No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +10.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » {News Report} UGTO (6-6-06)
 Author {News Report} UGTO (6-6-06)
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-06-06 22:33   
In Recent Events
-----------------------------

The ICC's brutal and oppressive hold on the UGTO territory has finally been broken! In the Sol system, Earth has been rocking with an enormous party in celebration of the UGTO resurgence. But nowhere has been partying for as long and as hard as the under-sea Dome-City of New Orleans! It seems Marti Gras has started a few months early this year and even after 5 days, shows no sign of stopping! In the words of one of the party-goers: "Party! Woooooh! We sent the ICC packin' like the punks they are, and now it's time to get hammered! Wooooooh!". The partying has been marred by few crashers, but in one unconfirmed report, a bonfire in the center of a large group of partiers was primarily formed by stacks of dead ICC troops. UGTO Command has yet to address this alleged travesty, saying, "They can as of yet neither confirm, nor deny, this took place." In and off-the-record statement, though, Fleet Admiral Kanman, of the V'ladmir Confederacy Armada, said that any investigation into this matter would be purely a formality, and doubts anyone will be charged with any crime.

Oppessing the Oppressors?
------------------------------

Shortly after the UGTO fleet was able to get back on its feet, it gained momentum quickly and organized into a powerful force. Despite a strong ICC counter-force at every step of the way, the UGTO fleet was able to press all the way to the ICC Home System. In several instances, the ICC put up a vast and long-drawn out resistance, but in the end the UGTO fleet was victorious, and our skilled pilots were able to drive them off. The UGTO fleet withstood massive attacks, taking few losses, while the ICC tallied their losses in ships by the dozens.

Upon entering the ICC Home System, the UGTO fleet was able to quickly and forcefully establish a functional bombing force, capturing planets at an astonishing rate, while a professionally executed combat force was able to destroy any resistance from the ICC Defense fleet. Fortunely, the honorable UGTO Command mandated that all the bombers use Neutron Bombs, and capture the planets as they are. This decision was upheld, even after significant opposition from the populations of the Sol system, whom remember no such courtesy from the ICC, when they invaded Sol. Much of the UGTO fleet agreed strongly with the people over the UGTO Command, but Admiral Veronw, also of the V'ladmir Confederacy Armada, stated, "It is important that we maintain a cool head through all this. Our compassion is what separates us from the ICC, and to lose sight of that is to become what we are seeking to destroy. The problem with 'Eye for an Eye' tactics is that sooner or later everyone ends up blind." Wise words, and ones we should all take to heart.

In the spirit of this statement, the UGTO Command ordered our troops to withdraw from the ICC Home System, after just one day of UGTO occupation. It is hoped that the ICC citizens will realize our compassion for freedom, and in that way gain additional supporters among their people, bringing a diplomatic end to the war closer to becoming a reality.

Empty Orphanages
------------------------------------

During the occupation of the ICC, both troops and officers reported an odd feature of the ICC worlds. There were few children playing on the streets. At first this went ignored, as they were assumed to be inside, away from the troops. But then, abandoned schools and orphanages were discovered. This same oddity was found on all ICC Home System worlds, on all continents. There were even fewer children in the communities surrounding ICC military bases and facilities. The few children that were seen were under extremely close guard by their parents. When questioned about it, most ICC civilians pretended not to understand what we were talking about, while others refused to comment all together.

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman *FM* on 2006-06-06 22:59 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-06 23:01   
you forgot to mention my desperate act of bravery against the Combat Dread Piloted by a monster THE SPAGHETTI MONSTER! ahhhhh! *shiver* i still have nightmares about that Teehee!

Email GothThug {C?}
Joe dirt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-06 23:40   
being away you miss all the fun

Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-07 02:10   
No ya didn't borgie, its all just propaganda =P I mean hell... UGTO endorsing an actual party? Only thing uggies celebrate is a stock market boom

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-07 15:12   
-Exercept from the log of Admiral Polaris-

"....and we got hit bad. Real bad. After my escape from Sol, I was stationed at Tau Ceti for some shore leave. From the reports I've been getting, this much is clear. A team of UGTO bombers and transports quickly rallied after retaking Sol, and with the help of a station's Wormhole Device, decided to respond in kind; by bypassing the ICC Inner Systems and striking the heart of the ICC Command: CD*13. We've been getting small assaults from Ross 148: a small combat force has been dispatched, for most of our experienced pilots and better ships are undergoing healing/repair around ICC space. Though there are UGTO accounts of pushing steadily and efficiently from Ross 148, their control was shaky at best. Entire clusters were still under ICC control, though enough planet were captured by the UGTO for them to say that 'the system is under UGTO control', though they did defeat our small combat force at Ross 248. From accounts of the ICC defenders in CD*13 at the time, it seems that the UGTO were able to capture all of the systemwithout even letting any ICC ship transmit distress information to the surrounding systems, at least not until it was too late. However, as the information came in, we were immediately attacked by UGTO forces at Tau Ceti.

Confident and arrogant at first, the UGTO were soon forced to change their outlook as a few ships, including me, RevenG, and the mysterious Admiral known only as "The Flying Spaghetti Monster" were able to beat back attacks and bombing runs by the UGTO. Their initial bravado gone, the UGTO seemed to mysteriously disappear from the field of battle, at which point Lacrossian, RevenG, Maskerade, and TFSM entered CD*13 and started to liberate the planets there.

It was, for the most part, well executed. Lacrossian, under my orders, bombed planet after planet, as I did the same, either helping Lacrossian out, or hitting a planet far from where Lac was. Our first target was Exathra. Working quickly, ICC ships were able to capture it after I had cleared enemy infantry off of it. Minuete fell soon after. Exathra was now back in the rightful hands. The meager UGTO forces that remained soon crumbled under the firepower of Maskerade and TFSM. Only when we got to the Uaeleas cluster did we encounter fierce resistance, apparently from UGTO that stayed to back up what they said. These UGTO were experienced, in Dreadnaughts, and were more ready to 'do' than 'say'. Maskerade and TFSM both were injured at different times in the battle and had to be pulled out. Lacrossian, RevenG, and I, along with fresh ICC reinforcments, continued the fight, though with some minor insuboordination from RevenG....

Polaris: RevenG, drop on Wallengoad, and fast!
RevenG: Uhhh....I can't find it.
Polaris: ....you're kidding, right?
RevenG: Oh wait, here it is.
RevenG: ......
RevenG: No.
RevenG: Kit, just freaking no.
Polaris: Just do it goddangit, most defences should be offline from my last bombing!
RevenG: Someone will have to draw fire.
Polaris:*sigh.

Eventually, Lacrossian was injured on a bombing run, and unfortunately, seriously wounded, and had to be taken to an orbital hospital around Exathra, and I had to continue on my own, but eventually; we did it.

Today, I have started to rebuild the damaged planets of...." -end

And in an official statement, Admiral Polaris would like to remind UGTO that the reason the ICC was formed in the first place was to escape opression by the UGTO, and that the whole reason this war was started is because the UGTO could not stand the thought of systems not being under UGTO control, and attacked the ICC, when we were perfectly content to simply coexist with the UGTO. As for the leaving of CD*13, this shows nothing, except for a UGTO willingness to simply destroy, and not stay behind to rebuild, leaving that part to the ICC forces. Furthermore, though MOST of your ships may have left the area, your ground forces still remained, and now without the support of UGTO ships. On hearing this unexpected abandonment of the, by the UGTO Navy, many simply defected, seeing the UGTO show its true colors. Compassionate and freedo, loving, the UGTO say, describing themselves. Yes, compasionate to the extent that you disgrace our brave soldiers by throwing them into bonfires, abandon your ground forces and simply leave the ruined ICC cities and families without any help, and freedom loving enough that you rule under an Empire, and will not leave the Confederation in peace.

-Admiral Polaris

ICC Marines have heard and seen disturbing news on many of the formerly UGTO occupied planets, from defecting UGTO officers, children, and parents. It appears that ICC squads still at large on Exathra during the time of the occupations witnessed something horrific: at some schools and entire neighboorhoods, UGTO Marines were forcing children out and onto UGTO shuttles, most at gunpoint. Almost all of the children were crying, screaming for help, screaming for their parents.

While this seems to have been frowned on by the regulars and officers of the UGTO Navy, it appears they were not able to stop it, suggesting that this may have been a covert UGTO Spec Ops operation to abduct children from their homes, and bring them back to the UGTO for indoctrination: all of the children taken were at a very young age.

However, it seems that some UGTO Marines were outright opposed to it, often lying to the abductors, saying they were taking the children onto a shuttle, but instead letting them go free when they were out of sight. While these brave UGTO were few in number, they show that the UGTO can be compassionate, or at least, SOME of them can be. Several UGTO officers still on planets when the UGTO fleet left expressed interest in joining the ICC, after seeing the atrocities commited by the UGTO. Their requests are still being looked into.

[ This Message was edited by: Polaris {Starfury} on 2006-06-07 15:38 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-07 15:19   
...It is my duty to say that I followed all orders! I requested backup at wallen, because my suppy could not take the 16def points. Plus, I was in search of Ginger ale...

[ This Message was edited by: -RevenG- on 2006-06-07 15:25 ]

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-06-07 15:44   
In response to the query of Admiral Goththug-

Near the planet of Agrea, a UGTO TC, which may or may not have been Goththug, charged TFSM at full speed, firing as he went.. uh, very bravely, of course. However, this TC was forced to retreat after suffering severe damage from a hail of return fire from TFSM, consisting of approximately 21 lvl 0 Particle Cannons. The TC was quickly gunned down to an inch of his life, but unfortunately escaped. I think an observer on the ground put the short but furious battle in the most fitting words.

"Wtf? o.0"

TFSM was later seen laughing his head off.

[ This Message was edited by: Polaris {Starfury} on 2006-06-07 16:04 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-07 16:27   
it wasnt a TC, it was a Battle Cruiser, those puppies are tough

anyways, "shortly after, GothThug went back to the home system to jump into his ICC hunter Dreadnaught, But was met at the tau ceti jumpgate by The flying spaghetti Monster....in an ED *giggle* as soon as the ED Returned Fire from the Battle Dread that was Raining Hell on earth on him the Battle Dread Withdrew Due to the fact that several combat Dreadnaughts closed in at 2K Gu with a dictor not far behind, Plotting an Escape Course, The Battle Dread was Jumped. but didnt know it and vanished without an Explosion

Email GothThug {C?}
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-07 17:07   
I would like to relay a message from several sources inside the Jumpgate News Network "Please treat all news reports coming from U.G.T.O officers hands as misinformed propaganda - we certainly do."

The names of said sources were never disclosed to the I.C.C. Newsnet for fear of U.G.T.O. retaliation directed at the familes of those brave JNN employees.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-06-07 17:46   
Just to put this out there: When i said there were few children, especially around military bases, I was referencing one my of previous News Reports pertaining to a new tactic of weapon design, in which ICC crew and officers would become steril...

But, I will always accept any (well thought out) twist in the storyline added from the opposing side, so.... sure.... we took kids... Ill be sure to integrate such concepts in my future reports.

Page created in 0.021114 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR