Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » IMPORTANT: READ ME
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author IMPORTANT: READ ME
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-22 20:10   
Did I say Kanman was telling people not to bomb? Na sur!

Email Supertrooper
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2006-09-22 20:32   
Whoa.. Ent hits nothing but net twice from the three point line...

Ent 6 - DS Mirvers 0...

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-09-22 20:32   
Page 3. Godwin's Law now in effect.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-22 20:39   
Quote:

On 2006-09-22 20:32, Rocko Willis wrote:
Whoa.. Ent hits nothing but net twice from the three point line...

Ent 6 - DS Mirvers 0...

Concur.

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-22 20:45   
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH................................. Ive been keeping up my sub hoping that "maybe just maybe" they would put out a new patch, and upgrade there slow leaky server. It seems though, that things are getting worse, Now on top of "JD bug, extra slots, death causing lag, and a number of smaller bugs" I have to deal with all of this whining. Play the way you want but keep in mind that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, that being people leaving DS. I am not reffering to bombing specificly but it is a large factor, mostly because this patch promotes nuking for pres. I'm not seeing combat and I'm seeing far to much building, the MV has become unballanced, not towards any specific faction, just that theres bomb whores EVERYWHERE all the time. UGTO, ICC and K'Luth. Ive been here for 6 or 7 months but I am only 1st RA.... Why??? Because I focus on combat which takes forever to gain pres. Sure I could have 40,000+ pres if I was a system nuker. And thats my point It may be in the RoC but if people are only doing it for pres and not for any practical applications "just nuke and move on". This IS a clear EXPLOIT.

This will probably be my last month subbed, I'll check back in 6 months "If DS is still alive".

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-22 21:35   
and Reeves hits the nail on the head too, wow, kanman we both are getting support for our anti-mirv campaign!

Email GothThug {C?}
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-22 21:49   
campaign? i was just asking people to tone it down a bit.... but sure, make a crusade of it..... whatever works.

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-22 22:06   
I must agree with at least 1 point of your msg and that doesnt mean I dony agree with the others its just the one I would like to see happen first off if nothing else happens.

I was originally UGTO but due to the fact that it was impossible to keep our ship yard in our home system going for more than 60 minutes I decided to go to the ICC, I'm not going to go into the they do this or he always does that game because it will just end up in a well they do it so I should be able to do it also.

My highest pres is in building I have nearly nothing in combat and up to a bronze in bombing and I spend or used to spend 97% of my time re-building the home system just so I could get my ship out only to have it destroyed again before I was able to finish building and get it out.

I haven't been playing his game for very long, I think it is about 2 months give or take a couple of weeks and I have seen the usual daily player base go from always over 30 - 40 in the MV to lucky if it hits 20.

Being in the software development game I know that unless the player base at the very least stops dropping the cost of running these servers is not going to be worth keeping them open, now I don't know Faustus or however you spell his name but I am pretty sure he isn't going to just throw his money into nothing.

Anyway me I'm still learning this game and I must say that I can see it has a very great potential to be a game that many people will want to be a part of, and yes I know now there are going o be the people who say wait until 484 comes out, the way things are going there won't be a 484 cause there won't be a DS.

Anyway hopefully we can all do something rather than nothing and help make DS the game it can be.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-09-23 07:55   
Quote:

On 2006-09-22 20:10, Crim wrote:
Did I say Kanman was telling people not to bomb? Na sur!

Ah, but you did say you were supporting people's right to bomb. That means that you took it from Kanman that he was proposing peoples right not to bomb.

Therefore, people can draw alot out of that. So no getting technical on that horrible basis on the technicality it wasn't written in words, but it was more than insinuated.

Because, if your defending people's right to bomb, what exactly, are you defending it from other than someone saying they dont want people to bomb anymore?

-Ent

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-23 11:38   
Heh, now let me Enlighten some of you ignorant players on why so many players have high bombing pres and some of the old vets who were about to do it but i kindly asked them not too....

1. Roger: clan S.W: Rank: Fleet Admiral - He wanted to go on a mirving spree as soon as he resubbed...Why? because he enjoys exploiting bugs and i told him not to do that..he hasnt been back sense

2. Riley!: Clan S.W: Rank: Fleet Admiral - He told me he's been Fleet Admiral for 4 years and is tired of being an FA plus he gets to use the nifty new stations set at GA rank (Example A.)

3. Antoni: Clan None: Rank: GA (80% of pres gained this version from bombing) Why does he do it? because he loves bombing this patch cause its "easy"

4. Vampire FX: Clan None: rank: FA (90% of pres gained this patch too bombing) To Quote him I asked him why he bombs so much and he says "because i want big ship to own people with"

Alot of players Old and New have Abused this Bug this patch..why? Easy Rank and lazyness...except the vets have gone and the newbies are here still bombing up the ranks and think they're getting away with murder but i have a feeling they arent its a gut feeling i have...So if you bombers that have bombed yer way up the ranks because you think 484 is gonna put the kabosh on bombing? Think again, there is gonna be some sort of Consquence that is gonna happen too indescriminate bombers. what, i dont know tho is the question lol.

As For me, I know you all said that since i cant do combat this patch i should take advantage of darkspace's weaknesses uhm well thats wrong, in my eyes you all should be stripped of rank for blatent abuse of a bombing bug that coulda been Quickfixed but no, why bother trying to communicate this to the admins, because next patch all the newbs who bombed their way to FA/GA will have some fighting Experience in bigger ships before 484..that is not acceptable,,i would prefer it if they were stripped of rank from mass bombing but whatever its not gonna happen

Email GothThug {C?}
thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-09-23 11:43   
Whats the point to this thread? Does anyone here think guyton or sheng will stop mirving all? Does any one who has posted here think they have convinced even one mirver to change their ways? This game is set-up to be a bomber dominated game. I mean come on take the kluth, cloacked bombers that can use ecm to hide the already low sig bombs? Ugto a bomber crusier is just about what it should be but a cd can own any kluth planets without even getting a scratch. Then there is the icc ,the home of noobs and whores where the whole faction is based on bombers. i mean they have bombing tranny,scout, dessy, crusier, carrier, bomber dread and lets not forget the old icc stand by of missle cruiser with psms for those mirv whores in disguise such as well no use naming any one since its dang near all of them. Who in the world decieded it would be smart to give the only faction with a decent mirv defence(shield) a whole slew of mirv capable ships any way?
Thats like giving one guy a sword and the other a sword and a gun, then expecting the one with the gun to fight fair and not use the gun. Get real ppl you may stop the casual mirver but none of the whores and if you can't stop them then you may as well not even try becuse after seeing the pres they get it makes others want to do it as well.

Email thundercat984
Nemain
Cadet

Posted: 2006-09-23 12:18   
Quote:

On 2006-09-23 11:38, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
Heh, now let me Enlighten some of you ignorant players on why so many players have high bombing pres and some of the old vets who were about to do it but i kindly asked them not too....

Who is ignorant here? Also arrogant I might add. Ignorance + arrogance = stupidity.. remember that
You, by not accepting the fact that bombing is not against the RoC, are ignorant. And by posting all these pointless threads, are arrogant.

Quote:

1. Roger: clan S.W: Rank: Fleet Admiral - He wanted to go on a mirving spree as soon as he resubbed...Why? because he enjoys exploiting bugs and i told him not to do that..he hasnt been back sense

Bombing is not a bug, it is a part of the game. Sure, it is easy, but you need to learn to deal with it and live your own life rather than try to control others'

Quote:

2. Riley!: Clan S.W: Rank: Fleet Admiral - He told me he's been Fleet Admiral for 4 years and is tired of being an FA plus he gets to use the nifty new stations set at GA rank (Example A.)

If he wants to get to a higher rank by bombing, thats his choice. It is PART OF THE GAME.

Quote:

3. Antoni: Clan None: Rank: GA (80% of pres gained this version from bombing) Why does he do it? because he loves bombing this patch cause its "easy"

Some people dont want a challenge. If you want a challenge, do something other than bomb, but let them live their life.

Quote:

4. Vampire FX: Clan None: rank: FA (90% of pres gained this patch too bombing) To Quote him I asked him why he bombs so much and he says "because i want big ship to own people with"

If he wants a big ship, he can get it any way he wants(thats not against RoC). In real life, you know you would take the easiest way to get into the car and the house you always wanted.

Quote:

Alot of players Old and New have Abused this Bug this patch..why? Easy Rank and lazyness...except the vets have gone and the newbies are here still bombing up the ranks and think they're getting away with murder but i have a feeling they arent its a gut feeling i have...So if you bombers that have bombed yer way up the ranks because you think 484 is gonna put the kabosh on bombing? Think again, there is gonna be some sort of Consquence that is gonna happen too indescriminate bombers. what, i dont know tho is the question lol.

Yet again IT IS NOT A BUG!!! If bombing prestige is nerfed, oh well. They will find another way to gain prestige quickly. And you know what? You will still complain because nothing is good enough for you.

Quote:

As For me, I know you all said that since i cant do combat this patch i should take advantage of darkspace's weaknesses uhm well thats wrong, in my eyes you all should be stripped of rank for blatent abuse of a bombing bug that coulda been Quickfixed but no, why bother trying to communicate this to the admins, because next patch all the newbs who bombed their way to FA/GA will have some fighting Experience in bigger ships before 484..that is not acceptable,,i would prefer it if they were stripped of rank from mass bombing but whatever its not gonna happen

Stripped of rank for playing the way the game is meant to be played? Sure, a lot of people dont like the bombing in this patch. I don't either, but it is not your choice to tell them they cannot bomb. Do what you want, but let everyone live their life, and stop worrying about them. Worry about yourself and why you care so much about what they do.

This is a small form of discrimination.. you do not like the way a certain group of people do something, so you hate them and try to change them to how you are. You need to learn to accept people for who they are and what they do. It is well within the boundaries of the rules, thus they have every right that you do.

[ This Message was edited by: Nemain on 2006-09-23 12:18 ]
16:38:19 [-Merc-]Nemain: \"Faustus, you are my hero *hugs* lol\"
16:38:48 [Admin]Faustus: \"lol... thanks nemain\"

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-23 12:26   
Okay, Darkspace was meant to be a combat game NOT A BOMBING GAME! geeze, and nemain, Bombing wasnt meant to level all planets, hense the bug, The Bug itself is the threshold glitch, which is exploited time and time and time again! so therefore IT IS A BUG! AND THE ONLY FRACKING REASON WHY THESE FOOLS KEEP DOING IT IS BECAUSE WE'RE weak and helpless and cowering at the bombers feet and asking them nicely to not bomb so much, yet they stomp all over us and keep doing it...Why? because its easy pres, and believe me, if i wanted too stoop the level of trashyness and mirv my way to GA i would but you know why i dont? its a thing called Class and Honor something you fools dont even know about

Email GothThug {C?}
Nemain
Cadet

Posted: 2006-09-23 12:31   
Quote:

On 2006-09-23 12:26, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:
Okay, Darkspace was meant to be a combat game NOT A BOMBING GAME! geeze, and nemain, Bombing wasnt meant to level all planets, hense the bug, The Bug itself is the threshold glitch, which is exploited time and time and time again! so therefore IT IS A BUG! AND THE ONLY FRACKING REASON WHY THESE FOOLS KEEP DOING IT IS BECAUSE WE'RE weak and helpless and cowering at the bombers feet and asking them nicely to not bomb so much, yet they stomp all over us and keep doing it...Why? because its easy pres, and believe me, if i wanted too stoop the level of trashyness and mirv my way to GA i would but you know why i dont? its a thing called Class and Honor something you fools dont even know about

If it was a bug, DS would post it in the bugs section... It is not a bug

Darkspace is not a combat game. It is bombing, building, supply, scout, and combat.

Class and honor is based on what personal views you have. On the streets, a person that can hold his own has honor and a person that knows how to hustle is usually the one that has class. Though to the people who have money and dont have to live on the streets, none of them have class or honor... It is all PERSPECTIVE
16:38:19 [-Merc-]Nemain: \"Faustus, you are my hero *hugs* lol\"
16:38:48 [Admin]Faustus: \"lol... thanks nemain\"

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-23 12:33   
Quote:

On 2006-09-23 11:38, Twisted GothThug {C?} wrote:

Both of them can beat you in combat without blinking an eye-lash. Just because they bombed, doesnt mean their terrible people for doing so. Since when did pressing the B button become a bug to exploit? Dont think so. Also.. Wherent you all buddy-buddy with Riley? Now your Insulting him? Friendship must be high on your priority list.

Quote:

Antoni can beat you in combat too, easily. He's also been bombing for a good time, NOT just this patch. He isnt bombing for prestige, and you just said so. He finds it fun and easy, so he'll do it as he pleases.

Quote:

Indescriminate bombers? I havent seen any of those laltley. I have seen, how ever, bombers going system by system, capturing planets for their faction, along with gaining prestige for themselves. There is not Indescriminate bombing, each planet gained helps the faction. There will be no punishment to bombers, because they havent done anything wrong. They may not have the most combat experience, but they will be able to handle themselves next version.

Quote:

This is typicaly you, Goth. You dont like how someone has found a good way to work up prestige, and your jealous of that. You want them to be stripped of their rank, because it's held up by a stat thats over half of their other stats, right? Take a look at your engineering stats, Jacks combat stats, Dorans supply stats. If something like that where to happen, you'd have to be fair to everyone and strip them of their rank too.

Email Supertrooper
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.015967 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR