Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » - When your ship is destroyed, it is now returned to your storage with 5% hull.
 Author - When your ship is destroyed, it is now returned to your storage with 5% hull.
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-22 10:20   
Okay. Woah. I was going through the dev log, and I noticed this

- When your ship is destroyed, it is now returned to your storage with 5% hull.

I'll let that sink in.

- When your ship is destroyed, it is now returned to your storage with 5% hull.

Okay, can you say "Exploitacular"?

I wish I could.

Okay, my point is, I see people needlys throwing their highly modified/custom ships into combat, dieing needsly, and then just respawning them at a repair planet (5 depots, rofl), and going into battle and repeating it over and over.

almost like shipyard abuse, but with more powerful ships.

Suggestion to fix possible exploit: Make it so you cannot use the ship until after a set ammount of time (10 hours, 20 hours, perhaps depending on ship type)

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-22 11:30   
Small ships die easily to bigger ships in 1.484, so you'd only be going back to your death, and bigger ships take a long, long time to repair, even with 5 depots.

Not to mention the whole point of 1.484 is to make getting to the battle easier, and making the battles themselves a lot more fun, and take away some of the pain from dying.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-22 11:59   
free supply points... at least i worked for mine

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-07-22 12:06   
Anyone doing that will lose a crapload of prestige, so it's not particularly exploitable.

Goto the website of Drafell
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-22 14:49   
Also remember that SY-capable planets are a lot more scarce.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-22 14:53   
Only GAs with a good pres buffer can SD with effectivness..

Email Supertrooper
ForMichael

Posted: 2006-07-22 16:51   
This is one of the dumbest things ever. When a ship is destroyed it should be gone forever. Don't try to boost combat by taking away the risks of combat. Increase combat by minimizing lag and balancing ships.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-22 23:32   
Quote:

On 2006-07-22 11:30, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Not to mention the whole point of 1.484 is to make getting to the battle easier, and making the battles themselves a lot more fun, and take away some of the pain from dying.

then get rid of shipyard and give us the old .480 map and JG respawning and and and and...

I thought they were going away from arcade and making it more simualtion, now.....bah, you people.......

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-07-22 23:52   
Actually... if GCQL uses, or can be moddifed to use the python scripting API, then features like that would be entirely reasonable. Maybe not Palestar developed, but by other parties wishing to use a reliable and integrated distribution platform.

Goto the website of Drafell
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-07-26 13:15   
you could afcourse just spawn and spend those 10 seconds on modding again and then go to fight (if you got full tech planets around)

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-07-26 18:46   
With the current modding system the %5 hull ship return is completely useless and a waste of code.

There needs to be one or the other - easy modding or easy death recoveries. It can't be both ways because it just detracts from the threat of death. Currently people hate dying because it takes FOREVER to remod and often times the parts aren't available - so no one fully commits to combat.

If you have easy ship modding but once the ship is gone it is gone people will neither over commit nor under commit in my opinion - they will fight until their ship can't take anymore and jump out (assuming they A) know the limits of their ship and B) don't run at the first sign they may lose).

If you have difficult modding but your ship is returned then people will commit a little more to the battle but still be aware that once they respawn it will take time to repair, so they will balance damage they can deal and damage they receive. (key phrase there balance)

The way the current system is I just know that people will be throwing their ships away - especially those who exploited their way up in rank & have prestige buffers before being demoted.

When you include the thought I have heard is being tossed around about variations to the current modding system - primarily that if you loot a device from an enemy like an AMJD or a particle cannon, and you have it in cargo you can equip it - the thought of "You get your ship back" is just a recepie for skilllessness (is that a word?) and wastefulness of ships. No one will care if they die because the only punishment is prestige loss. While this is a big issue with capital ships and stations it is not so much with cruisers & below.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-07-26 19:30   
Thought about this. I agree. Once your ship is gone, it should be gone. Modding is simple now, and modding shouldn't take long, which is what we want.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-07-26 21:21 ]

Page created in 0.023209 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR