Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » One Week...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author One Week...
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-04 00:51   
Duo won't leave.

He can't!

He still loves me <3.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-04 00:57   
All I have to say is three days ago Lark Me and a few others were in Proc playing tag with a bunch of K'Luth. We would shoot eachother, get damaged, jump away, heal up and jump back - this went on for about 20-30 minutes and was fun when finally, we got the one up on Maskerade's ... mandy I want to say? He took it hard in the aft arc and all over really, and when he got down near about 10 hull, lark and the rest of us called cease fire - he was beaconed & couldn't cloak, and his jumpdrive was offline from an Ion Cannon shot up the tailpipe.

Mask flew out of there under his own sublight thrust, uncloaked, and un-attacked.

Its not dead, its just buried under a ton of BS, accusations counter accusations and the overwhelming desire to win that we all have here.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-04 02:31   
i think perhaps one problem is that the DS community used to know eachother very well... i used to be able to name off every UGTO and Kluth pilot in the game, even though i was usually fighting a total of 40 on each side... nowadays i barely recognize the people coming in... youre less inclined to be nice to people you dont know.

we need to get to know eachother more... sorta strange i know, but i think its what would solve everything. friendships are dying because no one knows eachother enough

Duo, i dont think leaving will really help anything. take a break, but dont just give up on it.

and i think everyones to blame for the general sense of degredation in the community... the glitches and lag are wearing people down a lot, which gets everyone high stress... doesnt help a lot.

be nice to eachother, please.

YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-04 08:15   
Even maybe a year ago, the community was excellent, here: tightnit and supportive. I would really love to see that return.

I try, as much as possible to be nice to the other side, we are, after all, all people. I will have lapses every now and then and I do feel ashamed afterwards. In the end, I just want to have fun.

I currently have an idea for a community even, I'm just waiting for an email back.

Reaper, I really hope you decide to stay, you have the right idea about what DS should be about. It just needs a few people to lead by example.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-04 15:20   
with that said, I apologize for complaining alot, i know im a hot head when it comes to this game but then again who isnt? i mean come on just because you get a kill or do doesnt mean yer hot stuff i mean its just a kill it means nothing ships damage is what counts and to be quite honest i think Reaper/Duo is as humble as an ICC can get. Now a days its "who can i pwn the most or whos planet can i damage the most and get them pissed off" nah man, back in 1.480 during my time here it wasnt like that it was a Race too bomb the planet so we can cap a death star i miss that and i miss workin with 4 bombers and 4 supplys tryin to break through a 175% shield. I miss The Friendships i made here I miss just talkin on F chat and BSin around with that said i wish crim and coeus would get their heads out of thier asses and realise im not just a UGTO pilot im a friend and you always choose friendship over a damn game. because thats just what this is A GAME! Sure i Whine alot But who doesnt? i just make mine more vocal and heard the rest of them are too afraid to voice out their opinions and make themselves heard. But thats just me. Oh and 1 more thing, Enough of the ganging up on each other, enough of the vindictiveness enough of the Vendettas, and enough with the bounties, as of now Im Calling off the bounties on all ICC players because this is just getting Rediculous (SP).

Email GothThug {C?}
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-16 10:33   
1 month 12 days later, hmm, i have to say, the community is really starting to bloom again, with the patch, everyone is hugging on to each other hoping its gonna be released -.-

As said in a previous post of mine a week and a half ago, alot of people have been getting ranks the right way, building/suppy/combat.

This Thread is a beacon of hope for me as reaper and i have reconsiled our differences and are now talking again hehe

seeing alot of old school players come back brings warm feelings to my heart

Email GothThug {C?}
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-07-16 19:27   
-Reaper-
welcome to not just my world, but to the world of manny DS players.

ill keep it at that. becous just repeating what already said is wastless.

-Spyros Kat-
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-17 01:55   
The Darkspace community has really gone down far. I personally realize alot of tension with this patch, nobody likes the gameplay, and everyone complaining about it and disliking the environment makes us all a bit sour in general I think. Some parts of this current patch even cause us to depend on teamwork, where in the past almost everything was a team effort. Especially the "Gratz" thing, that really hits me. I loved it when the screen would be flooded from all factions with "Gratz!" when a player was promoted. Simple things like that are what make us a family. When I used to see that, I really felt proud to be a part of Darkspace. If we all showed signs of respect to eachother more often, things would get better.

[ This Message was edited by: -Steve Kat- }~Recruiting~{ on 2006-07-17 02:01 ]

My soul is adrift in notions of madness.

Email -Spyros Kat-   Goto the website of -Spyros Kat-
Poopshackles
Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-17 05:24   
I'm agree with shig on this topic practice what you preach. Goth you have said some very nice things and I’m impressed, but then again things like
"http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=39154&forum=1" or I have had ENOUGH! Send mixed messages. I have had a lot of fun on darkspace and there will be misunderstandings and arguments. I personally am glad this topic has been raised, not just for the new players but also for some of the younger players on darkspace (such as myself). Have some fun and chill out stuff happens and it's a game, a very good game but a game non the less. Now I must returne to my horrendous use of the English language.

p.s I hope nothing negative comes from this thread.

p.s.s We all know there’s no competition on darkspace (cause I'm the best )

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016871 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR