No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » ATTENTION: New Players.
 Author ATTENTION: New Players.
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-15 15:50   
Welcome to Dark Space. As a new player here you are encouraged to read both the MANUAL And The Rules of Conduct . However as many players often do you most like will not read the manual until late one night when you are bored, and not read the Rules of Conduct (RoC) until myself or another of the staff have nailed your newbie butt due to some infraction of it.

So I'm posting this short "How to" and "What NOT to do" just to get you started. It's shorter than the Manual and RoC, and as you have seen points you to them anyway.......so read them please.

1. You should Validate your E mail address. Look HERE or HERE for instruction on how to Validate your email address.

2. I, and many of the players here I am sure, would advise that you play in the Metaverse : Ursa Minor (Beginner Area) server and or the Scenario server until such time as you have gained experience to survive in the Metaverse (MV). This is NOT however a requirement.....just good sense IMO. People in Newbie are learning just as you are, and many in scenario will help you with your questions much more readily than in the MV as it is usually not quite as busy. People in the Metaverse WILL help you of course but often times they are in the midst of battle, or otherwise occupied and not always given to a Q&A session with "The new guy".

Again most questions can be asked and answered in the Manual. Also the Players in the lobby will often help you.

3. We do of course have a FAQ But I will try to hit the high spots here.

How much Prestige do you need for the next Rank? OR Whats the next Badge requirement? Answer

• What is the best way to gain prestige?

Often the best way to gain prestige at the lower ranks is to Capture (Cap) planets(For Midshipman) and Build them(for Ensigns and above). This is easier in the scenario server, as the map resets every few hours. Supply, Combat, and Bombing are also good ways to gain prestige, but it would probably be best to wait until you get the hang of the basics of flying.

• How do you Capture planets?
      Answer

• How do you build planets?
      Answer

• How do You gain Credits?
      Answer

• How do you Upgrade your ship?
      Answer

Note that I have linked you to the Manual, The Rules of Conduct, and Our FAQ. We would prefer that you read them at this time, if not however PLEASE do at some point. Our Staff here took great effort (especially and most recently Doran) to assemble, maintain, and update these three documents. Granted they are Long.......and I suppose one could argue Boring, but getting to know and understand them will make your experience here at DarkSpace much easier and most likely more enjoyable.

Thank You and I hope you enjoy playing DarkSpace and being a member of this community as much as I do.
[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2010-05-20 12:01 ]

Page created in 0.011172 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR