Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Truces and what do they really mean or stand for?
 Author Truces and what do they really mean or stand for?
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-25 02:12   
Last night while trying out a ship in the K'luth faction I was interupted by a message that came across the top left hand side of my screen telling me that these people or their Fleet currently had a truce with the UGTO and that I shouldn't attack/bomb or whatever any planets in the system I was in.

I am not going to say that I was hindered into doing what these people wanted, because had they tried to force or hinder me then I would have just went beserk in the system and bombed everything I possibly could.

What did upset me was the fact that just because joe bloggs fleet has a truce with another fleet or faction doesn't mean I have to go along with it. Last night I did just to save the peace but in the future it would be nice if I was asked if I would like to be a part of th truce. Anoter reason I didnt go on with it last night was because I was just trying out a K'luth ship and I may have missed the asking task if the peole involved did actually take th time to go around and ask.

Now from what I could see the UGTO was getting the short end of the sticlk in that truce anyway as unless I am wrong the K'luth now hold the biggest percentage of systems/planets in the MV.

Anyway I dont agree or disagree with people using truces to help each other but can I just ask that people have a bit of consideration for other people who may not want to be a part of the truce, because when it comes down to it a lot of people are paying to play this game and they should be able to do so in which ever way they want (within the ROC of course).

I know that this game really cant afford to loose to many more players, and if it does then my guess is that they owners might have to start to roll the whole thing back, and by using these truces may drive more people away than it will draw in.

Yeah I know I am probably going to be singled out now and hey who cares, this is yet another thing that is going on that is driving people away and the people that are doing it need to realise the consequences of what they are doing before it is too late and they don't have a game to drive people out of.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-09-25 04:59   
Quote:

Policy for Alliances
- Posted on January 12th, 2005 - 01:18 by Tael

Just because you want to have an Alliance with someone does not mean everyone on your team needs to abide by it. Acting against your own team could land you in hot water. Read and review the policy on Allegiances in the Staff Announcements forum...

Same applies to truces; directly taken from the News.

-Ent

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2006-09-25 12:30   
"If its red its dead " is a very good policy to follow.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)
Cadet

Posted: 2006-09-25 13:14   
simpa Fi
"03:01:01 Rogue Spear: When i first read Squad Broken, i thought Squad Broken was actually Rev's life story"

Email BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)   Goto the website of BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-09-25 17:15   
Truces are made to be broken.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-09-26 23:57   
Quote:

On 2006-09-25 17:15, Coeus [I want 480 back] wrote:
Truces are made to be broken.

Spoken like an icc

Email thundercat984
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-27 01:21   
basicly jacko what ent posted

Email Borgie
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-09-27 09:20   
Actually, I learned that one with finality when I was on GTN & we betrayed ICC and K'Luth then betrayed us.

I've since settled on the opinion that, in Darkspace, I (and while I'm senior active fleet admin, S.W) will not endorse or support in any way any treaty between the factions or fleets of different factions unless it is to prevent one single faction from ruling the entire MV.

Example, UGTO own all of ICC and K'Luth space except for their home systems - I would support a treaty with the K'Luth to push UGTO out of our clusters. As soon as the factions were reletively even again in terms of number of planets & systems owned, the treaty is dissolved.

Example of what I feel should NOT be supported in Darkspace - K'Luth and ICC make a treaty to destroy the UGTO - capture all their systems and camp their home cluster. I would take this oppertunity to capture Sirius to the best of my ability.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Page created in 0.014502 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR