Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » {News Report} UGTO 5/26/06
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author {News Report} UGTO 5/26/06
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-05-25 11:31   
Top News
------------------

Home System Mayhem! Recently, the UGTO suffered a major blow as their home system was brutally raided by ICC terrorists. The destruction and loss of life was great. Citizens of the UGTO, whose morale was already tattered and beaten in the face of ICC occupation forces in Van Maanen, Lalande and Ross 148, fell to a critical low. The UGTO Command, stationed primarily in the Maurbon cluster of Barnard's Star system, released this statement: "We admit we were caught with our pants down. Home system defense was light due to a shortage of ship supplies, which used to be manufactured in outter systems, and was transported through the systems now held by the ICC. Rest assured, this will not go unpunished. This was not only an attack, but an insult to the UGTO Command."

As soon as this statement was released, several Engineering fleets were dispatched, with the much needed supply shipments in cargo, to pass through the ICC-held systems and rebuild in Sol. The quick restoration of Sol's infrastructure calmed the citizens, but did little to raise their morale. Quoting a representative from Mars, "Our cities are rebuilt, but what is to stop them from coming back? What is the UGTO Command's plan for the future?" The UGTO Command has yet to release any statement regarding new Home system defense policies.

However, a response to the attack was carefully, and quickly organized. UGTO Command determined this was no job for the standard attack fleet, but a job for them to handle personally. With such a great distance between the front lines and the ICC home system, an "eye for an eye" strategy was employed. UGTO Command gathered six, that's right, six massive space station to attack at the heart of our enemy. Refitted with bombers, a Command Station and several Support Stations wormholed over to CD+36*15693, taking along a couple of heavily armed Battle Stations to counter any ICC opposition. Much of the ICC's Home system was decimated, including several shipyards. All opposition that arose was quickly laid to waste at the hands of these heroic few! One of the officers to be a part of this retaliation was Fleet Admiral Kanman. He released this statement: "I was more than happy to be there. I was assigned to the Sol rebuilding efforts, and I saw the devastation, the suffering of innocent people. I helped bury children by the dozens. I just hope the ICC High Command gets the message and keeps their goons out of Sol, because if they don't, I would be glad to do it all again!"

In Other News
------------------

ICC citizens are screaming on all subspace carrier waves about how the UGTO never have any original ideas, claiming even this News Report is a copy-cat version of a News Report of the ICC. Of course, we all know that it is us that came up with the idea first. The ICC just aired their copy-cat report first due to a delay in the broadcast when the Sol Communications Network on Mercury, Ganymede and Earth were destroyed in the attack.

Public Service Announcement
------------------

It seems that the ICC has discovered our cheese smuggling operation, and have begun to lace the cheeses with mild poisons, which cause space sickness, confusion and in some cases accidental self-destruction of our ships. In one case, Fleet Admiral Rogue Borgie self-destructed his Support Station on a dare from a fellow officer. Fleet Admiral Rogue Borgie has been cloned on Jago, in the Maurbon cluster, yet again and has filed reports on the incident to UGTO Command. Fleet Admiral Rogue Borgie was severely punished, and nearly demoted to Admiral for his irresponsible actions, and a full investigation has been launched to determine how many other UGTO Officers have been eating cheese on the job.

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman *FM* on 2006-05-25 23:37 ]

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-05-25 11:33   
NOOOO! But, the cheese!? Why is the cheese gone!

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-25 11:38   
well thats the best news i've heard in a long time kanman (1 week) oh and on another note my post is officially 666. i am truely evil now mwahhahahahhahhaha oh and +1

Email GothThug {C?}
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-25 11:46   
Not bad..

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-25 12:04   
In addition to this, I'll be posting another ICC news report friday..

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-05-25 12:06   
And I will try to keep up with more UGTO News Reports early to Mid-week (monday to wednesday sometime)

RonZo *FC*
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-05-25 17:53   
this was truly awesome KAn, gratz!
I have screenies of Cd massive station attack!
Ltz

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-25 22:10   
In other news The kluth high command is plotting a vengence strike against the humans homeworld, Reports speculate that the return of GothThug who was recently reprimanded by the high chancellor is plotting a vengence strike deep in kluth space. GothThug was not around for comment but his representative cobra had this to say "GothThug is a good man, he has a deep hatred for the kluth and he will take action against a known most wanted felon" With that said cobra hopped into his ICC speeder bike for the forrest moon of Exathra and climbed into what was to be known as a bomber destroyer heading for kluth space...his intentions are unclear as a strikeforce is heading too Tripwik too overthrow the kluths queen commander.

In other news: The Notorius bomber Named Destructor is wanted for questioning in recent events that lead to the downfall of Ross 148. Destructor known for attrocities such as Launching nuclear warheads at the planet Ross 2 is wanted dead or alive by UGTO high command. Witnesses report him using a bomber dread to decimate the capital of Ross 2 killing billions and quenching resources. This Guy is heavily armed and extremely dangerous as he flys a bomber dread, an assault dreadnaught with weapons of mass destruction namely the Ion cannon which can drop anything smaller than a scout with a single shot.

Weather: on earth Tulsa, Oklahoma sunny skies temps 87 Degrees with barametric pressure failing over night nighttime temps 60 degrees
in florida Mild temps holding at 75 Degrees

On Exathra. Exathra City Cloudy with temps falling into the upper 40's with north northwest winds at 50 mph as a cold front is coming through dropping temps in the mid 30's

on sag hothha Temps will climb in the mid too upper 90's with south southwest winds at 30 mph with a 50% chance of Thundershowers late in the evening temps at night hovering around 70 degrees

Thats the news for now stay tuned to GothThug radio coming back tomorrow evening

Breaking News: a High speed chance in lalande has cost 2 command dreadnaughts to collide with a speeding scout! MORE AT 11!

Email GothThug {C?}
Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-05-25 22:37   
Er, no. If your going to use the UGTO High Council, call it what it is. Also, me and Kan have tried to keep it to actual ingame things. We've added a joke story here and there..Keep the spirit and dont post anything untill you've seen whats gone on for yourself..

[ This Message was edited by: Crimson {Fear?} on 2006-05-25 22:43 ]

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-05-25 23:18   
yeah. 2 things. 1: get your own forum for news! 2) you have to base it on REAL events in the actual Metaverse. This is taking game events and making them seem more realistic, with fine details and bureaucracy that would happen in real life....

Leave it to the professionals...

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-26 00:19   
aww i thought i did a good job kan

Email GothThug {C?}
rangar
Cadet

Posted: 2006-05-26 05:29   
lol@goth

also In recent news Sir rangar has almost completed his goal of 10,000 bombing points, and was quoted as saying, "i'v helped out some K'luth engineers, and being the kind person i am, i think i'll go help icc engineers as well"

*hides from all the skilled reporters*

Goth, Your my oneway ticket to GA

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-26 07:52   
Quote:

On 2006-05-25 22:37, Crimson {Fear?} wrote:
Er, no. If your going to use the UGTO High Council, call it what it is. Also, me and Kan have tried to keep it to actual ingame things. We've added a joke story here and there..Keep the spirit and dont post anything untill you've seen whats gone on for yourself..

[ This Message was edited by: Crimson {Fear?} on 2006-05-25 22:43 ]

Thank You!...and one more thing can I be the Kluth's High Command Concil? I could be a leader to at least a bakers dozen.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-05-26 09:15   
Actually the news about me planning to nuke Sirius as ICC is very very true.(Yes you kluthie bastages im a UGTO Special Forces agent callsign Boogeyman AND IM COMING TO GET YA*)
*asterik denotes anything Cobra has said while not in a proper state of mind.

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-05-26 11:04   
lol
Borgie did SD and i was the fool who said you wouldn't
P.S he got a kill cause of it though
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.036691 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR