Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » how about a little respect?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author how about a little respect?
thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-11 00:22   
Well i guesss i'll join the large ranks of whinners in this game and post up mine. Some of us (and the number gets smaller everyday) actually pay to play this game. How about showing us a little compassion or respect by not flooding the mv with icc corvettes? I've just gave up on the mv after fighting wave after wave of icc sensor scouts followed by suicede icc corvette bombers. I mean you really don't have a chance of killing them before they ram their bombs and the corvette into a planet and you can fire all day at sensor scout and if your lucky you might drop it to 50% shield so that it will run away. Where is the fun in that? Why would you expect to find people to play with you if all you bring is a ship that gets them next to nothing for killing and has a good chance of killing them?Come on people, if your unsubbed or a noob or just a selfish player that wants to get pres while risking nothing. Then take it to admiral and keep it there.

[ This Message was edited by: thundercat{recruiting} on 2006-05-11 00:23 ]

Email thundercat984
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-11 00:33   
i agree, by the way im lookin forward to the next version where if you fly a scout its PWNAGE time baby!

Email GothThug {C?}
Nimitz
Fleet Admiral
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-05-11 03:13   
Quote:

On 2006-05-11 00:33, Twisted GothThug *S1*{C?} wrote:
i agree, by the way im lookin forward to the next version where if you fly a scout its PWNAGE time baby!

Right...and this is why beacon on scouts only will not work out and Kluth will then be the overwhelming faction.
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-05-11 03:21   
not true ugto pilots will have to have to use there brains when fighting luth instend of now just close jumping and becon.. although im gonna love picking off battle dred pilots who can't fly a dred worth a damn!

Email Borgie
Nimitz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-11 03:51   
Quote:

On 2006-05-11 03:21, Rogue Borgie wrote:
not true ugto pilots will have to have to use there brains when fighting luth instend of now just close jumping and becon.. although im gonna love picking off battle dred pilots who can't fly a dred worth a damn!

Well...lemme know how a scout in 1.484 will be able to survive against anything larger than a frig?

Also, what are the "smart" UGTO pilots going to do against a cloaked Kluth ship? It's not as if brain power will make the ship magically appear...
\"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.\" -- Rich Cook

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-05-11 03:53   
true but theres way of finding a cloaked ship

Email Borgie
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-11 06:02   
Quote:

On 2006-05-11 03:53, Rogue Borgie wrote:
true but theres way of finding a cloaked ship

and every time they find out a way K'luth screams its overpowered, and that nothing would be able to detect a cloaked ship..... and then that gets fixed and then ICC/UGTO whine about THAT, so Faustus do something about it, then K'luth gets sad and need to cry about THAT etc etc etc etc etc...... see where i'm getting at?

as long as all u do is thinking of YOURSELF rather then the over all balance of the game, this game will never ever be even remotly closed to balanced.

Sixkiller
Marshal

Posted: 2006-05-11 06:11   
i think that when kluth arent detectable when cloacked, ugto will learn to fly in formations like Kluth do, making experienced pilots that know what there AND the enemy's weak points are more usefull in a BD then a noob that can only smash space. And this version, im not so sure if the difference is there/big enough

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-11 06:58   
gratulations to jar jar binks for being one of the first to discover the main theme of this game

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-05-11 07:01   
The only way K'luth will be detectable by cloak is taking back the cloak from the last version. Which some of you don't know is when a K'luth gets in sensor range of a planet or player with ECCM when cloaked. The ship's signature will rise, and the ship will be detected unless has ECM on board with a dap of cloak to back it up.

[ This Message was edited by: Destructor(Recruiter) on 2006-05-11 07:02 ]

Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-11 07:33   
wow, amazing how the topic changed from people mass-using corvettes to the oh-so-popular beacons ad luth....grow up people

Sixkiller
Marshal

Posted: 2006-05-11 08:29   
Durlan pwns you all:P

Nimitz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-11 09:20   
Quote:

On 2006-05-11 07:33, Durlan Katz wrote:
wow, amazing how the topic changed from people mass-using corvettes to the oh-so-popular beacons ad luth....grow up people

So we are not allowed to discuss anything Kluth related is it? It must always be UGTO or ICC??

Maybe you should READ the thread properly next time before posting non-contributing posts. Same applies to you Six. I don't get these "owned" posts at all...are they meant to add something to the discussion?

What does beacons have to do with scouts? Everything since they are the only vessels to carry them next version, therefore if there are any potential loopholes in this system (not saying there are any), it should be documented so the devs know about it. Hiding it will just turn 1.484 into ANOTHER 1.483.

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-11 10:10   
@Nimitz Unfortunately sometimes I think loop holes arent that important for Faustus (see Mirv splash damage )

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-11 13:35   
Oh nimitz, my dear little friend....you definately have problems with reading and understanding.

original post:
Quote:
...... How about showing us a little compassion or respect by not flooding the mv with icc corvettes? I've just gave up on the mv after fighting wave after wave of icc sensor scouts followed by suicede icc corvette bombers........

random replies:
Quote:
Right...and this is why beacon on scouts only will not work out and Kluth will then be the overwhelming faction.

Quote:

and every time they find out a way K'luth screams its overpowered, and that nothing would be able to detect a cloaked ship

now original post has nothing to with either cloak, luth, bugs, cheese or random players pants, but let's take all those into this topic aswell.

topic WAS about mass using of scouts, period. it isn't anymore that's why i wrote:

Quote:

so, about reading thread before posting? once again, thread has gone from a) corvettes being used en masse to b) corvettes not being powerful in 484 to c) luth will uberpwnyourroxorsoxorsomgwtfpwnwith cloak

so yes, i read the thread well enough before posting.

ps: don't like flaws in games/tired of waiting for patches, find another game, that's what i did. (or you can moan about it in forums)

have a nice day

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.045433 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR