No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +15.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » {News Report} I.C.C. {6-3-06}
 Author {News Report} I.C.C. {6-3-06}
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-04 00:52   
Saturday June 3rd, 2294. Sol system, UGTO Cluster.

Today in a daring, and coordinated strike a well armed Confed. Navy Attack Force launched a 5 pronged attack at the very heart of the UGTO War Machine. After hours of intense closed meetings, the most experienced combat veterans of the Confederate Navy gathered at a rally point just outside of Neptune's orbit path around Sol, having snuck in via jumping through the blackness of space and painstaking hops through neighboring star systems.

When the strike force was in position, four key bomber groups all split off into their own seperate positions. We go now to a previously recorded segment that occured on the bridge of the C.S.S. Longbow - a Command Carrier under the command of Admiral Coeus Darksoul.

"Admiral, Admiral Watts report in position. The Cobra is standing by ready to launch, and admiral Lark is at launch speed 30,000 gus outside of Venus orbit."

"Very good Captain, and our status?"

"The Longbow is up to speed, all Neutron racks are armed and ready for release, all pilots are in their fighters and awaiting launch orders. Fleet is on standby, ready for the order.

"Excellent, contact admirals Watts and Lark, confirm go order."

"Affirmative. I have Admiral Watts on the line."

"Crim, hows she look over there?"

"Waiting on you, my guys got itchy trigger fingers."

"I hear ya, lets get this show on the road. Relay the order, carrier groups start your attack run. Bomber groups on hot standby."

*** FEED TERMINATED - CLASSIFIED INFORMATION ***

With that go order, the Command Carrier under Admiral Watts and the C.S.S. Cobra proceeded to launch their fighters in staggered carrier formation. A small bomber corvette brought itself up to speed for its bombing run that was to coincide with the Cobra's attack run on Mars. Admiral Darksoul's Longbow and Admiral Lark's Big Birtha - which is a Bomber Dreadnaught class ship, equipped with Neutron Bomb racks - both were up to speed to release a larger cloud of bombs than possible with differentiated velocities.

Within minutes, the Carrier group had released all of its fighters, and the Bomber Group anxiously waited until the fighter bomber groups were in range of their target planets. When the fighter bombers began their runs on the planets, the Longbow and the Big Birtha both made their moves, jumping close in to their target planets - Mercury and Venus respectively - and started their own attack runs, intent on devoiding their targets of all sentient life.

Across the solar system, Admiral Watts was single handedly eliminating all resistance from Pluto and Charon simultaniously, giving the Confederate Fleet a fallback point should opposition arive.

Within minutes, four of the give planets initially targeted were under ICC control, and the fleet wasn't done yet. With the first signs of resistance beginning to show themselves, Admiral Darksoul made quick work to setup a makeshift repair station on Mercury. With both the Longbow and the Big Birtha rearmed and repaired, they jumped into positions on opposite sides of the sun to prepare for the crown jewel of the attack. With Admiral Darksoul's sights set on Earth, and Admiral Lark's sights on Luna, it was only a matter of minutes before Mars was the only planet in the inner solar system that was not entirely under ICC Control.

Shortly after Mars was subsiquently captured, Admiral Darksoul made this statement at the flag dedication ceremony on the ruins of the city of Philadelphia.

"War is a bloody affair. Many lives were lost today, but the blood we spill today will aid us in saving billions of lives in the future as all of the oppressed working class of the Trade Organization's finally taste that sweet sweet nectre that is freedom. And it is with great pride and symbolism that I bring these words to you that once, five hundred years ago, was the birthplace of another revolution that was hell bent on obtaining freedom. Let us hope we learn from those brave men and women, and avoid any of their mistakes. Thank you."

Admiral Darksoul was quickly wisked away to his nearby personal shuttle, coincidentally named the Spirit of Philadelphia and returned to his Command Carrier as efforts to secure the outer solar system began to get underway.

At the time of this reporting, a sizeable UGTO Fleet has finally arrived in Sol and begun to take back the planets lost, but the I.C.C. Fleet seems to have disapated, forsaking their previous claims to want freedom for UGTO citizens in favor of sparing the lives that would certainly be lost if the two massive fleets were to decide to annihilate one another at the birthplace of humanity.

During all of this conflict that has occured throughout the day however, the mysterious K'Luth aliens have yet to show themselves and take advantage of this bold move on behalf of the I.C.C. that had left them short handed in their home systems while the siege of Sol was underway.

Please stay tuned for further updates on Sol under Siege, Part 23, as they become available to us. Thank you!

-Allied Jumpgate News Network affiliates, Sol System, UGTO Sector, Human Quadrant.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-04 01:07   
Didn't read it all, because I R lazy, but pretty good. But! I did not see anything about the gallant efforts of RevenG! This makes the story! I demand compensation!

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-04 01:10   
TGT News Daring Recap of Io

During the ICC occupation over sol a daring young Admiral by the name Scott "Twisted GothThug" Michael Tried too overturn the plot to steal Io in the name of SW and Reclaim it as VCA. Trying to Evade the massive Torpedo Turrets of the Admiral Crimsons Command Carrier and the Major Torpedo Strikes of Polaris's Combat Dread GothThug was left no choice but to abandon his Torpedo Cruiser which suffered alot of Damage due too the Enourmous Ganymede Defense Bases

Plan Failed He Abandoned ship and floated back to the UGTO dock too Get into his Battle Dread armed to the teeth. Sadly in a daring Raid of Mars, Admiral Bash got the upper hand and damaged the under side of the battle dread, with 2 Torp MD's Firing Mass amounts of AM Torpedos, The battle Dreads Hull was Critical and Destroyed by the Combat Dread Bash was commanding.

There you have it...Til next time iccies >:)

Email GothThug {C?}
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-06-04 01:36   
You had me beleieving it till this point.

Quote:

During the ICC occupation over sol a daring admiral

Joe dirt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-04 02:32   
lol

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2006-06-04 11:53   
*cough*keepdreaminggoth*cough*

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-06-04 14:36   
Quote:

"War is a bloody affair. Many lives were lost today, but the blood we spill today will aid us in saving billions of lives in the future as all of the oppressed working class of the Trade Organization's finally taste that sweet sweet nectre that is freedom

freedom? you completly killed them all when you nueterd the planets. what freedom did you give them?Freedom to go to heaven and live like kings?

Email Walrus of Apathy
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-04 15:02   
Population needed thinning. They wern't using protection, so they got neuted.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-04 17:11   
Hey, about 12 of them that were smart enough to hide in the shelters all survived on each planet... only Mars got beaten down repetedly... damn martians...

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-04 19:27   
TGT News: Recount of Admiral Polaris

"You could feel the tension, the anticipation in the air, when we all started gathering at the rally point just outside of Mars orbit. The first to enter Sol was Vice Admiral Cobra, arriving on the scene in a Carrier Cruiser. Though he was spotted coming in, he managed to escape. A bomber scout also came through with Cobra, escaping from the UGTO patrol likewise.

By this time, I had arrived in Sol, in my Combat Dreadnaught, Seireitei. Admiral Coeus arrived shortly after in his Command Carrier, incidentally named Cobra. Soon after the arrival of Coeus at the rally point, Admiral Lark in her Bomber Dreadnaught, Big Bertha, Smokey of EsF, Vice Admiral Sardaukar of Raven in his Missile Cruiser, RevenG of Raven, Lacrossian of Raven, and Crimson of S.W in a Command Carrier had arrived, as well as Cobra, now of Raven, and also Drakon Songsword, of EsF.

We struck swiftly. 4 seperate bomber squads were sent off, to attack the main planets. I oversaw the groups, with the main priority being Lark's group, ready to jump in and defend against UGTO attacks. None came, at least not in the first 10 minutes that we came into range of the UGTO planets. Venus, Mercury, both bombed and captured. Charon and Pluto devastated by Crim. However, Mars was only half baked by Cobra, losing all infantry but little of the population. Cobra's Marine garrison died en route to the surface of Mars, the DEF still being operational.

Soon it was decided we would strike Earth, but an urgent distress call from the Marines on Venus forced me to turn my ship about and head for Venus. On arrival there were two UGTO ships, a Battle Dreadnaught and a Heavy Supply Ship. I immediately engaged the Battle Dreadnaught. Though I was able to get the enemy ship down to 4% hull without sustaining any hull damage myself, the BD quickly turned around so that its Aft Armor, relatively undamaged, faced my ship, taking the brunt of the P Cannons and Torpedoes. It kept firing at me, and soon my armor was penetrated, and my hull started taking direct hits. I immediately turned around and jumped away, the BD soon jumping away after. By now the assault on Earth was in full swing, but even then a supply was kind enough to lend me assistance. After repairing a bit, at least to what I thought was combat acceptable, I headed to Earth. Earth had already been invaded, and the Marines reported victory on all fronts. However, Lark sent out an urgent call for Marines to land on Luna, which was putting up a bit of a fight. I headed there, but heavy defense fire from Earth, whose defenses were still more or less online, almost fatally wounded my ship. However, S.W Marines on Earth were able to silence the defense bases, and most likely saved my life. I quickly sent my garrison of infantry to Luna, where they promptly took control.

By now, Crimson and Coeus had subjugated many more planets, and now all of Sol, except for the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, were now under Confederate control. By now the UGTO had started to put up some resistance, and a few low-ranking UGTO were attacking the weakened Mars again and again, each time failing, but suceeding to do some damage. By now, our offensive was faltering. After fierce resistance at Ganymede, both Admiral Lark and Vice Admiral Sardaukar were personally injured, and had to be evacuated from the field of battle. After Ganymede succumbed, Coeus, due to fatigue, retired from the battle. I took on the job of guarding Admiral Crimson, and we were able to swiftly destroy a stray Cruiser in the command of Admiral Goththug, along with the retargeted defenses on Ganymede. After that, we started taking the moons of Saturn, but Crimson's ship was destroyed in an attempt to bomb Rhea, due to technical screw-ups. He flew clear in an escape pod, however, and I picked him up, bringing him back to Earth, where he was transported back to ICC space, unconcious.

Coeus by now had returned, but the tide was turning, as more and more UGTO arrived from neighboring systems. Our task force had not gained in strength, only declined. Coeus, after a failed bombing attempt on Mars, was also injured, and left the field of battle. I went to Earth, and exchanged Seireitei for a newly commissioned bomber destroyer, which I outfitted with Neutrons. I was able to bomb Mars clean of infantry, but heavy UGTO interference forced me to retreat. I was suffering from fatigue and a few bruises from enemy torpedo hits rocking the ship to and fro, and the ICC military command on Exathra ordered me home. It was a good fight, but in the end, there were simply too many of them to hold back.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Admirals Crimson, Coeus, Polaris, including Fleet Admiral Lark, Vice Admirals Sardaukar and Cobra, and Captain Drakon Songsword had awards bestowed on them for bravery and daring in combat, plus a shiny new medal to pin on their uniforms, for the now famous "Invasion/Battle of Sol." All who took part in this invasion also recieved awards and honors for their participation in combat.

[ This Message was edited by: Polaris {Starfury} on 2006-06-04 20:15 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-04 20:19   
Correction to news feed. Admiral Coeus was flying the Command Carrier C.S.S. Longbow, and later, for a short period of time, fielded command of the Heavy Cruiser C.S.S. Charger, his long time flag ship.

Page created in 0.024789 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR