No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Essay Contest!!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Essay Contest!!!!
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-01 05:00   
OK. i am afraid that my interest in DS has permanently diminished to a point that I won't be playing anymore. I have tried to get into it, even took a few months off, and, well, it simply is not the game that I grew to love so much that I used to skip work to play it.

I recently subbed with the intention of giving it another try. Well, I am not really happy. Mainly because there never seems to be signifgant activity in the MV during the hours that I can play. I hear rumors of30-50 people daily in the MV but never get to be part of the fun. From what I see (from my admittedly limited perspective) the MV looks perpetually dead.

I love this game and spend hours on line periodically looking for another ship to ship PVP space game and can find none, I ma lead to conclude one thing: God hates me and I will never find a game like the DS I used to play again.

My tragic loss is your gain. My GA acct is up for grabs. Already ditched 2 other accts this is my last reamining tie to DS. Once it's gone, so am I.

"How do I get your GA acct spaivxx?" All you need do is submit an essay of at least 100 words telling me why I should give it to you. I will make my decision on who gets it within the last 27 days I have left on on my current subscription, after that time, me and my $9.99 a month are off to some other space mmog. -spaivxx

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2006-07-01 05:15   
I am not going to try and flatter you into giving me your account, because I have never met you, and since you are leaving Dark Space will probably never meet you. I would like your account because I too am feeling the effects of a poorly written game. Mainly the reason I would like to posses your account is to acquire a Grand Admiral account and determine for myself whether or not I would continue to play Dark Space or, to leave this game to the waste side. Saying this I would not let your account go to waste.

[ This Message was edited by: Troy Mars on 2006-07-01 05:19 ]

Email TroyMars
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-01 05:18   
I, on the other hand want yer GA account because i can test out the Line and sector command base, i just wanna use it for 1 day just to test out those 2 ships, thats it, and then i can hand it over to troy but yeah thats basically what i want to do so spaiv give me yer account for 24 hours i will not get you a death i will get you lots of kills ^_^ 3 ion cannons 4tw ^_^

Email GothThug {C?}
rangar
Cadet

Posted: 2006-07-01 07:35   
With a GA account i would be able to pwn goth all the easier.

oh right, 100 words.

I dont know you to be honest, but i understand why you're leaving. I live in australia, and by the time i get home from school the MV is down to 7-8 players usually, so the only time i get to participate in big battles is on the holidays or on the weekends.

Why dont i deserve to get your account?
im a mirv whore. if that's enough to stop you giving your account to me, theres no need for you to ready any further.

But i'm a mirv whore, because quite simply, there isnt much else for me to do. 6. 3 factions. 25 systems. hundreds of planets. all there is to do really is build or bomb. i chose bomb.

Why should i get the account?
like you, im kind of sick of the lack of players for my timezone, so i wont be resubbing (this version at least, or until theres a good amount of players).
i'd like to know what it's like to be a GA, and think it'll be fun.

well, thats all i got to say i guess...

oh, and if i dont get the account, whoever does get it: have fun

Goth, Your my oneway ticket to GA

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-01 09:23   
Bye.

Fleet Admiral Busby
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-01 11:30   
I would use the Account to its full potintial. Helping out other Factions when they need it the most. iam a ok piolt i like to play DS all the time and i like to help others in newbie. The new ppl are what keeps DS alive and so are Vets but i personaly think that i would fully utilize the GA account fully i would really enjoy use the Grand ADmiral account beucase ive never been that high i was never good at gaining pers becuase iam either building or supplying mostly. thats is why ithink i should get the account. Thx your freind Hershy.

PS To who ever wins may the best Essay writer WIN!

[ This Message was edited by: Hershy on 2006-07-01 11:33 ]

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-07-01 12:06   
I think i should get your account so that i can keep playing on DS, i can play with bigger ships wich automaticly attracts players that want to fight it (thats how big ships work this version:P) And if i die way to much times and lose all its pres i can go back to my never to be FA account and still play as admiral:P
For the serious part, i want to have access to stations because i havent flown them yet and i like to join a siege with a battle station finally, seems fun to me:)
And i want to fly an EAD for a week and then after being told by a mere 500 people realise that it does indeed stink:)
Either way, I would really like to get a GA account so i can fly all ships:)

Im probably well over 100 words, but i really dont plan to count them, bite me:)

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-01 12:38   
100 words or less hmm, i just really want that GA account because i want to try out the new stations and see if its worth it waiting another 5 months to get to GA ^_^ thats all man

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-01 13:42   
Any respecting GA or player wouldn't give his account away.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-07-01 19:32   
isn't it against the ROC or the GUA or somthing.
(General User Agreement. that thing when you first run DS and press the "agree" button but actualy reads is.)
you agree that the acount(s) you make wil be used for you personal use only.

Joe dirt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-01 20:11   
personaly i think you shoudl keep your account and make all these players earn the right to use a ga account.

!Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Cadet

Posted: 2006-07-01 21:01   
damn it sucks to see another Vet leave DS..i remember u Spa and will miss u..im not here to ask for ur account, just here to say goodbye to a fellow pilot.. i hope DS gets back its old luster so we all can have fun once again.
tc my friend and i hope u find another game that holds ur interest.

Goto the website of !Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-07-01 23:17   
Don't quit. Wait for 484. Beta looks to bring the fun back in, has me hopeful again. Don't give account away, you'll regret it in the end. It seems like a good idea now but it never ever EVER is. You've invested how many hours of your life into that account, that profile? Its a part of you, don't just give it away because you're annoyed, its foolhardy and unnecessary.

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-02 01:28   
Coeus has a point, dont give up dude

Email GothThug {C?}
.spaivxx.
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-02 01:36   
some good points, the whole reason i wanted to give the acct away is so that i would not be tempted to resub. But I guess I would likely kick myself if some sweet update occured or, better yet, somehow an influx of players took place. Ill keep the acct and just play when i can.

It just really sometimes bums me out to fly around the empty MV or see an attack coming that I cannot possibly fight off alone. etc.... I really only get to play latenights so....

Anyhow sorry to the potential recipients of the spaivxx instant GA promotion, contest cancelled......

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019828 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR