Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Missiles need to be improved
 Author Missiles need to be improved
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-04-28 10:01   
Right,

Missiles still suck.
why?
people dodge em like a bad artist dodge incomming veggies.

I suggest the following.

IT's are fine maybe a bit more power so they become the counter cruiser or bigger weapons.

the AR's need to be improved a lot, maybe less punch but certainly a lot more hit chance. dessie's should be having trouble like dreads have with IT's only the experieced pilots should be able to dodge em.

with this we have a solid counter against destroyers or smaller without having to rely on beams so heavily.

would like to see a similar assortment on the cannons but the missiles would be a great start

just my fast 2 cents here

- Axi

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-28 18:28   
Axi...

You do know that the missile dread currently owns everything in its sights 0.o?

It's damage rate is insane. Due to the IT missiles...

They need NERFING rather than buffing, really, really badly.

Go get out a missile dread and fire at another dread. $50 says, if you fly it properly, it'll out damage the enemy ship, even if you stand still.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-28 18:40   
lol, missles hit as much as torps, now thats just wrong.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-28 20:07   
That's where the problem lies...

Making it so that dreads can't hit scouts and such easily, but do decent damage on dreads, and make it so that small ships with them on can hit other small ships...

I was thinking perhaps that low level IT's and AR's would get an insane tracking bonus, and get a damage reduction, so it balances out. The Dread IT's would have much reduced tracking, and a lot more damage, but not what it is now, they're way too powerfull on the missile dread.

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-04-29 00:16   
Quote:

On 2006-04-28 20:07, BackSlash (Shield hacker) wrote:
That's where the problem lies...

Making it so that dreads can't hit scouts and such easily, but do decent damage on dreads, and make it so that small ships with them on can hit other small ships...

I was thinking perhaps that low level IT's and AR's would get an insane tracking bonus, and get a damage reduction, so it balances out. The Dread IT's would have much reduced tracking, and a lot more damage, but not what it is now, they're way too powerfull on the missile dread.

now that's a good idea... hopefully something like that in the works for the future..

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-04-30 12:36   
Im not talking about the damage rate, IT's are vastly better in damage rate than previous version I am however talking about hit ratio.

right now IT's cant hit anything well below Cruiser and a cruiser pilot can dodge em after playing with a cruiser for some time.

however lower than cruiser it get extremely hard to hit anything with ANY kind of missile.

AR's included.

i want the hot ratio improved on at least the AR's or any other similar missiles so that those can be used as effective small ship coutner measures.

IT's are fine on the hit ratio since they carry a bigger payload they should not hit a dessie or lower easy or the pilot must be a monkey that got the badge thru mail.

i've been shooting in my MD a couple of times at dessie or lower and after expanding every last rocket i didnt hit squat.

IT's
These are for cruisers or bigger and the cruiser should have not a serious hard time to dodge em although you need to practise, dreads can dodge em if pilot knows what he is doing and stations well they got so much fat a few IT's will only tickle em.

AR's
Scout should have no problem to dodge these although in great numbers you can swamp a target so some will hit *right now 0.0 will hit cuz they cant turn fast enough*
Frigates These should have similar difficulties dodging em as a cruiser has with IT's
and a dessie will have the grade a dread has against IT's.

now this does 2 things.
1. Dreads, cruisers, stations CAN mount weapons that give us a good chance on killing them fast nimble ships that always stay out of beam range.
the panalty would be that we wont be hitting full force anymore on a capital ship.
2. perhaps stop this Dessie space gameplay and make ppl use more variety.

again match the damage for theyr intended target, IT's should vaporize a scout in a few hits but you should have a VERY HARD time hitting one.
AR's should give dessie or lower ship pilots the sweats but a capital ship pilot would laught when used against him.

- Axi

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-04-30 20:30   
well you dont get damaged with missles much, but think of it the other way, you dont get damaged much when your far away. The point of missles are to hit the enemy at a distance, meaning if your fighting upclose to an enemy with missles, your obviously using the wrong ship. So I dont think missles should need boosting. If you want to kill a little scout, just kill it with a combat ship, missles are meant to kill large ships that cant dodge.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-05-01 05:16   
but thats my point, scouts keep at long range so a long range ship needs to be countered by effecive long range weapons.

even the fastest projectile weapon the gauss cannon almost never hits.

and missiles well it gives the combat ship another edge get em close and fast *and they are fast* and the missile ships got a problem

- Axi

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-05-01 20:01   
Shouldn't things like the Proton Cruiser Missile and the Shock Missiles have that much power than they do now?

[ This Message was edited by: Destructor on 2006-05-01 20:04 ]

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2006-05-03 04:09   
Quote:

On 2006-05-01 05:16, Axianda wrote:
but thats my point, scouts keep at long range so a long range ship needs to be countered by effecive long range weapons.

even the fastest projectile weapon the gauss cannon almost never hits.

and missiles well it gives the combat ship another edge get em close and fast *and they are fast* and the missile ships got a problem

HEar hear!

come on Dev's! listen to axi wise words!

Maskerade
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-05-03 10:34   
Given that in this game speed and accuracy are synonymous, just ramp up the speed of the weapons slightly, I don't think damage needs to be touched. If damage is changed there is a whole host of issues that would have to be looked at, as stations currently can take a few (many) hits from ITs - should damage be increased per missile, a stations ability to defend/take damage would be drastically reduced.

I understand the arguement and agree - but I think this is one case were more power might not be the best route.

Page created in 0.032790 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR