Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » intercepter AI
 Author intercepter AI
Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-04-28 12:53   
i had an idea about the intercepter fighters. theese things are useles against ships, so insted of having them attack the ship have them attack all the fighters that the ship owns, example: ugto's carier dread launching fighters at long range to kill other ships, you target him and launch your intercepter fighters and they procede to hunt down and kill his fighters.
now here come the fun part if 2 ships have intercepters one ship launches to stop misiles and fighters the other launches fighters to stop the others fighters, the others then defend eachother and you now have an all out fighter war this way.planets allso launch intercepters to stop fighter bombing. for balace sake the intercepters cant kill fleats of fighters for they miss there targets from time to time. at this point we have anti ship flighters, anti fighter fighters, and bombers.

im not sure how this will strain the server but its worth a try.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-04-28 18:26   
If you had indeed read the other posts or asked anyone else, you would know that fighter ai was in the works for 1.483, but as problems showed, certain things took a back seat, and this was one of them.

Interceptors where meant to work as a fighter PD system, but the AI code didn't make it into release, but the items did instead.

I would expect this to make its way into DS somewhere between 1.484 and 1.485, since a lot of work is already going into 1.484.

Page created in 0.010562 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR