No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Summery on The Kluths Brood and Siphon
 Author Summery on The Kluths Brood and Siphon
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-06 14:54   
Since i was given this account, i didnt get a chance to try out the kluths new brood yet so, i left KES this morning to try out the brood for a few hours and this is my summery on it

Kluth Brood: Good sturdy ship, with lots of Torpedos, PSI/Disrupters, DA's which i found out by accident could be fitted with Human HCL's, But what bothered me was the fact that the Organic Armor can be owned by the kluths own tech, All in all, The brood is 1. Combat 2. bombing 3. Capping 4. Builder 4 of the things i love in DS which makes me give this ship 4 out of 5 stars

Kluth Siphon: Despite its Ability to use biting attacks and stand alone combat, Its got a flaw, the steller incinerator when used at close range it can knock out the foward Armor arc almost instantly, but i like the 8 Torpedos it has, DA's, Elfs, and Secondary weapons , i give it 5 out of 5 stars.

Thank you faustus, you've done an excellent job on the newer ships, however, remove the Super weapons from dreads its an energy killer that could cost a new Fleet admiral his new rank if he's caught up in combat thats all

-Goth

Email Borgie
-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 15:02   
i like the manadible

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 18:19   
Also i might add, the SI's icon is that of a Partical cannon, that needs to be changed -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 18:34   
did you play this in release or beta?

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 18:43   
Release

Email GothThug {C?}
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2006-07-06 18:46   
The Siphon was Gideons design, the Brood was my design... Faustus didnt make either of them...

Email Tael
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-07-06 19:08   
Zomg! Tael is back!

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-07-06 19:19   
Summary*

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 19:57   
in that case, you did a good job on the brood Tael ^_^

Email GothThug {C?}
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-06 21:30   
I'll go abit more indepth...

The Brood-

Combat - The Brood is a sound,sturdy ship in combat, if flown by the right pilot. It's size is a problem for anyone not used to flying a dread. It's Assault Disruptors are probably the most devistating attack it can use, aside from AM torps if modded for combat. There are problems with the Brood in Combat.. If Beaconed, it can stand it's ground, but it is unlikley to hold for the entire battle.

Bombing - In my honest opinion, I feel the Brood is the best bomber we have had for many versions. It has the amazing ability to continue in a system with minimal support, due to it's cloak and build. The four fighter slots also a big bonus, if modded with Wasp Bombers. If the pilot is experianced with using the K'luth Cloak, they could handle the maurbon cluster alone.

Building - Well, It builds.

Summary - The Brood is one of the best ships ingame, and is a good Fleet Admiral ship.

Siphon -

Combat - The Siphon can be an amazing combat ship, or just cannon fodder. It all depends on the pilot here. The Siphon has amazing fire power, being able to use multiple AM Torps, PSI Cannons, Assault Disruptors, and Stellar Incinerator. There is the flaw, the Stellar Incinerator.. If not used correctly, the Siphon's energy will be gone within the first seconds of battle. If used correctly, the Siphon will be a terrifying ship to face.

Defense - The Siphon has the worste Defense out of the three Assault Class Dreads. Due to it having K'luth Armor, it's unlikley it can stay uncloaked and duke it out. The Siphon's best defence is to have a fleet around, and to cloak as often as possible.

Summary - The Siphon is a diamond in the rough, so to speak.. Many pilots over look it, due to the energy drain and it's weak armor. There are a few who've found a sound Combat ship. How this ship handles, is up to the Pilot here. If it's an experianced pilot that nows how to use the cloak effectivley, the Siphon will be an amazing ship. If it's an inexperianced pilot, the Siphon will just look like a waste of Prestige.

Well, yeah.. There's abit more indepth.

-Crim

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2006-07-06 21:32 ]

Email Supertrooper
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 23:33   
I also found out that you can mount SCL's and HCL's on all kluth ships, im just giving fair warning, if this turns out like 480 prepare for kluth pwnage all over again

Email GothThug {C?}
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-06 23:43   
Quote:

On 2006-07-06 23:33, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
I also found out that you can mount SCL's and HCL's on all kluth ships, im just giving fair warning, if this turns out like 480 prepare for kluth pwnage all over again

Disruptors are far stronger then the Chemical Lasers.

Email Supertrooper
Mad Bum
Grand Admiral
ExtraTerrestrial Space Bums

Posted: 2006-07-07 09:38   
The only reason you dont see me in a brood is that you can be seen in f2, so cloak is useless on it.

!Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Cadet

Posted: 2006-07-07 09:41   
Quote:

On 2006-07-06 23:43, Crim wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-07-06 23:33, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:

Disruptors are far stronger then the Chemical Lasers.

wasnt they stronger in 480 also?..its about the quick recharge rate and less energy drain of the Cl's that made all the kluth pilots drool over um.

we didnt care about the range differentials either because we had cloak and could practically sniff tail pipe then unleash the cls horror from point blank range..then watch as the recharge of th Cl's went by quickly and our energy still stayed oh so high while we alpha'd another volley, licking our chops for the inevitiable kill we were gonna get.

Goto the website of !Lono! {Rogue Kluth}
Page created in 0.028405 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR