No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » bomb stat adjustment... yes or no? - By Supertrooper
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author bomb stat adjustment... yes or no? - By Supertrooper
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-06-18 05:06   
Ok first off... this is'nt a flame thread so leave the he's a mirv whore and so on and so forth out of it. I want to know who all thinks a bombing stat adjustment is right?

Personally, I think it is. If it affects everyone so be it. I'm willing to have my bombing adjusted if it's gonna make the community better. This crap of everyone constantly at each others throats is annoying and most of all childish. I also think that mirvs should have a longer reload time. I know I would be happy if mirv damage and pres gain was lowered and combat pres raised a bit. Oohh and maybe lower the damage on PSM as well. Really, I just play for the combat and I always have. It used to be so much fin when you could jump into MV and get into a fight almost instantly. Now if you want combat you almost have to hunt for a bomber or wait to be bombed.... neither of which I'm too keen on.

Now, what do you ( the darkspace community ) think? Make some suggestions.... throw out some ideas... but, please don't turn this into a flame thread!!! Mods and admins.... if this thread turns into a flame war please lock it!!!!!

I vote yes for a bombing stat adjustment.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2006-06-19 16:14 ]

Email Supertrooper
rangar
Cadet

Posted: 2006-06-18 05:24   
id vote no.

Stat adjustment is unfair. sure, bombing IS a bit too easy, and from the looks of it will be severly nerfed next version (if not impossible without a small fleet).

read the following and tell me if it would be fair to adjust pres from bombing.

a person plays DS for 3-4 hours every day. now, during the week, being from a country on the other side of the world from america, he'll be lucky if theres 5 other people TOTAL on the mv. now, these people will probably justt be buildindgor doing their own thing.

this person has nothing else to do except build or bomb, and is not very good at building, so he bombs.

should this person have his stats adjusted because he lives in a country that's unfortunate enough to not have many DS players? no

Goth, Your my oneway ticket to GA

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-06-18 05:45   
i think yes, but this discussion is old

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-18 05:57   
This is an old discussion. Everyone who has bomb whored their stat to a high level, and to a level that towers every other stat, says no. Everyone who hasn't, says yes. I think the only person who has a high bomb stat and doesn't mind is Nim...

!Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Cadet

Posted: 2006-06-18 05:57   
sorry trooper..i say no..better to hurry the next version up then to kill off ur playerbase with adjusting stats that will make ppl mad.

Goto the website of !Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 06:40   
If the reduction was done for everyone, then it would affect even those people with more balanced profiles.

If you wanted to do it to only a select few players, how would you draw the line? Those that would receive stat reduction would feel singled out.

I don't like people bombing excessively, but stat reduction as a punishment isn't feasible.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 06:52   
i say yes 1. those who mirved to the rank of Admiral or higher will be affected hardcore 2. Those who built there way to admiral wont care 3. you shoulda thought about not mirving! and 4. combat should be the more focused not bombing

I vote Yes on a bombing stat Reduction to 1K

Email GothThug {C?}
rangar
Cadet

Posted: 2006-06-18 06:56   
which is convenient goththug isnt it?

but i agree with YIIM and lono, might as well wait until next version, where bombing will require fleets.

and since next version is more combat/sup oriented, people who have bombed/built the entire way up is a good chance they wont be any good next version anyways...

[ This Message was edited by: rangar on 2006-06-18 07:29 ]

Goth, Your my oneway ticket to GA

Dragonterro
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 07:38   
i give no vote cause i have high planetdmg but most player hide after planets .cause the player base is to low. i love a good fight but allmost 10 ugto and 2 icc or 10 icc 2 ugto and and and so now tell me how 2 players wonna fight against 10 ? and when only a few players on in mv you only can bomb or building. so when all planets are builded .nothing to do . and i dont play and pay to stay around and watch how nice MV is.so i go bomb.

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 07:57   
uh, no. I myself only have around 4k bombing prestige, however, I have learned through my past experiences that you never ulter stats when it involves a game. I think having the community look down on them is harsh enough. And come next version, some will just regret it.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-18 09:07   
I don't think they'd do a stat reset on the entire playerbase if they did choose to. Only on those with stats such as dragonterro, since his planets damaged stat severaly towers his other stats to the point where his admiral rank was souly got using bombing. If he had a sensible bombing stat, like 2-5k (as it would be without this bombing bug), he'd be at a max of VA, possibly less.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *SL3* on 2006-06-18 09:20 ]

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 09:27   
I would vote against it...
1. DS would only loose some players
2. It wont get people into combat, the adjustments of the next version would do the trick (hopefully)
3. I don't care if some people got a great rank by bombing, I used to bomb a lot in the previous version, not getting much prestige, but it was fun.
4. The last time we had the prestige gain abused was because of the missions (scouting missions?!), we had a pretty quick fix then, why not now

I guess we all know

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-06-18 09:32   
Quote:

On 2006-06-18 09:27, DOM700 [-IMO-] wrote:
3. I don't care if some people got a great rank by bombing, I used to bomb a lot in the previous version, not getting much prestige, but it was fun.

That's the difference though. People aren't doing it for fun now. They're doing it to gain rank quickly, and breaking the rank structure. Now we have FA's and GA's running around without a clue what to do. They have no experience, and it just breaks the game.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-06-18 09:40   
I realy do not care. But if it does happen, be ready to see alot of players angry.

Dragonterro
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-06-18 09:46   
maybe your right backslash but then i didn lose many dreads and losed many prestige for lossing a BD / Combat D or a comand D. and i lose many of this ships.SO you can say without PD i where less then VA

[ This Message was edited by: Dragonterro on 2006-06-18 09:47 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032671 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR