No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Help Balance
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Help Balance
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-04-25 17:43   
For the past few months the game has been significantly out of balance, with faction sizes swinging wildly. Most of the time is has been UGTO that is largest, but ICC and kluth have had their moments as well.

I came up with an idea, based on something which happened naturally in-game the other day. There were about 12-15 UGTO online, which we can all be sure was more than the sum of kluth and ICC at the time, BUT the day was actually a great battle day. The reason is that half of our fleet was over in ICC space, and the other half was over near Cincin battling the kluth. With the fleet divided about evenly, the battles were pretty evenly matched as well (i remember there were about 5-6 of us UGTO battling about 3-5 ICC).

We should try to make this a new policy, where the big faction splits down the middle and goes off to fight on separate fronts. This works out for all, b/c none of my enemies would bother trying to fight a fleet of 13-15 ships, when there are only 2-5 of them online at all, and i cant blame them. i wouldnt fight that either. so, massive fleets just make the MV boring. On top of that, this keeps the option for some fun-fun combat gaming an option for all three factions at the same timem rather than those times when the ICC and kluth for example, are going at it and the UGTO is just piddling around, bored.

What do you guys think? anyone else on board with this idea?

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-25 18:33   
i agree with this and it also lets people like me and some others peace of mind knowing your keeping the enemy busy long enough for some of us to Retake some systems that have been Recently captured and they're gonna be to busy to care so yes

Email GothThug {C?}
Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-25 18:56   
and that would never happen cause you have some players that go for kluth cause there ships have weak armor.

01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-25 18:58   
you should fight who ya want half a fleet should be forced to fight a faction on a game they're playin

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-04-26 04:13   
its not so much the flighting the 10 on 2 or 3 its the fact that its the 10 with 2 stations 4 cruisers a few dreds and supplys and a few dictors.. wanna keep good combat going leave the dictors and beconds(for the luthies ) at home

Email Borgie
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-04-26 07:41   
people are scared of dictors i notice, but that is because there tactic is totally wrong.
When your dictored, forget EVERYTHING.
When your dictored, there is NOTHING but you, your allies and the dictor. If instead of running you just take a go for it, you can kill the dictor, gain pres, and escape to.

Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-04-26 08:19   
Quote:

On 2006-04-25 18:33, Twisted GothThug *T1* wrote:
i agree with this and it also lets people like me and some others peace of mind knowing your keeping the enemy busy long enough for some of us to Retake some systems that have been Recently captured and they're gonna be to busy to care so yes

Actually Goth...if we're doing this...you're coming along too so you can help out your CEC/UGTO buddies
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-04-26 08:30   
I think that all these talks are nice, but it's always full of people that care more about personal prestige rather than the common good of the game.

As usual you have people that for instance, don't get why they should stop mirving.

It took me 20 minutes, the other day to explain why, it's best not to mirv, to a commander.

I think that unbalanced factions are normal and normal fact in a simulation of war like this.

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-26 08:38   
seems to me that this could be regulated by fleet adms, just tell ur guys where they are suposed to fight. Thats part of being in a fleet after all.

Email HaVoX
Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-04-26 09:11   
Are you saying that ranks should weight more?

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-04-26 12:45   
true way to balance would be to have some of the ugto players go to icc or luth

Email Borgie
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-26 13:31   
Quote:

On 2006-04-26 09:11, musiqsoulman [recruiting] wrote:
Are you saying that ranks should weight more?

yea if your a fleet admin in your fleet you should have some control over what the fleet does correct? if they act stupid boot em, make a post and eventualy they wont have any fleets to join.

Email HaVoX
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-26 14:31   
This kind fo breaks into what I had wanted for a long time.. Faction Politics/leaders/etc..Something to give more control over each faction..

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-04-26 19:26   
That is a GREAT idea! Faction Leaders would be AWESOME! maybe something like a council of 3 Leaders from each faction.... They would have to be solid-faction members (not faction hoppers) and they could all come into a chat-room or something and discuss issues and how to better the game every week or so.... that would be sweet! Lets look into this further...

ForMichael

Posted: 2006-04-26 19:37   
I was ICC Leader for about a day and then I stepped down after almost no one was following my orders. If people won't follow my orders, no one can lead ever.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025170 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR