Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Interdictor Idea (Overlap)
 Author Interdictor Idea (Overlap)
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-23 18:21   
Bear with me a moment in this idea for a massive update to Interdictor tactics (by massive overhaul, I mean lets actually make it possible to have more than one interdictor tactic...)

What if a friendly interdictor canceled out an enemy interdictor for wherever their ranges overlap, for example:

If an ICC & a UGTO had an interdictor that were 500gu apart, that 500gu in between them would be neutral, both parties could jump (k'luth however, could not unless they had their own dictor in the overlapping area) but the rest of the area outside the overlap & inside the normal dictor field enemy ships are still dictored and they could also have the effect of if you have two dictors & the enemy has one, not only is their dictor countered but the extra friendly dictor eliminates the enemies ability to jump in that overlapped field that would normally be neutral.

This idea would necessitate an overhaul to the dictor itself in order to limit potential abuse, that overhaul being that an interdictor itself, however, can't jump as long as its dictor is active (similar to K'Luth cloaking device & how it disables jump).

Thoughts?

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-23 20:10   
I say it goes to where it's a short burst, where for 40-60 seconds, any ship on either side cannot jump...either way, your idea is nice

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-23 20:25   
you mean something like this?

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-23 22:11   
How about an antidictor dictor? Just like a dictor but instead of being able to have it on continuously it has to charge and when activated only lasts idk say 10 seconds or so? But your idea is good. Be nice to have something to counter those pesky things.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-24 01:32   
well, why counter a dictor. What does it do? It makes it so you can actually, kill an enemy ship. Because normally dreads, cruisers, and stations jump out before you get a chance to kill them. So creating other ways to counter dictators is a bad idea.
Want to counter a dictator? Then kill it , its not like dictators can put up much of a fight.

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-24 06:43   
I like both ideas, but Crim's would probably be easier to implement.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-24 18:59   
I don't think this is possible using Madusa...

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-25 06:09   
On the short burst idea.. you could just have a burst a la the pulse shield with 1000gu range that causes all drives to recharge. It can only fire once every 2, 3, 5 whatever minutes.. and only affects drives that are already fully charged - ie, it doesn't reset in-progess charges.

A problem I can forsee, though, is people just unmounting their drives during battle and only sticking them in when needing to jump. Though an easy counter to that is to just not allow device removal; if we have automatic upgrade paths, why do you need to do so?

Email Shigernafy
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-25 07:26   
Jack: I didn't think it was realistically but had a small inkling of hope

Fattie: Thats exactly how I pictured it, but that neutral sector is only neut for ICC & UGTO, for it to be neut for K'Luth there would need to be a lobster dictor in the area.

Aye, Crim's idea is very nice and probably the only possible one...

An easy solution to the potential removing of drives is to return it to the way it was before, if you remove a device, it loses all charge and ammo.

Dodo, when have you ever seen a dictor flying alone & undefended?

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-04-26 04:02   
Quote:

On 2006-04-24 01:32, doda wrote:
well, why counter a dictor. What does it do? It makes it so you can actually, kill an enemy ship. Because normally dreads, cruisers, and stations jump out before you get a chance to kill them. So creating other ways to counter dictators is a bad idea.
Want to counter a dictator? Then kill it , its not like dictators can put up much of a fight.

... you try and kill the dictor your raped in the process i think dictors should be removed just for the fact that when a fraction has 10 on fighting 3 they bring out a dictor to keep those 3 ships from running, which in a sense kills the game

Email Borgie
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-26 12:17   
Quote:

On 2006-04-25 06:09, Shigernafy wrote:
On the short burst idea.. you could just have a burst a la the pulse shield with 1000gu range that causes all drives to recharge. It can only fire once every 2, 3, 5 whatever minutes.. and only affects drives that are already fully charged - ie, it doesn't reset in-progess charges.

A problem I can forsee, though, is people just unmounting their drives during battle and only sticking them in when needing to jump. Though an easy counter to that is to just not allow device removal; if we have automatic upgrade paths, why do you need to do so?

Similar to my idea (stealer!). Could just try forcing the drive to recharge when replaced. That'd stop abuse. Maybe forcing the interdictors drive to recharge aswell since it needs to draw power from the jump drive (just some lame excuse to make the interdictor more vunerable for having a strong weapon, but in 1.484, it'll have litraly no weapons so...).

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2006-04-26 12:19 ]

Page created in 0.016446 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR