Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Dictors
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Dictors
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-05 10:56   
Hello Again,
I was in beta the other day and decided I would test the ICC dictor to see if it has changed much. Nope, not at all. I was able to run at 3/4 speed with my dictor on and still regenorate power. This seems a bit extreme to me. I think a dictor should be made a bit weaker. If possible could we increase the amount of power it takes to keep your dictor field on? That way dictors are not overpowered in 484. Anyways discuss and debate .

-Smartin-

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-05 12:07   
Dictors should be getting a look at some time down the line.

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-05 13:12   
Quote:

On 2006-07-05 12:07, BackSlash *SL3* wrote:
Dictors should be getting a look at some time down the line.

If we are tweaking ship configurations as it is I say lets take a serious look at them now. Just my opinion though.

Email Smartin
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-05 13:17   
Yes, lets change them before the important things...

/slap

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2006-07-05 13:25   
3/4 for dictors seams within reason

remeber in a battel, if talking icc you, also need power for recharging shilds.

kluth need not to drain so much power that they cant cloake(if need to get out).

and for both if you also use weapons and still retain that kind of speed or higher all the time, they will run out of power fast.

as a remark i have never flown the dictor where i at a point dident had to go full speed for shorter periods, to stay safe with the resulting drain as efect.

making only full power runs with no weapons or shild use cant tell if its to little drain or to much only battel senarios can messure that.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-06 09:09   
Remember that UGTO by default have more power, so 3/4 would probably be full speed. They do need changing.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 17:04   
how bout...we get rid of dictors altogether, they're meant to prevent ships from jumping in, NOT HUNTING, NOT DICTOR KILLING AND NOT PREVENTING AN ESCAPE! thus get rid of Ship Dictors, planet dictors are fine, ship ones ARE NOT! -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 18:41   
Quote:

On 2006-07-06 17:04, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
how bout...we get rid of dictors altogether, they're meant to prevent ships from jumping in, NOT HUNTING, NOT DICTOR KILLING AND NOT PREVENTING AN ESCAPE! thus get rid of Ship Dictors, planet dictors are fine, ship ones ARE NOT! -.-

Your basing all this knowledge on what? Dictors(ship) play a very key roll in combat sometimes. I dont want to see them removed. You just hate them b/c you been caught up in them a lot.

Email Smartin
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 18:42   
Quote:

how bout....we get rid of GothThug altogether, he's just meant to be annoying and make stupid posts, NOT SMART, NOT INTELLEGENT, AND NOT HELPING THE GAME OUT AT ALL! thus get rid of Goththug, vore is fine, a vore on the fourms is not. -.-

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 19:20   
Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 5.9.6 Interdiction in the Darkspace Manual

Some vessels, as well as structures on planets, have the ability to stop all enemy jump drive functions within 1,000 gu of their position.

Running such a vessel is a highly respectable activity in any fleet's operation, as the inability of enemy vessels to escapefrom a skilled Interdictor pilot can easily turn an outnumbered fleet into the victor.

However, this threat goes both ways... when jumping, your course line will not indicate any danger by an interdictor field. If you hit one, your ship will stop its jump and be at the mercy of any enemy defenses or ships nearby.

Therefore you should always be mindful of the presence, or the need, of the Interdictor.

As for the actual topic of this thread, I see no problem with running at 3/4 speed with the dictor on. You're a big target when you're flying that ship so you have to be able to dodge enemy fire...

[ This Message was edited by: Battle Droid Binks on 2006-07-06 19:23 ]