No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +15.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » A letter from a member of the ICC High Command..
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author A letter from a member of the ICC High Command..
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-22 00:09   
A Recent letter to the ICC Press from Admiral James 'Crimson' Watts...

There have been recent talks of replacing the Assault Cruiser with the Heavy Cruiser, as the Confederate Navy's frontline ship. In recent test, the Assault Cruiser has been lackluster at best, showing faulty designs in it's Engines, Firing Arcs, Shields, and Generators. Due to this, the mass production of Assault Cruisers have been cut down by Seventy Five percent. Allowing for a One Hundred and Fifty percent increase in Heavy Cruiser Production. The Heavy Cruiser, in the same test as the Assault Cruiser, proved to be a much reliable ship in combat. The Engines do have faults, causing a slower turn, but faster acceleration.

I myself, believe that the Heavy Cruiser is a much more stable ship, having flown it in the recent assault on the UGTO systems of Alpha Centauri A, and Struve A. In battle, the Heavy Cruiser seemed to have the advantage over the UGTOs frontline ship, the Torpedo Cruiser. In recent talks with many of the pilots coming out of the Academy, they have praised the Heavy Cruiser for it's abilities. There are also those who sit strongly on the side of the Assault Cruiser, such as Admiral Coeus Darksoul.

We will be holding meetings on the matter of the Assault Cruiser and Heavy Cruiser, and will later release information to the press.

- Admiral James 'Crimson' Watts - ICC High Command

[ This Message was edited by: Crimson {Fear?} on 2006-05-22 10:14 ]

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-05-22 02:47   
Psst, It's "Confederate Navy" not "ICC Navy"

Silly K'Luth defectors

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-22 05:47   
For all it's faults, the Assault Cruiser does have a cooler name

Never shall we lower ourselves to using 'Heavy' junk over the splendor and glory of the Assault!
Begone foul 'Crimson' demon! Back to the hole that spawned thee!

Coming, of course, from an uggie 0.o

!Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-22 09:24   
so why dont we just rename the Heavy Cruiser to Heavy Assault Cruiser?

and rename the Assault Cruiser to Coeus Cruiser? j/k brother Co hehe.

Goto the website of !Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-22 10:12   
Quote:

On 2006-05-22 02:47, Banshee wrote:
Psst, It's "Confederate Navy" not "ICC Navy"

Silly K'Luth defectors

Shuttaaap...

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-05-22 11:01   
However, since Admiral Crimson leaving the Raven Navy to side with the UGTO for a brief period of time, he has been kicked off anything even resembling the Confederate High Command. So there.

Anyways, we are not at liberty to divulge ICC plans for ship design to the public. Don't listen Crimson. -.-

Although, I WILL say that the Assault Cruiser is falling behind in terms of technology and power compared to the new, upgraded UGTO and K'luth ships. We're looking at upgrades to outfitting of this Cruiser, to be implemented some undefined time in the future.

That is all.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-05-22 11:21   
Quote:

On 2006-05-22 11:01, Polaris {Starfury} wrote:
We're looking at upgrades to outfitting of this Cruiser, to be implemented some undefined time in the future.

Two Weeks™?

[ This Message was edited by: Lacrosseian on 2006-05-22 11:22 ]

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-05-22 11:41   
I thought Missile cruiser was ICC frontline ship... I see alot more of them than Heavy and assault cruisers.. MC has good manouverability but crappy arcs.. but put together properly u can dodge alot and return fire from 360 degrees of comfort..
lovely

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-05-22 14:02   
either way icc ships are better dead

Email Borgie
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-22 14:18   
Quote:

On 2006-05-22 11:01, Polaris {Starfury} wrote:
However, since Admiral Crimson leaving the Raven Navy to side with the UGTO for a brief period of time, he has been kicked off anything even resembling the Confederate High Command. So there.

Anyways, we are not at liberty to divulge ICC plans for ship design to the public. Don't listen Crimson. -.-

Although, I WILL say that the Assault Cruiser is falling behind in terms of technology and power compared to the new, upgraded UGTO and K'luth ships. We're looking at upgrades to outfitting of this Cruiser, to be implemented some undefined time in the future.

That is all.

In reply to Admiral Polaris..

Im afraid to say, I am the most experienced and active of the Raven, even though Im not in it, and one of the most experienced active pilots for our Confederate navy...I dont realy think that someone who hasnt stepped foot ingame for a long period of time has the right to determin who and who isnt part of the ICC High Command, and Grand Admiral Banshee didnt seem to have any objections. I did leave for UGTO, but for a rather breif period of time..Call it a Diplomatic Mission of sorts..Although, Im sure we'll have further discussions on the current High Command, and what not..

[ This Message was edited by: Crimson {Fear?} on 2006-05-22 14:27 ]

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-22 14:26   
Quote:

On 2006-05-22 11:41, Airwolf^LS wrote:
I thought Missile cruiser was ICC frontline ship... I see alot more of them than Heavy and assault cruisers.. MC has good manouverability but crappy arcs.. but put together properly u can dodge alot and return fire from 360 degrees of comfort..
lovely

Ahh, Yes..The Missle Cruiser, a somewhat failed attempt to match the UGTO's.. It moves somewhat decent, but doesnt have the turn power to match the Heavy Cruiser or Assault Cruiser. It's arcs are not ment for close range combat, giving it a far greater disadvantage. Put together properly, you shouldnt need to dodge, you would be able to sit safely out of range from close combat, sending long range support..The reason you may see more Missle Cruisers, is that many pilots assume that since it can hold so many torpedoes, that it dishes more fire power. Yes, you can do a deal of damage, if you can get every arc to fire at once.

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-22 15:47   
crim what puts u in high command ?

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-22 15:54   
Quote:

On 2006-05-22 15:47, Smokey{Recruiting} wrote:
crim what puts u in high command ?

The alternative.

Lonectzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-22 16:17   
Quote:
Im afraid to say, I am the most experienced and active of the Raven, even though Im not in it, and one of the most experienced active pilots for our Confederate navy

Some of you really need to go down a few hat sizes. You're lucky I'm at work and can't play during peak, because you're not 'all that'. I've fought you, other Raven pilots and ICC, and you are far from one of the best. Not to say you're a newbie of course, but there are some insanely effective and quality pilots out there who aren't given to self-promotion.

[ This Message was edited by: Lonectzn on 2006-05-22 16:18 ]

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-22 16:20   
Quote:

On 2006-05-22 16:17, Lonectzn wrote:
Quote:
Im afraid to say, I am the most experienced and active of the Raven, even though Im not in it, and one of the most experienced active pilots for our Confederate navy

Some of you really need to go down a few hat sizes. You're lucky I'm at work and can't play during peak, because you're not 'all that'. I've fought you, other Raven pilots and ICC, and you are far from one of the best. Not to say you're a newbie of course, but there are some insanely effective and quality pilots out there who aren't given to self-promotion.

Note the word Active.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.199432 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR