Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The only opinion that counts.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author The only opinion that counts.
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-09-24 16:27   
*shrug* Spent too much time defending a broken game, might as well admit what it is & keep going.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-09-24 16:36   
Quote:

On 2006-09-24 01:41, [3RAR] jackocomp [Fleets R Over-Rated] wrote:
I cant help but ask , why dont all you people get together and try to work out a way to promote the game so that the player base begins to grow rather than continues to shrink?

I can understand the problems that are going on and it isnt hard to ask when the next patch or update is going to be released, but lets be real no matter what the next patch or update is the game very urgently needs more players.

And I cant help but ask but in addition to your comment that we get together and find out a way to promote the game; I see that you havent given any examples of what we could do?

Once more we find ourselves with one of those things that looks good on paper but doesnt quite work out well when you think about it.

Personnally, the only thing we could possibly do is advertuse but how - or why - would we advertise something that is imperfected and at the moment, the greater cause of the playerbase shrinking? Only part of the reason is people fighting each other, but its also worth noting to take a close look at a game that is essentially wonderful fun - if the flaws were worked out.

Its time to understand that only we as a playerbase have limited power over the game itself. We may be a loyal, better community than most (albeit it could be better if we got rid of all the idiots; hint hint to moderators) but that doesnt change that game is bugggered at the moment.

So...we wait for F. And we wait for him to fix the game. Which may be soon.

Or in Two Weeks™

-Ent

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-24 17:34   
ooh nice sig ent

Email Borgie
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2006-09-25 12:23   
The game IS screwed up (would of been more explicit but it wont post it ) so why lie about it.In its current state,I wouldnt adviertise it for a one year subscription ,it sucks that bad and more.But I keep coming back...because I have a dream of what it was and could (have) be (been).

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-26 02:20   
Quote:

On 2006-09-24 12:31, HaVoX wrote:
Well, my only point was was that F designs the game according to the vision he has for it, he does the time and the work

Theres a little story about that.

*hrm*

"Once there was a game, it was a fun game. People from all over Europe and US would come and play and enjoy one of the most fun Space-Action-infused-with-an-ounze-strategy games that was available, only real contender being Starfleet command wich lacked a good, working multiplayer mode.
The Fleet Admiral Server was available 24/7 and offered hours of fast paced action and fun with friends and foes alike. People still remember the days they jumped into their Assault Cruisers to stand up to the evergrowing UGTO Dread Fleet (oh... my EAD.. rest in peace.. :snif:).
Where Elite Assault Dreadnoughts stood firm against hidden Kluth destroyers just waiting for their chance and ICC Cruiser forces owned both alike was where the People were at home. Yes, there had been some minor problems but the People were happy and had loads of fun playing the game and bitching around in the forums.

The Metaverse was Compact but yet big enough to become the playfield for quite some engagements and was the source of never dying "NERF THIS! NERF THAT!" rants on the forum, giving all the forum lurkers yet another fun time flaming.

It has been a good time.
Then it happened: Shipyards, wormholes, ridiculous changes in ship setups, the absurd wish to turn DS into EVE.

Thats when the people left an where replaced by.... you.

end of story? Oh noo, there is still the faint light of hope flickering at the end of this dark and looooooooooooooooong tunnel."

I'll quote doom here: "His vision went there, the players went elsewhere."

[ This Message was edited by: EADalltorpsfrntplz on 2006-09-26 02:23 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-26 16:15   
we can just hope faustus can fix this game i miss 480 tho

Email GothThug {C?}
MainDarkmaster*P3*
Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-26 16:52   
Quote:

On 2006-09-24 04:49, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Oh come on guys. We all know that it's my decision that's final and that counts!

Counts to who not me for sure.

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-27 00:13   
Quote:

On 2006-09-26 16:52, [VA]MainDarkmaster wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-09-24 04:49, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Oh come on guys. We all know that it's my decision that's final and that counts!

Counts to who not me for sure.

Blasphemic.

burn him alive!

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-09-27 01:13   
shig just proved that his opinion is the only one that counts:P
nice mv edit:)

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-27 12:49   
Quote:

On 2006-09-26 02:20, EADalltorpsfrntplz wrote:
Then it happened: Shipyards, wormholes, ridiculous changes in ship setups, the absurd wish to turn DS into EVE.

You mean turn it into a popular and wildly successful game?

Email Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-27 22:56   
Quote:

On 2006-09-27 12:49, Tbone wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-09-26 02:20, EADalltorpsfrntplz wrote:

You mean turn it into a popular and wildly successful game?

Well, why play a half assed copy when i can play the real thing? (ahm.. actualy i DO play eve...)

Fact is: Darkspace was good the way it was. Fast paced action and loads of fun. <--- the game you play when you wanne see stuff blow up at an increased pace.

Eve is the game you play when the old elite/x desire of accumulating cash and ships for the collection gets you and you wanne have more strategic battles. (im not saying ds never had a strategy component inbattle, but it DID rely more on the players kill at the helm rather than the skill of knowing when to use what module to its fullest potential)

2 different starting points, and eve sure has the head start in terms of universe size and presentation (of course, since it was made for that from day one.)

Trying to turn Darkspace into eve is nothing less than a brainfart of cosmic proportions. It could even blow the sun into the next galaxy.

Who want's a second eve? I surely don't have a need for such a thing. (and i ain't gonna buy what i dont need)

But i need (rather want) Darkspace the way it was back then. Of course that might just be me.

[ This Message was edited by: Daimen on 2006-09-27 23:02 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.018476 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR