No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Greatest moments in Darkspace(and worse)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Greatest moments in Darkspace(and worse)
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-07-24 19:56   
What was your Greatest moment in DS and your worse moment

mine was over a year ago, when I first got a supply and was asked to follow a Dread on a Run, not only did I gain pres, but I was cheering the whole time I had a Rambo moment WOOT

my worst, I hypered into BoBo....and lost pres, not sure to be more embarrassed about the death, or that I was killed by "Bobo"

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-07-24 21:04   
Both, and most people know this story but still...

482 - fleet engagement ICC vs UGTO, about a dozen or so on each side. Dreads crusiers mixed. I'm flying a heavy cruiser, and tagging behind a battle dread, when 3-4 BDs & EADs jump in point blank on me. I have my camera on a dread behind me & make a blind E-Jump... right into the gas giant directly ahead of me... as I /y See yas!... splat!

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-07-24 21:37   
1.482 - Sol - Miranda

The UGTO where left with one planet, Miranda. The morale of the faction was down, no one had logged in for over two days, except me, who was dedicated to holding that planet until the UGTO decided to make a comeback. The last battle for Miranda, I was the lone Battle Dread, taking on the ICC forces and the UGTO forces. I was killed seven times, each time I modded what I could as I respawned. After around seven hours, other UGTO players finaly started to log in, and we began to recapture what was lost.. This of course, is one of many great moments I've had in darkspace..

Email Supertrooper
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-07-24 21:54   
Coeus, now what was your greatest Moment?...i hope that wasnt it

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-07-24 21:56   
Crim? have a worst moment? lol, with that kind of glory, I expect a juicey "worst moment"

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-24 22:04   
My Greatest Moment in DS is when i first Made Fleet Admiral back in 1.480, as soon as i made FA 1 Dictor 1 EAD 2. Siphons and 3 Hives Converged on my position (it was FA Map was Procyon system). And the minute it happened The Dictor didnt have a clear path and crashed into Procyon A, and I planned an Escape Vector before hand so...long story short i fought my way out of a hairy situation and i logged and kept FA -.- anyways thats my greatest moment in DS...

My Worst Moment in DS: I lead an attack on the Andosia System which cost me my whole fleet and this is when i got admiral this version. once again, i plot an escape vector and log -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-24 22:23   
Wow...this is a tough one.../me scratches his head...

--One of the best moments was waaay back in version 1.480 with the old $hadow Pirates gang. Back then combat was exceptionally good and there were always numbers. Was me, Xin, Admiral Maximus, Tritogeneia, Kat, Havox and we capped 4 systems in under 3 hours. Luyten, Van Maan, Lalande, and Wolf maybe? Not sure about that 4th one... All I remember is -GTN- getting really pissed about us mining the hell out of the gates where it was an insta-kill as soon as you entered the system.

--The worst moment was when bombing became a lost art and turned into a n00b past time.

~Switch

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-24 22:24   
Best moment(s): Back in 1.481 or 1.482, I was in a supply helping out Jolesman, Salem, and Rattle bomb and take back Struve. Total absolute kickass as we systematically took planet after planet. Another great moment (well, time period) was when UEPG was in its prime and there was always action. Good fun fighting large fleet battles over some system.

Worst moment: The day my sub ran out...

Quote:
--The worst moment was when bombing became a lost art and turned into a n00b past time.

Amen! Back then bombing was so very fun.

[ This Message was edited by: Axalon on 2006-07-24 22:25 ]

Email Axalon
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-24 22:28   
Another Great Moment in DS: Making Friends with some of the Best Combatants in DS

Worst Moment in DS: Getting Banned alot (back in 480)

Email GothThug {C?}
Morden
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-24 22:35   
Best moment:

1.481 in admiral server(or whatever it was called back then)

ICC vs UGTO fleet battles... station, about 3 dreads 4 cruisers 5 dessies and about 2-3 sups per faction.. those were the days.. no Shipyards

I was on ICC back then

Email Morden
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-07-24 22:42   
Dosn't anyone have a DS moment that they brag about to their friends??? .....despite the blank looks (they play games online so they understand a little)

I am thrilled so far,, we even had some Rambo moments

lol, the good and the bad, are why we play

am I the only one that looks forward to the weekend, thinking ..."I get to play DS for 48 hours nonstop"

I have a new worst moment

I just got done MOdding an ICC assualt destroyer. and plotted(SP) a jump to gate, and hit button.....ship turned and hypered into Mod planet

omg happened today...now I a captain lol

[ This Message was edited by: Ship-Of-Fools(recruiting) on 2006-07-26 08:12 ]

Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-07-24 23:36   
The greatest moment I had was back in 1.481, flying with the ICC fleet, a bit after leaving the UGTO to wallow in their non-cooperative state (at the time). Well, ya see, there was this one planet that needed to be capped...so about 3 stations, RedXII, Bito, and some other dude, plus a few Cruisers and Dreads, charged right at the planet. Now, there was a rather sizable UGTO force defending, and dozens upon dozens of fighters and missiles headed our way, impacted, destroyed. Back then ships died easier, and many fell.

Eventually, the stations got so close, they were almost instantly destroying UGTO coming out of the SY (no SY blockading back then). We had won, and it felt awesome. Hulls were burning all around (ours. -.-), debris was everywhere, and in the middle of it, us.

Another great moment is when I charged a station head on in 1.481. It took heavy fire from ICC all around, and I just kept firing salvo after salvo into an armor plate...and then...

And I flew through the debris, and we all cheered.

Another time: When about 7 of us (1.481, UGTO) all flew Dreads. We completely beamed everything in our path. CL2ks fried EVERYTHING.

ANOTHER great moment. When 3 Stations and I flew to attack a planet in 1.481, we met resistance. One lone K'luth Dread, We fried it in 2 seconds flat. Not exaggerating. I have this strange feeling it was Smartin we fried...

YET ANOTHER great moment. Ravens and I hunting UGTO ships in 1.481. That hunt felt escpecially satisfying.

That's all I can think of for now for greatest moments. I can't think of any worst moments, except for all the times I get frozen by lag and die, or get a bug. Cheers.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-07-24 23:39   
Oops. Sorry for the big size....

But it's high quality and fits in the GCQL!

[ This Message was edited by: Polaris {Bankai!} on 2006-07-24 23:39 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
*Peanut*
Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-24 23:42   
The 1.483 free trial. 80 ppl in MV everyday

Email *Peanut*
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-07-24 23:52   
wow i forgot how much weapons the ships had back then, now the ships have proper weaponry

Email GothThug {C?}
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024913 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR