Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » IMPORTANT: READ ME
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author IMPORTANT: READ ME
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-21 17:06   
I have had to explain this to several ICC players already today, but I guess i will have to explain it to everyone now, although some of you I am sure already know this.

The admins see no problem with the bombing situation, because it is a perfectly legal way to play. And this is true, but we have to look at the larger issue.

The fact that the MV CONSTANTLY lays in ruin is costing the game many paying players. Some of which are old players that are just fed up, and others are noobs that dont see the action.

See, We havent had a shipyard that stood for more than a couple hours in almost a month. People cant get to combat ships larger than gate-level unless they are already logged. This is supposed to be a space combat game, and yet there is no combat. Just bombers that flee at the first sight of opposition and return 20 minutes later.

MANY players here play for the space combat, and have no interest in long, boring hours of building and building again, and then... sure enough, building again. A new player, on his 14 day trial decided NOT to sub his account because in all his trial he only saw bombing and building and was looking for some action filled combat.

Even, a long-time player, No71171 has finally bailed on the game, and just yesterday set up an EvE account. He got tired of losing all his spare time rebuilding too.

Now, YES, we know that bombing gets those pres points fast and gets that big rank quickly, but its not about the rank. its about playing the game.

The point is that you guys are chasing off players in droves, and this is really bad, because when it comes down to it, if our playerbase gets much smaller, they wont be able to afford to keep the servers running anymore. DarkSpace will cease to exist. What good will your fast-made big rank be if the game doesnt exist anymore?

So, just stop bombing so much, or at least have the courtisy to rebuild afterward, or use neutron bombs.

ALSO, i would like to (for these same reasons) ask the admins to declare home systems No-Bomb zones. I mean, combat sure, but just make it illegal to bomb there. There is nothing to be gained by bombing home systems and there is still plenty more MV out there to bomb with them off limits.

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman *FM* on 2006-09-21 17:46 ]

BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)
Cadet

Posted: 2006-09-21 17:17   
I Agree this is ott and has to stop and the way guyton just WH's ppl to locations and they nuke an entire system is ott mirving is ok in moderation like most things but ye this is over the top i hope something is done
"03:01:01 Rogue Spear: When i first read Squad Broken, i thought Squad Broken was actually Rev's life story"

Email BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)   Goto the website of BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)
Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2006-09-21 17:24   
aye, i full heartily agree......people keep abusing the system for their own gain, which i believe is considered exploiting.......despite the fact that bombing does indeed gain prestige, and is a legal activity, but come on, not even letting the faction rebuild anything????? not cool

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-21 17:54   
once again another good post kan, but you see people like guyton will bomb you all just to spite you no lie, 1.483 is the patch of the bomber, combat is a thing of the past, and like so many vets out there i'd like to actually get in combat without the fear of being owned just because i get called a sissy builder, problem is....they wont listen, this post is falling on blind eyes, admins are blind to our pain, face it, DS is dying......and its no use to try to stop a bomber from bombing because well lets face it they take advantage of the fact that we cannot scan them from over a certain GU amount and we let them get away with "murder" so to speak....question is..how do you chase off a bomber that you dont even know is in a far away system when the zone doesnt even tell you its there..

6 weeks ago i saw "Server: Enemy Detected at such and such planet" now it doesnt even say that, sure it'll say it when yer in the same system but that is it. now all i see is "Distress: Planet is being attacked or Invaded" I for one am sick and tired of Getting Empty building pres and its feeding the bomber brats. anyways thats my 2 cents

Email GothThug {C?}
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-21 19:27   
i agree.. hense why i stoped playing as much, granted i love building but jeez.. not every time i log in

Email Borgie
Zepher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-21 19:31   
one of the things i find that really disturbs me that none of the members of palestar staff have realized or at least i am not aware of is yes we are loosing people who hate bomber whores and harlets but what about the people that are bombing. the reason we are so mad at them is there pres gain right. someone talked about how mad they are about how joe or tom bombed there way right up to FA in 6 months. if you want to gain more money our of people, make them play longer, only makes sence.

Email Zepher
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-21 20:36   
Quote:

On 2006-09-21 17:06, Kanman *FM* wrote:
I have had to explain this to several ICC players already today, but I guess i will have to explain it to everyone now, although some of you I am sure already know this.

Tell UGTO this too, as well as K'luth. Everyone bombs.
Quote:

The admins see no problem with the bombing situation, because it is a perfectly legal way to play. And this is true, but we have to look at the larger issue.

What issue? That the majority of players cannot get it past that the Admins do not see this as abusing any bug, or cheating the system?

Quote:
The fact that the MV CONSTANTLY lays in ruin is costing the game many paying players. Some of which are old players that are just fed up, and others are noobs that dont see the action.

You know, this isnt the first version the MV has been bombed constantly like this, although it was a time where bombing didnt produce this much prestige. It's basicaly the same whine that we had with .482 Flux, when the people using flux whined about it.

Quote:
See, We havent had a shipyard that stood for more than a couple hours in almost a month. People cant get to combat ships larger than gate-level unless they are already logged. This is supposed to be a space combat game, and yet there is no combat. Just bombers that flee at the first sight of opposition and return 20 minutes later.

Thats how it's been for all the factions, although, the UGTO did have majority control of the MV less then a month ago, as well did the K'luth, and the ICC. How did this all happen? Each Faction Mirved, not just one, but all.

Quote:
MANY players here play for the space combat, and have no interest in long, boring hours of building and building again, and then... sure enough, building again. A new player, on his 14 day trial decided NOT to sub his account because in all his trial he only saw bombing and building and was looking for some action filled combat.

Yes, this is a space combat game, but combat isnt the only aspect. Players can choose to be bombers, builders, traders, and supplies. Not just combat. It's tough for people who dont like to build, yeah, but there are those players who love to build. It's also tough for the new player, who should have spent the majority of his time in the Newbie and Admiral, where combat is alot more constant.

Quote:
Even, a long-time player, No71171 has finally bailed on the game, and just yesterday set up an EvE account. He got tired of losing all his spare time rebuilding too.

I'll point out, No71171 did bomb, constantly. No offense towards him, but he is a reason why the K'luth, and ICC, have bombed the UGTO.

Quote:
Now, YES, we know that bombing gets those pres points fast and gets that big rank quickly, but its not about the rank. its about playing the game.

Isnt that what the bombers are doing? There just playing a video game.

Quote:
The point is that you guys are chasing off players in droves, and this is really bad, because when it comes down to it, if our playerbase gets much smaller, they wont be able to afford to keep the servers running anymore. DarkSpace will cease to exist. What good will your fast-made big rank be if the game doesnt exist anymore?

I dont believe there have been that many players who've unsubbed. I know of a few who do not play, or log in, yet are still subbed. Players may leave, but they still stay subbed to help the game. Darkspace will exist for a good time longer, due to the dedicated fanbase it has. Bombing wont be the death of Darkspace.

Quote:
So, just stop bombing so much, or at least have the courtisy to rebuild afterward, or use neutron bombs.

Players can bomb how they choose, and how much they want. Just because you, or anyone else, doesnt like it make them have to stop. Alot of players have rebuilt, but only to be mirved/fighter bombed by the other factions.

Quote:
ALSO, i would like to (for these same reasons) ask the admins to declare home systems No-Bomb zones. I mean, combat sure, but just make it illegal to bomb there. There is nothing to be gained by bombing home systems and there is still plenty more MV out there to bomb with them off limits.

Home systems will not be made Safe-Zones, unless the faction hasnt had a planet for more then a day. Even then, it's rare they'll do it. There is actualy many things gained by bombing home systems, such as lowering the enemies morale, and boosting your factions.

Yeah, bombing isnt exactly the funnest thing this version. But it's been like this with every version, and almost every other game. There is always one thing that pisses off the players who dont do/use/get it.

Email Supertrooper
Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Admiral, I can't read,
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-09-21 22:30   
Uhhhh... Deja view?

Darkspace: Twilight

Goto the website of Coeus {NCX-Charger}
Jammy Pajamies
Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-22 02:06   
...crim...seems like ur demoting DS?u know,kanmans right.ugto dont have shields.ugto dont have cloaking devices or automated repair.they were meant to be the most balanced,and the 2nd most damage dealing faction(weapons wise),but icc ships have bout the same amount of weapons,yet they also have shielding.kluth get tons of weapons,and,so far,i have seen nothing bad coming out of them.but ugto...ugto is a dying race,more ugto"vets"are leaving than new comers arrive.i personally have given up hope with maintaining ugto,and for one reason---its literally suicide.if u go fight off a bomber,chances are high that you are the only ugto on,and that when u start attacking,enemy reiforcments will most likely show up.so defending...not so good.bombing-ugto are balanced,but 3(4?) ecms wont last you more than 900 gu into the planets missle range....starting to rant.

N-H out.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-22 08:16   
Nighthawks right

Email GothThug {C?}
buzzcoxss (Artisen Anitomical)
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-09-22 08:37   
well i got one thing to say

IT's part of the game people if u cant handle it start diffending ur systems instead of mirving in hate diff whats urs 1st why do u think the icc have so much. b/c we diff and bomb when the time is right so start diff and stop crying come on epoeple think of all the comabt prz ull get diff ur systems

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-22 09:44   
I think the current situation could be helped by the early production of a temporary 1.484 MV. Just hurry 1.484 up and fix the basic upgrade/planet glitches and we can have oursleves a verson with bombing fixed. At the same time for people who love to nuke the 1.483 mv will stay up.

As 1.484 gets improved the 1.484 mv would be improved along with it.

HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-22 10:00   
The bottom line is that people who play the game can play it anyway they want to as long as its within the ROC. I have been gone not because of bombers but because of real reasons outside the MV, as soon as i can see myself clear of those i will be back to sub and play again. I log in when ever i can to see what is going on in DS and was sorta surpised to see people still whining over bombers.

1. new patch will eventualy get here, it should clear alot of this up.
2. if you dont like bombers kick them out your fleets.
3. if there is a fleetless bomb whore, dont support him no matter how easy a kill the defender is. your just as bad as the guy you hate for bombing if you protect him.
4. and most important remember its a game, no game out there has people who play just the way you want them to and DS is no exception.

Enjoy what you can, kill the bombers you hate and dont blame them if they out run, out smart or out hide you. Space is a big place and its easy to hide in it.

Flame ON!
HaVoX

Email HaVoX
Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2006-09-22 10:00   
I agree with so much of what has been written.

I don;t mind building a planet or 2 but to find system after system nuked is wrong.

Buzzcoxx - its fine to say defend your system but with what - without SYs you can't get good ships. A lot of players have left and although they may be subbed will they renew there sub?

1.484 has been 2 weeks ago for a long time now. Palestar must now either release it quickly - i.e. a genuine 2 weeks.

Or tweak some of the variables to make this patch better.

We can help force Palestars hand here by all agreeing to unsub at the next opportunity if these aren't done. We are palestars customers - and the customer is king. I know F doesn't want to release 1.484 in an unfinished state but he has to to do something to save his game.

We can also help end the mirving. I know some poeple will always MIRV but you don;t have to defend them if they are attacked.

Eagleranger
Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-22 10:06   
please understand i dont usually reply to threads like these why ive been around darkspace since 2002 and there are always threads where people think this is unbalanced and this is wrong and that is wrong go to eve-online same there.

there is a old saying "you can please some of the people some of time ,most of the people most of the time ,but you cant please all the people all the time.

with this being said bombing is legal yes ive nuetron up intill last night since comming back to ds i have lost more pres due to changes in the combat pres and such i should have been to fa along time ago but i didnt focus on pres this is how i see it if i want to bomb i bomb, if i want to build i build, if i want to supply i supply, if i want to fight i fight I PAY FOR MY SUBSCRIPTION NO ONE ELSE, SO I PLAY THE WAY I WANT AS LONG AS ITS PART OF THE GAME ! i am one of the few pilots that fly modded ships not hybrids (such as the missle dred with all fusion torps) i neut if i dont plan to rebuild or some one in the fleet isnt going to build thats just how it is and ill mirv if i plan to rebuild so i get both pres for bombing and building NOW IF ANYONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH THIS ,,,,,,,,,,,TOUGH ,,,,,,,,TILL YOU START PAYING FOR MY SUBSCRIPION DONT BE SO ARROGANT AS TO TELL ME NOT TO USE A LEGAL GAME MECHANIC TO BUILD MY ACCOUNT

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024876 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR