No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Quotes for the Military
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Quotes for the Military
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-09-14 08:42   
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. ~ General George S. Patton

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Ulric Winters
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-14 18:31   
so true...

kenetiks
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-09-14 21:09   
Quote:

On 2006-09-11 22:33, Lacrosseian wrote:
So I have been in the Air Force for a couple of months and I have come to know a few quotes that I rather like. Those who are or were in the military may enjoy them.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than hiumself.
-John Stuart Mill

There is only a certain set of circumstances worth war. Nothing within the last 60 or so years has even come close to one glimmer of excuse for it. The rest is murder and being a pompass giant police force for overbearing profiteers and corporate lobbyists. This is based only in fact. Cold hard documented fact.

Quote:

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given is the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.
-Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC

And yet the soldier who makes a difference between the right and wrong orders, which ones are lawful and within the confines of any armed conflict and which ones are morally, ethicly and legally questionable to his commanders are usually crucified, publicly ridiculed by government media propaganda and submitted to years and sometimes the rest of thier lives to government captivity.

The soldier has no rights, no free speech and is not allowed to think for themselves to make moral decisions. So let's not wave that flag and parade around blowing the bagpipes shall we.

This will no doubt get this topic locked. My apologies in advance.

Email kenetiks   Goto the website of kenetiks
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-09-14 22:09   
Duty, honor, country: Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be. They are your rallying point to build courage when courage seems to fail, to regain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, to create hope when hope becomes forlorn.
-General of the Army Douglas McArthur

MainDarkmaster*P3*
Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-17 19:41   
Trying to think of one from COD2. "War is always started by the old but the young must die for it," Some guy i forgot.

Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-17 21:06   
Quote:

On 2006-09-14 21:09, kenetiks wrote:
There is only a certain set of circumstances worth war. Nothing within the last 60 or so years has even come close to one glimmer of excuse for it. The rest is murder and being a pompass giant police force for overbearing profiteers and corporate lobbyists. This is based only in fact. Cold hard documented fact.

Is that a quote? It doesn't really sound like one, but I wouldn't doubt it...

Powered by Stormtroopers and Red Shirts

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-10-04 12:08   
Quote:

Quote:

So I have been in the Air Force for a couple of months and I have come to know a few quotes that I rather like. Those who are or were in the military may enjoy them.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than hiumself.
-John Stuart Mill

Quote:

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given is the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

And yet the soldier who makes a difference between the right and wrong orders, which ones are lawful and within the confines of any armed conflict and which ones are morally, ethicly and legally questionable to his commanders are usually crucified, publicly ridiculed by government media propaganda and submitted to years and sometimes the rest of thier lives to government captivity.

The soldier has no rights, no free speech and is not allowed to think for themselves to make moral decisions. So let's not wave that flag and parade around blowing the bagpipes shall we.

Spoken like someone thats leads a free and easy life thanks to the protection and determination of troops, that he is to ungrateful to thank and honor for their sacrafice.

Email thundercat984
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-10-04 16:23   
Quote:

On 2006-10-04 12:08, thundercat{recruiting} wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

-John Stuart Mill

Quote:

Spoken like someone thats leads a free and easy life thanks to the protection and determination of troops, that he is to ungrateful to thank and honor for their sacrafice.

I'd start running.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-04 16:35   
People die for me so I can sit here and type that they die for me, and be free for what I do.

and for that, they should be treated and honored with the upmost respect.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-04 20:50   
"Freedom is not free, it has a price"

Email GothThug {C?}
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-10-06 00:35   
“When a man has strong qualities of leadership, but is of low moral character, there is always the danger that is subordinates will be influenced by his bad characteristics, to the detriment of the leader and of the group. But if the leader is a man of strong qualities of leadership and high moral character, he will endure and he will achieve better results.”
-Edgar F. Puryear Jr.

Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2006-10-06 15:10   

Email Ramius
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-10-06 15:12   
Scarily familiar...

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-10-07 17:50   
"when is my ETS date?" -me

good quote for currently enlisted Army people. and they will know what i mean.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Depthcharge
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-07 18:46   
In my opinion, every person should have a term of service in the military, such as what happened in Roman times.

This will give everyone an appreciation of all that is done and what life is really like without a military.

All of those not in the military i ask you to reevaluate yourselves and do not condone someone such as Kenetiks, he has reasons for believing what he does, if you were in the Army you would see some of the things he said.

History Is Written By The Victors

Email Depthcharge   Goto the website of Depthcharge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.228980 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR