Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » How do you capture a Ship?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author How do you capture a Ship?
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-08-20 16:52   
I have been bugging mods about this all week, and they can never give me any acceptable answer, so I will let the whole of DS throw in their 2 cents.

How can we be expected to get 25 ship capture points for the bronze privateer badge when the game is broken? Only 1 inf will ever make on to an enemy vessel, and EVERYONE EVERYONE in the MV carries between 2-3 at LEAST in any ship. Then in the admiral server, if a ship has no inf, it is only a short jump to its Homegate, or like in my recent experience the target could just SD to avoid being captured.

Sure, you can manage a ship cap here and there, but there is no way to really buckle down and get that badge, and it is a required badge! I have spent all weekend, and hours of gameplay trying to capture enemy ships, one tactic after another, without a single successful capture.

I have even suggested that since ships can have duels using just guns, and battling to the death, and perhaps it would be legal to have 2 ships, with players that both need the privateer badge, have a 'capping duel' in which they would try to capture eachother. This cant be an agreement for mutual pres gain, as one side will be captured and that side will lose pres, just like a death. I am told this would be an exploit of some kind, but no actual explaination on how exactly.

And if normal methods of capturing (dumping a crazy amount of inf at once into an enemy vessel) doesnt work due to a programming error, then they have to come up with SOME LEGAL method of ship capturing. So far I am told to 'just keep trying' and 'it will happen sooner or later' blah blah blah. How about a REAL answer. How about an EXACT explanation on how to capture a ship 'legally'. One that doesnt require the target to be a complete idiot.

PS. I can see by checking the profiles of many regular players that this is an explanation almost everyone would like to hear.

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman *FM* on 2006-08-20 17:02 ]

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2006-08-20 17:14   
i got mine accidently when is was trying to cap a new player in the game who didn't know what is was doing

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-08-20 17:15   
yup, see? target had to be an idiot for you.... unlikely to happen for the rest of us....

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-08-20 17:15   
It's all luck...try dropping one someone who just unloaded on a planet.

* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-08-20 17:18   
Like they wouldnt just pick their inf back up, or jump away a moment later? Isnt that what YOU would do? That wouldnt work either.

Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2006-08-20 17:52   
they way i see it is if you want to cap succesfully is by boarding a ship and then get it dicted. but there's always the risk that the player that you are trying to cap would prefer to self destruct his ship rather then losing it by being boarded. or the programmers must adjust the capping speed of the inf lets say that with 4 regular inf it would take 1 min to cap and with heavy inf it would take 30sec again this is an example don't really know the exact capping time

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-08-20 17:55   
you know. i honestly dont see what the problem is. if its just an error in the programming, then get yourself a programmer to go thru the code and fix it, and then we all click UPDATE once before we go back in... simple.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-08-20 18:24   
http://beta.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=25633&forum=5&20

*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-08-20 19:13   
somthing i have been trying is build a few eliets and and wait for someone to drop on a planet or another ship and drop inf . when they try to grab inf use the flux sence it kills inf ,. but i have had no luck either .it is kinda anoing . i mean even goth has a few caps lol j/k goth

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-08-20 20:15   
*shrug*
Did all mine on the scenario servers, don't much bother with it in the MV.

Better than it used to be - before you couldn't get ANY inf on enemy ships if they were loaded full with 'em.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-08-20 20:23   
well, I just did the standard capping method on some guy and I DIDNT CAP HIM!

I had 5, count them 5, hardened or elite inf, which i pushed into my target (a SCOUT SHIP, with only 37% hull). I sent them in 1 after the other, as each one was defeated... after FIVE infantry, i STILL didnt cap that scout! WTH! Absolutely unacceptable. This MUST be fixed, or a more effective method must be made 'legal' immediately!

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-08-20 20:58   
Or you could just go with it, since the Command Station isn't that big a deal anyway...

Email Bobamelius
Zeritu
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-08-20 21:03   
Kanman how did you get the Elites to begin with? Elites take longer to make now.

Goto the website of Zeritu
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-08-20 21:05   
I got elites by having them raze a structure on an ICC world before the defending inf could get to them... then i picked them up and went after that scout.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-08-20 21:17   
and No. thats not how it works Bob. I pay them money, i get eventual access to ALL ships... no 'dont worry about this one or that one'. I WANT access to EVERY ship, and there MUST be a way to do so.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032344 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR