No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » It has been officially 1 year
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author It has been officially 1 year
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-03 03:11   
anyone remember when 483 came out? i do, it came out last year on July 3rd 2005, and ever sense then we've lost friendships we've made, we've gone at each others throats, we've even said stuff we dont mean and yet here i am writing another forum post on how great DS is *supposed* to be, I remember when i came back here during the wanning days of 482, it was a slow process relearning the game basics, but i got the hang of it, and then i met crimson, he was the first friend i made back on DS and coeus too, but something was missing, alot of my old buddies have long since gone, and i miss them badly, several of the oldies have comeback like undergamer, monty, killa, Riley, Fir3ton3, Lono, Darkness, and Banshee pokes his head in here once in awhile. What Really rocks is the teamwork the ICC have put out, the dedication and persistence of the UGTO, and the Cunning and skill of the kluth. Im very impressed with the way this game has become. Despite its bugs, despite the lag, despite the bombing glitch, and the shield emitter glitch but one thing made me realise that this game has become more than competition, its about trusting the person yer fighting with or against.

What this game has taught me is to be aggressive for what you want, weither it be a system, compensation or just to be heard, you have to be aggressive and let yourself be known or heard....i realise i have alienated myself to certain players with compensation requests but the thing is alot of them go ignored or none of them wanna be bothered. The Thing about me you need to realise is, im a gentle soul, im nice, i help people, i even took darkness AKA Jinx under my wing and taught him how to bomb,combat/ and fly again, and to many of you that may seem strange.

But it isnt, Im a nice Guy i enjoy helping people, i also dont bomb alot and im being punished because im in ICC and i dont deserve that...This game has become nothing but "oh yer intruding so i'll push you out blah blah blah" whatever happened too the storyboard of this game? dont people read? it makes me wonder sometimes if they actually read the fiction behind this game and wonder what their fighting for. I've noticed alot of hotheadedness, bragging, egos, and pride and arrogance but i let that slide because i know that we are all human with a heart. Im saddened and heartbroken that this games community is falling apart because of competition and bragging about who can fly or fight better the most...

Granted i cant do the combat i used too back in 480, granted i cannot dodge like i used too, im rusty cause i've been away for almost 2 years and just now starting to regain the hang of it. Also its been come across to my attention that when newbies come in and they see us fighting they think its normal to come into a lobby with alot of bickering, and its not.

As for the hypocritical/2 facedness sometimes i dont realise im doing it and lately i've caught myself and become self aware. but yeah thats neither here nor there right? damage is done and irreversable

just be nice to one another huh? for me?

Email GothThug {C?}
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-07-03 04:22   
good post goth. just continue to work on that and it will be easy to control it. and you also have to work on your anger problem too. fix that and MAYBE people will stop yelling at you as they currently do. but, what you have said in this post is true. .483 has ruined DS, i think, from what i hear of older members, it has left a stain on the history of DS that is irreversable. true, .484 is coming and it will return the combat of DS that used to be there, but will it be like it used to be back in .481, .480? i know i am a .483 noob, but i realize myself that this game used to be great back in the day, and i am now wishing i had come into DS back in those days. but i'd rather not change what i have done, for i recently gained knowledge of me having a huge amount of respect from the DS community for my efforts to reach Vice Admiral. i wish this community to grow bigger and stronger and not to argue and bicker like it does now. just login to the metaverse and beat the crap out of other players. that is the essence of the game, is it not?

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-03 05:30   
Why so sad? All this talk about ruined DarkSpace and what not. I came in just at the tail end of 482 b/c 483 was released in August not July but you were close enough. Regaurdless I love this game, as it is. I think the next patch will do us good but I am going to have a lot of good memories from 483. Granted people might tell me how great 480 is but I dont know that so I can only tell you how great 483 was and how much fun I have had playing this game every single day. All the good screen shots I have and all the great stories. Cheer up and don't miss something you never had.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Nim *
Chief Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-07-03 06:13   
1 year gone without any fixes for a lot of serious bugs

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-03 07:41   
I'm actually impressed at the community.

Despite not having a real game to back it, the communities held together surprisingly well. Think about it...

The game we're playing at this moment in time in no way supports the community, and tries to go against it at almost every corner. Yet a lot of us stay here and continue to play. There are always going to be those that want to ruin it for others, no matter what game, patch or country you live in. That's life, that's the internet, and that's gaming. Having been at Valve for a bit, it really opens your eyes to similarities in communities and problems that occure. Valve, which have a catalog of games that wow the fans, still have those that want to cause problems, and it's almost at the same level as DarkSpace has, and I'd give all my personal assets away if it wasn't like that in all games.

Fortunatly, the good DarkSpace community at (an unfortunatly) minority at the moment, will prevail come the new patch. Once the game becomes a game for the community again, and we get something which we can work with, you'll see tempers drop, arguements become less frequent, and in generaly, the mood lightening.

- Jack

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-03 07:58   
i started at the very begining o this patch, and i well more or less enjoyed every minute of game play

Email Borgie
Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2006-07-03 10:53   
Good post Gothy...I didnt read it but I saw you used punctuation and paragraphs so very nice indeed.

As for the community, this has always been one of the best places on the net. As small as we are there is a sense of family here that is extremely hard to find anywhere else.

Long Live DS! Here's to another 5 years of greatness!

Quissy

ME!
Cadet

Posted: 2006-07-03 13:47   
Very nice Goth, i read the storyline but i havent played the game, but yeah i totally agree with you, no one reads the storyline of games anymore, and frankly i think they should. if you know the storyline behined the factions of DS you can make a good decision about whos side you want to be on. i personally want to be on the ICC because the UGTO is nothing but a bunch of rich snooty ppl trying to make a profit. but the ICC is a bunch of Men and Women that have a rough life and want to help everyone. if ppl read the stories gameing communities would be a better place.

[ This Message was edited by: ME! on 2006-07-03 13:48 ]

Goto the website of ME!
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-07-03 15:24   
I'm not even going to post any owls on this one.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-03 15:48   
wow, i was expecting flames but just...wow, impressive and Que please read my posts it'll give you a greater perspective through my eyes I love this game and i still do. I dont want it ruined for me

Email GothThug {C?}
Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2006-07-03 16:51   
Quote:

On 2006-07-03 15:48, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
wow, i was expecting flames but just...wow, impressive and Que please read my posts it'll give you a greater perspective through my eyes I love this game and i still do. I dont want it ruined for me

This one is short so I read it...it was very nice.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-03 20:46   
oh que just read the first post please? it'll make me feel better ^_^

Email GothThug {C?}
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-04 00:14   
This isnt a bad post, a rather nice one.. But I just see it as another cry for attention from goth.

Email Supertrooper
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-04 04:24   
its actually not a cry for attention, its just DS through my eyes as i see it nothing more nothing less

Email GothThug {C?}
Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-07-04 09:47   
I joined the game at the very beginning of .483 when people were still getting used to it. Then in september i moved and didn't have internet till late January. After coming back what i found was completly different, people bickering about everything, Bombing glitchs, Over-powered scouts, sheilds, and the horrible lag.
ihad no idea what was up until i started looking at the forums and found all the anti-mirv posts. i have noticed that it has gotten better since then but there is still some argueing and bickering.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021434 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR