping.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-04-25 09:05   
Quote:

On 2006-04-24 22:19, Crimson {Fear} wrote:
This was abused mainly in .482, and has seen a DRASTIC cut back this version, now it's mainly about cutting off it's resources by turning buildings off..As of now, scrapping mainly keeps to Shields,Factories,starports, or barracks, and then turning off the rest of the important buildings..

I wonder where you see that, I often see all power gens being scrapped off rather than turned off. Once I saw the entire lot of basic services structures scrapped off leaving only defs behind.

Let me know when it turns into abuse rather than strategic. And if that is strategic, I might as well run out the mirvs and start using them.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Page created in 0.019414 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR