No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Let us Remember
 Author Let us Remember
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-11 17:26   
all the lives lost on september 11th...i can barely remember what happened because my mom woke me up crying and i followed her to the TV and i saw NYC in Flames.....my home state got attacked and to be honest this is the worst attack since 1941 when pearl harbor got dive bombed except i was hoping this wouldnt happen......not in my lifetime

Anyways, This day has taught me, not to take life for Granted because someday a terrorist like these guys could take your life in a heartbeat

Email GothThug {C?}
no71171 *CL*[retired]
Cadet

Posted: 2006-09-11 18:45   
I remember that day well, will great heartfelt sorrow. I will never forget the horror on the people's faces as the situation unfolded. I myself, am a firefighter, and the sounds of all the PASS alarms going off on the news will haunt me for the rest of my life. For those who don't know, PASS alarms are a safety device on the airpacks that firefighters wear, it sounds an alarm when you are running out of air, or are motionless for a period of time. The pass alarms that were sounding off were from those trapped in the debris.....and everyone knew that they were dead, but the alarms went until their batteries died. The sound from that newscast will haunt thousands of firefighters from around the world from now on.

Chris Hawkins
#7 VFD
Lattimore, NC.

Email no71171 *CL*[retired]
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-09-11 18:53   
Yes, yes, when something like this happens it's a tragedy and all, but think of all the people we're killing over in the middle eastern countries like Iraq. Though for us it's a shocking tragedy, I really think it's been a bit too dramatized. And for the profit of certain companies, no less...like that new "The Path to 9/11" series? Yeah.

Just remember, some people have been enduring this kind of loss of life for years and years. We can see it as a tragedy, and mourn for those lost, but I believe we shouldn't overdramatize it, use the event to make some money, gain some ratings, etc, etc.

It is a tragedy and a terrible loss of life. But let's not keep going back to it again and again.

[ This Message was edited by: Polaris {Bankai!} on 2006-09-11 18:54 ]

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-09-11 19:40   
I remember I was on my way to school and we learnt of what had happend and my teacher was in tears and they brought a tv in to the room and told us what was hapening.. weeks later we moved to a new place and i will never forget... http://www.september-11th.us/Tribute-17.html

http://www.gunstuff.com/america-attacked.html

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Jammy Pajamies
Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-12 02:03   
let us remember...that we should not take life for granted,that the people who died saving others died heroes,that the threat of terrorism is on the rise,and,most importantly,that we must stay strong.

I was 8 when this occured,I only knew that planes hit two buildings in NY,but that was all could understand...5 years later,5 years wiser,I finally realize how much danger we are all in,and that what little we do counts.

5 years,let us have a moment of silence,to remember all who were lost...

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-12 05:08   
Even though I am in Australia i remember seeing what was happening on the News Break at about 1 or 2 am. Yes it was a very terrible thing that happened however what George Bush and the other have done by sending innocent young men and women into war has solved nothing, in fact not only have they not caught Bin Laden(spelling?) but the number of people that have died has risen by many thousand.

Let us just remember that all these people that have died have done it so that WE (people all around the world) can live in a safer world even if it isn't working very well.

I hope that the day will come when there will be no more wars and everyone will be able to live together in peace. (probably will never happen)

Page created in 0.011075 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR