No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Summary on the EAD
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Summary on the EAD
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-07 20:16   
Well, not much to say except that it sux, if you stay still you wont lose energy but if you move, my god pray that yer weapons will hold out lol now in the next version i hope it wont suck as much but yeah, the EAD=Cannon Fodder this version -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-07 20:28   
I told you so.
I told you so.

I told you so.

Joe dirt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-07 20:28   
not always goth if you know your ship you can stay alive

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-07 20:36   
All it really is, is a QST platform. Anything else it tries to do, it fails misrably at. Doesn't matter who the pilot is, how old they are, or how much prestige they have. The EAD sucks plain and simple.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-07 20:47   
Still, i wanted to figure it out for myself, plus no one else seems to have a problem with it

Email GothThug {C?}
Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-07 22:19   
No one else wants to admit that they have a problem.

Email Axalon
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-07 22:19   
Yea, it has energy issues, but is very strong in an alpha strike. If you are careful and very cautious about where you jump into, you can do some good stuff with it. just dont jump into a mess of enemies and not expect them to notice that thin green line along your backside that we call rear armor... thats just dumb. Think of it as the UGTO Sniper Rifle....

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-08 04:34   
Quote:

On 2006-07-07 22:19, Kanman *FM* wrote:
Think of it as the UGTO Sniper Rifle....

Except the ONLY thing long range about is is the QST. Everything else is meant for close quater combat. Except, HCL and CL's do bugger all damage, and two of the torps are facing backwards.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-08 07:52   
I've flown the EAD a few times, and I've done rather well with it. It's just how well you are able to use it's QST, and spread out the fire of the other weapons. I do think it could be better, alot better at that, but it can have a use in a fleet, be it a strong alpha followed by the attack of the rest of the fleet, or sending out QSTs from a longer range..

Email Supertrooper
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-07-08 08:14   
I would rather use a UGTO Extractor than fly the EAD in its current state.

At least with the extractor, I have a chance of captureing a ship before I die xD

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-08 14:05   
Quote:

On 2006-07-08 07:52, Crim wrote:
be it a strong alpha

Sorry, what was that? I was too busy laughing.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-08 14:38   
Oh, Im sorry. Your still used to it being able to kick anything and everythings ass, my bad. The EAD is an Elite Assault Dread, yeah, but to an extent. You preach about the days where it could take on a fleet almost single handidly. Sounds fun, and great doesnt it? Too bad. The EAD, how ever strong it may be, isnt ment to be able to handle a fleet on its own. With support, the EAD can be a feared ship in this version, and that is only with a supporting fleet. It can give one of the strongest Alpha Attacks in the game, but it's follow up isnt the greatest thing in the world, thus the supporting fleet comes in handy. But hey, what do I know, make the EAD to where it can kill every single thing, with only a push of the spacebar.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2006-07-08 14:41 ]

Email Supertrooper
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-08 15:36   
Quote:

On 2006-07-08 14:38, Crim wrote:
Oh, Im sorry. Your still used to it being able to kick anything and everythings ass, my bad. The EAD is an Elite Assault Dread, yeah, but to an extent. You preach about the days where it could take on a fleet almost single handidly. Sounds fun, and great doesnt it? Too bad. The EAD, how ever strong it may be, isnt ment to be able to handle a fleet on its own. With support, the EAD can be a feared ship in this version, and that is only with a supporting fleet. It can give one of the strongest Alpha Attacks in the game, but it's follow up isnt the greatest thing in the world, thus the supporting fleet comes in handy. But hey, what do I know, make the EAD to where it can kill every single thing, with only a push of the spacebar.

I preach about the days when the ship was an actual ship you could fly. The EAD was probably THE most balanced ship in the game, which is what made it so much fun to fly. It was the jack of all trades top-of-the-line ship. Which is why almost every Admiral on UGTO would fly the thing. It had good energy management, good weaponry, good armour, good everything. I never qiped about how it did, or was supposed to be able to take on fleets. The EAD is NOT a feared ship this version, and anyone who's anyone knows this.

Let's break it down shall we.

Armour:
The arcs are piss poor. Yeah, it has three front arcs, but anyone who's anyone can get behind it and take out it's rear armour. Not to mention the fact that it's slow as hell, means that even dreads have minimal difficulty getting behind it.

Weapons:
HCL's:
I need not preach anything about how dreadful the HCL's are this version. They cannot do anything. Not an ounce of damage. They also use up too much energy (will come back to this later).

CL's:
Worse than HCL's, only they don't use much energy.

Cannons:
They are a possibility on the EAD, but only having twelve, it can't dish out much damage.

QST:
Can do significant damage, but uses way, way too much power.

Overall damage:
Unless you're using the QST, you're out of luck. The EAD can't dish out anything, not even with an alpha. Using it against cruisers, dreads, frigates, scouts, stations, and destroyers, you won't be able to do an ounce of damage, UNLESS you use the QST. And that's if you want to be running around for the next 3 minutes with no energy. Which brings me onto the next point.

Energy management:
The thing that almost completly kills the EAD. It cannot do ANYTHING whilst moving, unless you want to fly with 0 energy. The HCL's combined actually drain MORE energy than the QST, and why on Earth would you want to use them when they do ZERO damage? And if you fire them off at the same time (QST & HCL's), may God help you, because no one else can.

You prove to everyone here who has EVER flown the EAD that you know nothing about it, past of present version(s). It's gone from the top of the line UGTO ship, to something we dare not even bring out onto the battlefield because it's too easy to kill. The ONLY two people I've seen flying EAD's in the past week have been Kanman and Ospolos (UGTO regulars), and they only fly it for it's use as a QST platform. They dare not even WALTZ 10,000 GU near a scout unless they have 10 ships worth of backup.

Even I can't make any use of the damn thing unless I want to sit still firing QST's as planets and do nothing else every 3 minutes.

"But hey, what do I know?" Crim?

Evidently, nothing about the EAD.

- Jack

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *SL3* on 2006-07-08 15:40 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-08 16:17   
Quote:

Armour:
The arcs are piss poor. Yeah, it has three front arcs, but anyone who's anyone can get behind it and take out it's rear armour. Not to mention the fact that it's slow as hell, means that even dreads have minimal difficulty getting behind it.

The Assault Dread has the same, as well as the Siphon, so why is it that the EADs any different? Sure, Siphon has the cloak, and the Assault Dread, but slap a beacon on the Siphon and it falls faster then the EAD. The Assault Dread can rotate it's shields, fine and dandy right? Not with the energy drain it gets. Slow as Hell? The other Assault Class Dreads go about the same speed.

Quote:
Weapons:
HCL's:
I need not preach anything about how dreadful the HCL's are this version. They cannot do anything. Not an ounce of damage. They also use up too much energy (will come back to this later).

Assault Dread has HCLs too, and they realy dont seem to be that big of a problem with it, except the energy drain.

Quote:
CL's:
Worse than HCL's, only they don't use much energy.

You can always swap them out for something else.

Quote:
Cannons:
They are a possibility on the EAD, but only having twelve, it can't dish out much damage.

Supprisingly, twelve can do damage. The Assault Dread has about the same ammount of cannons too, and works well enough.

Quote:
QST:
Can do significant damage, but uses way, way too much power.

Each Core Weapon uses way,way to much damage. The QST uses the most due to the damage it can actualy deal out. Spread out the shots you use with them, and your dread will last abit longer.

Quote:
Overall damage:
Unless you're using the QST, you're out of luck. The EAD can't dish out anything, not even with an alpha. Using it against cruisers, dreads, frigates, scouts, stations, and destroyers, you won't be able to do an ounce of damage, UNLESS you use the QST. And that's if you want to be running around for the next 3 minutes with no energy. Which brings me onto the next point.

Not Realy.. You and others may see it that way, but the EAD can do damage, and will do damage in battle without the QST. I've been attacked by an EAD in a cruiser, and it took me down a good bit without using it's QST. I've been in a Dread, and it's done a good deal of damage without it's QST. Destroyers,Frigates, and Scouts are all known to have godlike armor/shields, it isnt any suprise that the EAD cannot damage them, since not many other ships can.

Quote:
Energy management:
The thing that almost completly kills the EAD. It cannot do ANYTHING whilst moving, unless you want to fly with 0 energy. The HCL's combined actually drain MORE energy than the QST, and why on Earth would you want to use them when they do ZERO damage? And if you fire them off at the same time (QST & HCL's), may God help you, because no one else can.

The thing that kills every Assault Class Dread, is the Energy Drain. You can do something while moving, but you cant go charging in at top speed expecting to last ten minutes in a fight. I've found that going around 6.5gu, you will be able to hold your energy abit more. Sure, it's a slow speed, but you can dodge weapons that are fired from a longer range. The HCLs actualy do damage, you know?

Quote:
You prove to everyone here who has EVER flown the EAD that you know nothing about it, past of present version(s)

Know nothing about it? I've had to listen to your 'EAD was GODLIKE' talks this entire version Jack. I flew it back when it was 'godlike'. Sure, it was great going full steam slinging torpoes at anything that moved, it was great taking on entire fleets with the ship. But that isnt how it's supposed to be, as much as you or anyone else wants it to be.

Quote:
Even I can't make any use of the damn thing unless I want to sit still firing QST's as planets and do nothing else every 3 minutes.

The EAD has proven itself, to me atleast, that it can do damage in Combat, and isnt just a waste of prestige. If you'd hear ICC chat when one is pulled out, you'd hear people say "EAD Out There!", not with excitment for prestige, but something to watch out for in combat.

Now, onto something else here.. You say the EAD was the most balanced ship in previous versions? Lets see here.. Which Assault Class Dread had the highest energy back in the day? The EAD. Which Assault Class Dread could dish out the stronger attack? The EAD. Which Assault Class Dread had the strongest armor? The EAD. Take into consideration, that even with it's shield rotating abilities, the Assault Dread ran out of energy ALOT quicker then the EAD due to the shields energy drain. The Siphon was nice, but it did no where near the damage the EAD could do. Tell me, is balance to where that one ship could outclass the two other Assault Class Dreads, like it was nothing?

[ This Message was edited by: Crim on 2006-07-08 16:20 ]

Email Supertrooper
Morden
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-08 17:03   
I remember the days when someone seen an EAD within 2 systems and yelled to everyone "EAD!" out of fear.

Now its just a big floating stationwagon with QSTs. the only reason anyone calls out EAD anymore is to jump it and kill it

Email Morden
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026939 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR