Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Kluth Building
 Author Kluth Building
shine
Cadet

Posted: 2006-07-06 19:05   
I notice it's the same for this current beta. If Kluth can't do anything cloaked, besides run eccm or ecm, why have to option to build cloaked? I fast built cloaked for 9 months now and realize how foolish it was. I did the calculation in beta building 1 colony hub cloaked and 1 uncloaked. Building point cloaked, was awarded 0.3 points to prestige. Building uncloak awarded 1.8 prestige. Now...add 9 months for fast build and doing it cloaked = a lot of lost points that could be avoided by just forcing Kluth to build uncloaked like they have to for everything else(besides ecm/eccm)

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 19:14   
Aww...but I like being able to build cloaked, it gives you an upperhand on people who like to kill engis and lets you block bombs while cloaked and continue building at the same time. There are many tactical advantages to building while cloaked and the disadvantage is the loss of prestige.

If this must be removed at least make it for balance purposes, but even that makes no sense since you can't really hurt anyone by building cloaked, the only ships that'll come near an enemy planet are bombers and trannies and those guys typically don't target engis anyway. The only ships that come near enemy planets that aren't attacking it are the people who kill engi's for points and there is no reason to give them anything really.

Powered by Stormtroopers and Red Shirts

shine
Cadet

Posted: 2006-07-06 22:03   
Do the math though....someone building loses prestige....that's not good for people that are not aware of it...vets or noobs....not to mention you can still see ships in overview map cloaked or not. Have yet to test the ecm ping...

[ This Message was edited by: shine(Jaded) on 2006-07-06 22:19 ]

Nothing to see here...move along.

Email shine
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-06 22:20   
Shine, I am sorry you lost the opportunity to earn all that prestige but I really really enjoy the ability to build cloak. I say keep it.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-07-07 02:15   
yeah binks, ram a bomber dread mirv's with a kluth engie and die:P

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2006-07-07 02:55   
FYI

building cloaked dont reward any points at all

to recive your build point you need to have your build drones (device) active on the building that finish.

as for building cloaked , i see no problem with it since the kluth enginer is a basic frigate hull and all know that those ships die easly from enemy fire, weakest hull in game + you have to stand still to build = easy to die while building.

with this version kluth cant upgrade armor so all ships at frigate lvl have only 1 armor ring, they would die alone from splash dammage from a few am torps , so only defence they have is the cloake.

in my view kluth enginer should be able to get the full build point even while building cloaked.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-07 06:07   
You could just uncloak...

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *SL3* on 2006-07-07 07:56 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-07 10:10   
but then that defeats the whole purpose of having a cloak in the first place

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-07 12:06   
Here's what I'm saying, ICC and UGTO engis have some defense (ICC can redirect shield/install actives, UGTO have best armor), K'luth engis have no defense whatsoever and so they need to be able to hide and still do their job. Someone does need to teach people who don't know that building cloaked doesn't give prestige but just because it doesn't give pres doesn't mean it needs to be taken out...along that line dictors and spying on enemy fleets need to go as well...

However giving full pres while cloaked would probably be overpowered, as then the enemy would have to manually locate the engineer via his drones, do so while under fire, and potentially be unable to do so if the engi just moved every once in a while. There has to be a cost to being an invisible builder and pres loss is just as good a cost as any other.