No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Construction (Newer buildings)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Construction (Newer buildings)
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-26 09:18   
for my suggestion heres what i suggest

we have for example power

Fusion Generator
Quantum Generator
Varience Generator

but what about a generator that has more power but has less space? hmm? like for instance a varience generator gives you 50 power -5 workers right? right so what bout for the ICC/UGTO we have an Atomic Generator which gives out 150 Power -10 workers 90 Tech 1200 Metals 9 minutes building time

Another example Domes

1 Power 10 pop

how bout Advanced Dome 3 Power 30 Pop 30 Tech 1000 Metals 10 minutes building time

okay for Food we have

Hydro Farms
Automated Hydro Farms
Biosphere Condensor

How bout Advanced Biosphere Condenser - 10 workers-10 Power 60 Tech 900 metals 2 minutes building time

and barracks

how bout Elite Heavy Barracks - 5 workers -10 power 30 Tech 1000 Metals 3 minutes building time

Okay we all know the UGTO and kluth dont have a counter for bombs so here it is

UGTO Alblative Planet Armor - 10 workers-50 Power 50 Tech 1200 Metals 10 minutes building Time
Kluth Organic Heavy Planet Armor - 10 workers -50 Power 50 Tech 1500 Metals 20 minutes building time
For ICC you have Reactive Shields but for the planet why not have this
ICC Planetary Active Shield -10 workers -60 Power 60 Tech 900 Metals 9 minutes building time

and now for the Defense/Figher bases these are gonna Deter the enemy definitly

Defense base I
Defense Base II
Defense Base III

Fighter Base I
Fighter Base II
Fighter Base III

Okay how bout the ultimate in carnage as you have 2 new additions for building right now it takes 6 minutes for Dbase 3's and Fighter base III's

ICC Defense Base 4: -30 Power -10 workers 110 Tech, Building Time 12 minutes: Shoots out 5 Missles Each base, Fires an intense Pulse beam at close range and shoots out PCM Missles and Railguns, and Pulse Waves incoming Bombs Every 5 Minutes, and launches Ion Cannon.
ICC Fighter Base 4: -30 Power -10 workers 110 Tech Building Time 12 Minutes: Launches up to 5 fighters

UGTO Defense Base 4: -30 Power -10 workers 110 Tech Building Time 12 Minutes: Shoots out 5 missles Each base, Fires Level 20 HCL at close range, shoots out Level 15 Antimatter Torpedos, and Launches a QST.

UGTO Fighter Base 4: -30 Power -10 Workers 110 Tech Building time 12 minutes: Launches up too 5 Fighters

Kluth Defense Base 4: -30 Power -10 workers 110 Tech, building time 12 minutes: Shoots out 5 missles each base, Fires level 20 DA's at close range, shoots out level 15 Fusion Torpedos, And Launches a Steller incinerator to finish the job

Kluth Advanced Larva Nest 4: -40 Power -20 workers, 110 Tech, Building time 15 Minutes, Launches up too 6 Larvae Hoard Fighters

Kluth Antimatter Generator: -5 Workers, 20 Tech, 1200 Metals 9 minutes Building time

Sure it may look complicated but hey it keeps us builders happy and occupied so dont say no just think on it it took me 3 days to think this up

[ This Message was edited by: Twisted GothThug *T1* on 2006-04-26 09:19 ]

Email GothThug {C?}
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-04-26 12:08   
kluth have fusion torps and UGTO AM torps?
wth?

btw, kluth def bases would be way to overpowered rofl
1 kluth lvl 4 def base would basicly kill anything that isnt the size of a station that comes in beam range, and i havent even talked about the core weapons wich are a killer to dreads or bigger because they cant dodge it from close (planets dont detonate there torps)

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-04-26 12:49   
I like all the ideas.. except giving kluth better defenses... you dont even have warning.. you jump in, beams hit u, next thing u know ur meeting elvis in heaven

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-26 16:18   
I don't really have a problem with anything here, jus a bit indifferent, apart from the level 4 bases. Firstly, the lag caused by missiles and fighters is bad enough already, secondly, if you had a cluster you would have the potential for a dozen or so core weapons firing at once. That just seems a bit excessive. Well, more than a bit.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-26 18:00   
The point of that is this...no one wants to be bothered spending more time building so they go right back to Dbase 3's except me of course when im on late at night and i want too make the kluth/ICC's lives a living nightmare i go for the best Defenses/Power Metals can produce

Email GothThug {C?}
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-26 19:37   
Buildings are fine as they are..

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-27 04:39   
uh no they're not! they take up too much room. for the Fusion Gens you need 1 slot to fill it and i only suggest 3 or 4 Dbase 4's however the UGTO/KLuth need something to counteract Mirvers uh hello! the ICC have a counter why cant the UGTO/Kluth? oh wait because we're too uber as it is whateva

Email GothThug {C?}
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-27 07:40   
Quote:

On 2006-04-26 19:37, Crimson {Fear} wrote:
Buildings are fine as they are..

Well said Crim. Leave it how it is.

These Level 4 def bases sound way to powerful. Lets just fix bombing, witch seems to have been done. Why make it impossible to to bomb? Bombing is part of the game if we couldn't bomb then the game would become very boaring very fast. I am very aware bombing is screwed up but instead of making planets that kill everything in one nano sec(15 torps?????) lets just fixing bombing. Plus ships are now more balanced so bombers wont be able to go it alone b/c fear of being jumped.

I really enjoying building a lot and defending planets i build but these "DeathStars" your suggesting is just way to "uber". There are people who enjoy bombing in this game dont take that away from them.

What all that gibberish up there is spouse to mean is building is fine just fix bombing.

*EDIT* After a few hours I came back and re-read this to make sure that I didn't somehow miss understand what GothThug is going for here and I noticed that the lvl4 shoot superweapons as well. That is just plain crazy...No one would ever bomb with those items on there. You would all haev to gather up and be like" alrigth everyone grab your dreads were going to rush this planet, If anyone by some crazy chance lives DROP! or else were goign to ahve to bring in the stations..."

[ This Message was edited by: Smartin on 2006-04-27 10:20 ]

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-27 11:49   
again, if they wanna bomb GO IN ADMIRAL for gods sakes!

Email GothThug {C?}
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-27 16:53   
Umm try bombing in the 1.484. And to make it harder bomb and cap a shielded planet with over 15 def bases, WITHOUT deactivating anything on the planet before bombing it. Once youve done that come back and tell us how to make stronger def bases.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-04-27 17:55   
Did it, and defenses are fine where they are..

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-27 19:38   
Your right every can have these planets in MV and thats that. If you want to bomb go to admiral!!! Whats the point of MV then?

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-04-29 12:57   
The buildings are fine as they are now with the exception of sensor bases which are not really worth it for their output vs space required. What I mean by that is with a ground based sensor which can have as much power as it wants, it should be more powerful than a ship's ecm.

Also, Tael mentioned that solar gens were getting overhauled, I'd wait until that's done to see if we really need another gen.

I can't agree with the def bases at all...they're insane. Even if the core weaps were not being removed from 1.484, how on earth would you expect players to bomb those planets with QSTs firing everywhere...you'd need a massive fleet just to land a few bombs. Not to mention the lag...as soon as they start firing, I guarantee you the server will go kaput.

I don't think you've thought properly about the def bases. Do it while you're not thinking about all the bombers coming for you everytime you're in the MV.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-05-21 22:05   
i kinda like the idea, but you need to get rid of the lvl 4 def bases but everything else sounds good.(how would you like it to jump to a planet and then have it shoot 4-5 QST/Ion cannons

Email Walrus of Apathy
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-05-23 04:15   
The way building planets is meant to be in truth, is that its meant to give a planet protection to last long enough, or even defeat, a small fleet.

No solo bombing. More than 5 people at least.

But! The way its meant to be designed is that planets defend *not* attack.

Pretty much, the whole goal is to make every planet capture take time AND be worth it, planetary defences are supposed to wear a fleet into submission by being hard as a rock, not totally oblitterating the competition by ungodly weapons.

-Ent

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.016679 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR