Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » K'ulth kulth we have the short end
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author K'ulth kulth we have the short end
buzzcoxss (Artisen Anitomical)
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-09-12 08:35   
The main reason im posting all this is b/c we have the short end of the stick like allways why i do not know. But this time we got screwd and the only thing that will stop all this is 484 to come out now im not saying to unsub but start crying about all this so we can get the damn 484 out now this is getting old and im tired of the combat prz being so dumb. if it dont come out tone down the flux and bring 482 back

[ This Message was edited by: buzzcoxs {Recruiting} on 2006-09-12 08:38 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-12 08:38   
oh yes buzz, and have the same goshdamn problems this version had? no thanx bud, i'd rather wait forever for this patch to come out THEN TO GIVE UP ON WAITING AND HAVING ANOTHER SCREWED UP MESSED UP, PLAYER BASE WASTING AWAY PATCH LIKE 483! i am not supporting buzz on this, the impatience is driving me INSANE!

and i believe the grand admin said, NO MORE ROLLBACKS! ugh,

Email GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-09-12 08:40   
GOth in all hosnty u hate the mirvers and this would stop them a lil bit so go with it. and there would be more combat prz so its all good NOW GET 484

Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-09-12 08:43   
[quote]
On 2006-09-12 08:38, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
the impatience is driving me INSANE!

now now they say 2weeks every mounth now im tired of waiting

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-12 08:47   
i dont hate mirvers, i just hate the effects the mirvs do, sure i took advantage of it 9-10 times, big whoop, but im not as bad as the top 100 bombing squad lol anyways, since this patch came out, i've lost alot of good kluth friends, gained some new ones, but nothing compares to the friendships i've made back in 480..

im gonna miss Killa, Hussaro, Enforc3r, coombie, Darksworde, Captain Caveman, and the great queen Quistis

this is a cry for help guys, come back please you guys leaving is hurting this game and faustus, dont do this...the more help he has the better and im speaking from experience....like my father told me work with what we have not what we dont have and suck it up

come back guys i miss you we all miss you

Email GothThug {C?}
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-09-12 10:11   
Quote:

On 2006-09-12 08:38, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
oh yes buzz, and have the same goshdamn problems this version had? no thanx bud, i'd rather wait forever for this patch to come out THEN TO GIVE UP ON WAITING AND HAVING ANOTHER SCREWED UP MESSED UP, PLAYER BASE WASTING AWAY PATCH LIKE 483! i am not supporting buzz on this, the impatience is driving me INSANE!

and i believe the grand admin said, NO MORE ROLLBACKS! ugh,

482 had a mirv problem or something? never knew...

Lupino
Cadet

Posted: 2006-09-12 10:22   
K'luth whining about something....some things never change I guess.

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-12 15:35   
I think buzz and goth are the same person. Just alter ego's battling each other...

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Fleet Admiral Busby
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-12 15:41   
I........nvm ill just say something stupid...

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-12 15:44   
Top 100 Bombing squad? About 99.3% of the 'Top 100 Bombing Squad' can beat you in any aspect of the game, without even trying.

Email Supertrooper
Placebo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-12 19:42   
Quote:

On 2006-09-12 15:35, Smartin wrote:
I think buzz and goth are the same person. Just alter ego's battling each other...

Battling each other with poor grammar.

Daedalus Bum
Marshal

Posted: 2006-09-13 06:57   
Plz stop whining about this version and saying em to get the 484 out now. Cause if they do that it means we will get a version out again with alots of bugs and exploits. Just let em make it good and balanced as possible.

Just be patient and wait, if you dont like this version then unsubscribe and go to Hawai and come back after a couples of months and check if it out if not then take a longer break and check back again, and keep doing this untill its out

Else i cant give any better hints how to work it out. And if you think its easy to just make a game why dont you make a better one then

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-13 11:37   
Quote:

On 2006-09-12 19:42, Placebo wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-09-12 15:35, Smartin wrote:

Battling each other with poor grammar.

Comes back with kids watch.
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-14 08:42   
When i look at it I can see that the Kluth have things that the others would like to have. Eg. cloaking for starters.

I am starting to think that some people are using the problems in this version as an excuse as to why they arent as good at playing the game as some other people, and no matter what version they bring out if your not good your just not good.

Being in the software development field I know just how hard it can be sometimes to get things just right so the product you release is as bug free as is possible and so it is balanced for everyone that uses it.

Old versions of this game were good so I hear but thats just what they are old versions and the dev's would have to be crazy to roll back the game, and even if they did its not going to bring back the old days, they are history.

As for mirving well every day I see people doing it and hey I've done it myself but to keep on complaining about it won't change anything, I guess the biggest problem I can see with some people who mirv is that they do it and move on leaving the system destroyed with nothing in it, maybe they could make changes that you dont get the pres for mirving or any bombing until you rebuild then you get the pres for both at the same time

People lets just get into the game and have some fun because thats what I thought the game was all about, please correct me if i am wrong as I have been known to be wrong 6 or 7 times in my life time

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-14 10:06   
While we're at it, i'll throw in my 2 cents..

I believe faster patch cycles could solve the main issues this game is having. By that i don't mean premature releases (this current version /is/ one, by the way), but smaller and more realistic changes.

The reason all those good people left and (obvious personal reasons aside) all those other (sometimes also good) people complain is tied to the fact that this game's seen a /lot/ of complete turnovers in its game design. The poorly planned rewrite did a lot, as well.

The current mirv problem is the result of a (now) blatantly obvious bug. Notice that if you stream mirv, the damage radius and effect is a lot smaller for the same amount of bombs. What i assume happens is that there's some kind of overflow, an overproportional increase in damage radius and (consequently) damage dealt when several bombs explode in the same request cycle or whatever you would call it. (I've got no clue of DS's internals)

That could be hotfixed no doubt. A slight increase in combat prestige (just factor something like 1.2 to damage dealt) could silence the "combat sucks" crowd without risking a turnover. All to the effect of rising subscriber numbers.

Instead what we have in beta is the n-th near complete re-design of game system key features. This kind of thing proved to be a playerbase killer every time it happened, which is also obvious when you think about it from a gamer's point of view. It's also cleary a shot in your own foot if you're trying to reach a stable, balanced state. Much, much smaller iterations are needed to achieve that.
Picking just one rather small detail, why are core weapons removed from dreads again? I don't see them being a problem in the game at all.

While all that may be true and valid, it's also true that this is not purely a business venture. It's also Faustus' pet project. He should, however, in his own interest, try not to lose sight of the business part..

PS.: Smaller iterations were a problem in the past, too.. Remember the quest of the Flux Wave to find its slot, resulting in nearly everything from flux scouts to flux ACs at some point? Well, that just goes to show that a better method to do things can not replace thinking the same things over before implementation.

[ This Message was edited by: sono on 2006-09-14 10:44 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.042004 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR