No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » World's biggest bomb
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author World's biggest bomb
Katrina Willis
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-24 19:07   
Quote:

On 2006-04-24 01:26, Ramius wrote:
Oh wait YES WE DO.

Suckahs.

Interesting.. That aircraft is designed specifically to shoot down SRBM's and TBM (Theater Ballistic Missiles) and ICBM's (aka the Scud and other such missiles) in thier mid-course boost phase... before they reached thier zenith...

The Patriot Missile System was originally designed as a AA system but with software changes with the Radar, Guidance and Detonation cuircut they were able to down Scud missiles during the First Gulf War. The Scud is an older design (single warhead) whereas it does not release the warhead but either explodes on impact or detonates in a airburst...

They never actually direct hit the Missiles... that is too hard to do based on its re-entry speed but they made the Patriot able to get close enough to do a fragmentation blast zone causing the actual rocket booster to detonate taking the whole missile with it without the warhead (if nuclear) going critical.

Once a ICBM has reached its zenith and has released its warheads (and decoys) they are only minutes away from re-entry... Once a Mirv warhead heads back into the atmosphere it is going too fast to be shot down by any weapon currently operational. You have to destroy the missile body before it releases its MIRV's or kenetic kill the MIRVs prior to re-entry. After that it's game over....

Don't ask how I know this...

Kat

[ This Message was edited by: Katrina Stiener-Davion on 2006-04-25 00:53 ]

Special K
1st Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-04-24 20:37   
Too late...how do u know this?

An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep.

Email Special K
Katrina Willis
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-25 00:43   
I had to do a paper on "The National Missile Defence System and How It Effects National Policy."

I researched many places and spoke with many people, some in person and some on the phone, to get this information. Much is public knowledge that can be retrieved on the Internet but the key points that made this paper had to be asked of the right people as to thier personal and professional standpoint on the systems...

I looked into past, present and future systems for the NATO systems and the Non-NATO (ie. Soviet) sytems... I was surprised that the Russian system was not only designed as a ABM system but as a AA system as well..

They had Nuclear AA missiles designed to shoot into groups of attacking aircraft. I forget the name of the system right now and I am too tired to go looking for the paper I wrote but we also had a simular system called Nike.

Look it up... You can find a ton of older Declassified info on the systems no longer in use on Wikipedia....

Kat

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-04-25 02:29   
don't forget that the old USSR didn't only did tests to look how large a bomb can explode.
you know gas and oil are products of rotting vegitation and other bioorganisms that have been under pressure for like a milion years. (i can be of with the actual years.)
the actualy try'd to reproduce that process with nucliar explosions.

and not forget the endlessly researched to ways of reducing / getting rid of the radiation produced with the explosions.
( becous the had planns to use small nucliar explosions in mid air to create a form of blast shield above some of the major USSR cities. to block anny posible incomming N.ICBM. )
however the didn't care about EMP, becous at that time EMP would not effect mutch systems.

and talking about EMP those rusians. yes the actualy had that Goldeneye plan. of placing multiple tactical warheads in orbit to be EMP weapons.
however the project only had one test. and that wasn't even a nucliar explosion
and than the berlin wall fell. budget cuts.

blablabla i can talk for hours but let's leave it at here.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.009376 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR