Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Why cant faustus fix the engineer requirements
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Why cant faustus fix the engineer requirements
Abandoned Ships[AS]
Cadet

Posted: 2006-08-08 20:54   
I'd rather get a reasonable answer since you actually flew the thing and have experience with it then you should have the exception of flying that same ship that is above your rank. Also what would happen if a player was an vice admiral and he was flying a ship which req'd a rank of vice admiral, and while flying that ship gets demoted? I also renamed myself doomtrooper because it sounds cool. that and thats what my friends usually call me when im killing enemies on halo 2 at legendary difficulty on cairo station with some help from an invicible allied ai called sergeant Johnson

[ This Message was edited by: S.S Doomtrooper on 2006-08-08 21:01 ]

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-08-08 21:00   
then once people get Grand Admiral, why would they bother subbing anymore

Abandoned Ships[AS]
Cadet

Posted: 2006-08-08 21:03   
Not that way i mean only being able to use the exact same ships, crew components, etc. that are already in your garage without making NEW ships.

Drow
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-08-09 00:29   
Face it. Dark Space is NOT a free game for anyone to do anything they want cause they think they should. You want to do something that requires you to pay? Then pay for it, its realy that simple.

As for the Editor, its a freebie bonus. Same rules apply. You want the full features of something, then you pay for it.

Just be glad its not like other ShareWare with constant spaming of "Your trial period has expired, pay for it or suffer the wrath of fleas infesting your genitals!"

Realy though, what do you want? You can play for free. What do you want for free? Why are you wanting what others must pay for?

I acualy purchased the game CD at a store, and I only got the same trial period as you, as anyone who downloads it for free. I should get more cause I spent money to buy the game. So I want 1 month play time coupon cause I spent over $10 at the store and did not get 1 month time for that money spent

I think I just hijacked this thread!

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-08-09 02:01   
no. seprate ship requirement for you private server's would be going against the rank and the way the game was built. so no they souldent. like stated before if you want to build plants you will need to get a subscription... sorry but the game is not going to have that changed ... so please stop buging the admins to chang something that is not broken or not working right... "bows with respect now i must take my leave" on this matter...

[ This Message was edited by: darkspendeck on 2006-08-09 02:04 ]

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-08-09 06:10   
No. Engineers aren't allowed at Midshipman. It was argued enough. You just want an easy way to gain prestige whilst unsubbed. If you where a sencible player, you would advice newbies against building at Midshipman because it is way, way too early for them to start building at that point. They need to learn the basics first, and engineering is not basic, no matter what you argue or say. It requires being smart and knowing the game, placing structures at their optimal point. Midshipman do not know that, and they should only start building in newbie to learn the basics, and then join the MV to master the advanced.

Again, the only reason you want Midshipman engineers is so you can gain easy prestige whilst unsubbed. And this is exactly the kind of reason people yelled for engineers to be moved off of Midshipman. You should not be able to gain prestige easily whilst unsubed.

If you where a true player, and knew what was best for the game and new players, you'd know that engineering is to be left until later ranks, otherwise we'd get people gaining too much prestige unsubed, and then there'd be no point to subbing. Just build until AD/FA/GA and sub once for the dreads/stations/whatnot.

Just plain no.

Tim the Enchanter
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-27 15:02   
I know this is nearly necroposting, but why not make it so that, if you haven't subscribed, that you can use up to destroyer class ships if your the host, and only if you have the right badges, that way no more hosts that cant build on their own servers, and no noobs with an intedictor siting in the enamy's safe zone, along with putting a 10 player limit on player ran servers would work out well

Or die.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-27 16:34   
Quote:

On 2006-11-27 15:02, viperfan7 wrote:
I know this is nearly necroposting,
it is
but why not make it so that, if you haven't subscribed, that you can use up to destroyer class ships if your the host
with dessies the way they are now (ed/pd in particular), then why sub?
, and only if you have the right badges, that way no more hosts that cant build on their own servers,
they cant gain any prestiege from it, so if they can build, they might as well do it in newbie or admiral. or even the mv.
and no noobs with an intedictor siting in the enamy's safe zone,
aint nobody, but nobody, supposed to be in an enemy's safe zone. that'd be one of those uses for /report.
along with putting a 10 player limit on player ran servers would work out well
...no.

this thread was over before it was posted.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.017654 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR