Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » I love it
 Author I love it
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-08 01:27   
2 points:

1. The Modding is a bit off, theres a blank with the weapon slots and i cant switch out I.E for the PFE or AME or AFE

2. the Dreads Shields are stronger and it takes about 10 or 12 hits before it dies a Plus but all weapons on the combat need need to be Fore, Right, Left not Left, Right, or AFT, 1 Torpedo needs to be Aft, Fore

The combat dread needs all Torps not missles, because someone like me who's not used to these types of dreads wont last long in combat and will get frustrated lol

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-08 04:31   
First point : If you'd taken even a second to look in the bug thread, you'd know this is to be fixed.

Second point : Combat Dreadnought is a medium to long range combat ship. It's not meant to have torps or anything, it's just meant to be an all rounder at long to mid range, like the BD is an all rounder for medium to short range.

Me and Cobra started off at 1800 GU appart, and we came out baring the same marks. Had he kept his distance a bit longer instead of charging in, he would of won, because I couldn't hit him at that distance.

I think you need to go back to basics and remember what ICC is about.

Dragonterro
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-08 08:42   
i c it on 1.483 i fight sixkiller and i started 1000gu + and first sixkiller run then i jump him direkt + 1 hvy cruiser (ICC) and i run first so i can say BD is at closerange stronger but in 1k gu the Combat Dread is stronger .

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-08 09:09   
Quote:

On 2006-07-08 01:27, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
2 points:

1. The Modding is a bit off, theres a blank with the weapon slots and i cant switch out I.E for the PFE or AME or AFE

That will be fixed, it's a known problem.

Quote:
2. the Dreads Shields are stronger and it takes about 10 or 12 hits before it dies a Plus but all weapons on the combat need need to be Fore, Right, Left not Left, Right, or AFT, 1 Torpedo needs to be Aft, Fore

Dreads are stronger, as they should be. The Combat Dread isnt ment to have all Fore,Left, and Right arcs, due to it being a Medium-Long Range Dread (As Jack Explained Earlier). Having flown/fought the combat dread over four versions now, this seems to be as it should be.

Quote:
The combat dread needs all Torps not missles, because someone like me who's not used to these types of dreads wont last long in combat and will get frustrated lol

The Combat Dread does not need all Torpedos instead of Missles. Why? Simple. The Combat Dread over the history of Darkspace has been the 'long range' Combat Class Dread. It isnt ment to jump into the middle of the fray and hold it's own, it'd be massacred if it did. It was ment to hand back abit from the battle, and provide it's long range support. If attacked upclose, the Combat Dread Can hold it's own somewhat, but will be cannon fodder without a supporting fleet. I see that as how it should be for the Combat Dread.

Email Supertrooper
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-08 12:59   
Okay, my apologies, but still, it needs 2 more Torp slots because the mandy has 4 Torp slots, and the Battle Dread has only 1 hmm i see something seriously wrong with this picture but whatever, as an admiral, im gonna have trouble picking which side i want with the biggest firepower

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-08 14:09   
Quote:

On 2006-07-08 12:59, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
Okay, my apologies, but still, it needs 2 more Torp slots because the mandy has 4 Torp slots, and the Battle Dread has only 1 hmm i see something seriously wrong with this picture but whatever, as an admiral, im gonna have trouble picking which side i want with the biggest firepower

Why?

They're designed for completly different factions. ICC is designed for long-medium range. Hence why the combat dread has mostly IT's and cannons for long range. BD is meant as a bombardment ship, just keeping up fire at medium-short range and at speed, hence mostly cannons. Has a few IT's and AR's to allow it to dish a minor amount of damage at long range. Same as the combat dread has few torps to allow it to dish minor damage at close range.

Remember that ICC is the defensive faction, and firepower isn't always key. You seem to have your mind set on one thing, and that's damage, damage, damage, and that isn't what's most important to ICC.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-09 00:50   
if ICC is the Defensive faction, why are we always going offensive using ships such as the Assault Cruiser? The Assault Cruiser is an Offensive ship, such as the Assault Dreadnaught, it makes no sense to me tho but yeah, im begginning to see why heh, muh bad

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-09 06:57   
Because they do need assault ships to do certain things, but a significant amount of the ICC force needs to be defencive to actually make sense. Otherwise they may aswell just be a UGTO clone.

Page created in 0.012898 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR