Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » good and bad things about this game for 1.483
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author good and bad things about this game for 1.483
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-09-29 11:39   
alright lemme point out some of the things i hated from versions 1.481 and 1483.

Nuke mines
It happened so damn often that Nuke mines would cripple even a dread in well under 2 sec. its was hart breaking to sit there at 99% hull and being eaten away by a ship that would be dust.

IT Missiles.
The fact theyr damage/ammo was way to low. a good weapon IMO but way to unwieldy in that version.

ECM
Not sure about this one. some ppl would hate it other would love it.
mainly hated em cuz of Kluth. ECM forts were a pain. however this same system allowed for us to detect em if they got careless.

No SY.
flying from gate to battlefield could take ages. enough said.

Cloak
in 2 words.... HATE IT...
right now human factions have N O way of knowing if there are Kluth and cannot detect em unless they show themselves. alright ECCM pining works but only because of a code flaw * i think *
Beacons work miracles right now but still they need to decide to decloack b4 you even know theyr there.

Giving a faction the abillity to run around 100% safe from vision and no even slightly effective sensor abillity's is majorly unballancing. a fleet of transports can cloak run in a planets orbit and drop at the same time from point blank range.

Bombing
WEEEEE our favorite topic, no need to explain except - Right now no need for tactical bombing just let em hit the planet to wipe it. remember the old days where we would scout the planet for the power to weaken it. now that was bombing.

Factory
production time on items is insane..... 30 min for a jumpdrive? great if you want long wait lines, at least give us the option to add a "keep kaming this item" option for a factory.

Wormholes.
jump around the MV? how fun but whats the (tactical) use of jumpgates now? get rid of em pls.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all in all thats about it.

there are great things about the old version and this version. play beta and try to get it with all the goodies from the previous versions without the bad things

- Axi

Nemain
Cadet

Posted: 2006-09-29 12:10   
Quote:

Wormholes.
jump around the MV? how fun but whats the (tactical) use of jumpgates now? get rid of em pls.

Do you mean get rid of WHs or JG?
I assume WHs.. and if that is what you mean, I whole-heartedly agree!
16:38:19 [-Merc-]Nemain: \"Faustus, you are my hero *hugs* lol\"
16:38:48 [Admin]Faustus: \"lol... thanks nemain\"

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-29 13:39   
Actually, Axianda, there is ONE way to detect the Kluth while cloaked, other than ECCM pinging. And that is by using your ears. If you turn off the game background music and turn up the speakers, you can HEAR kluth ships around you. Then just fire a tag in that direction and they are done. takes practice and a lot of patience if they evade, but it keeps em running and off balance.

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-09-29 16:23   
ok thx

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-09-29 16:25   
ok thx

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2006-09-29 16:27   
Quote:

On 2006-09-29 13:39, Kanman *FM* wrote:
Actually, Axianda, there is ONE way to detect the Kluth while cloaked, other than ECCM pinging. And that is by using your ears. If you turn off the game background music and turn up the speakers, you can HEAR kluth ships around you. Then just fire a tag in that direction and they are done. takes practice and a lot of patience if they evade, but it keeps em running and off balance.

maybe but if i wanna play like that i would have joined the navy as a sonar operator

the old style was good although a bit weak for Kluth. at least we had a chance in a fleet to detect em and gave sensor boats a job as well

and yeah i mean get rif of WH's

- Axi

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-09-29 16:32   
you may be on the right path there about the WHs, since they are gonna be scaled back to only within a system, people wont want to use them, and stations will again go by the way-side. Nerfing the WH might be a good idea... but I would probably still use a station, even with short-ranged WHs.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-09-29 18:44   
I seem to remember a K'Luth cloak that was sort of a cross between the 481-2 cloak & the 483 cloak. When a luth is cloaked & under normal operation the power drain is normal - but as ECCM is used the power requirements go up - more ECCM more power used - eventually they'll have to decloak with low power or withdrawl....

That sounds perfect. Why was that taken away?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2006-09-29 20:21   
coeus, that sounds like a perfect cloaking for the game, but will it be re-introduced in 1.484?

me, i LOVE the cloak in this version. anoying to fight against yes, but, i love using the cloak to do an alpha strike in a Mandible and immediately recloaking. knowing kanman....i wouldn't even to have to uncloak to be detected.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-30 08:53   
Quote:

On 2006-09-29 18:44, Coeus [I want 480 back] wrote:
I seem to remember a K'Luth cloak that was sort of a cross between the 481-2 cloak & the 483 cloak. When a luth is cloaked & under normal operation the power drain is normal - but as ECCM is used the power requirements go up - more ECCM more power used - eventually they'll have to decloak with low power or withdrawl....

Because nearly every friggn ship can mount an ECCM, it renders the cloack semi useless. And why would anyone want to create a race around a gadget that basicly is working against said race for most of the time?

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-09-30 09:47   
It was a lot harder to mount ECCM back then - cruisers only had 1-2 reactor slots, dreads 2 MAYBE 3 at the most.

If you ran ECCM that was about all you were going to do.

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-09-30 21:15   
Quote:

On 2006-09-30 09:47, Coeus [I want 480 back] wrote:
It was a lot harder to mount ECCM back then - cruisers only had 1-2 reactor slots, dreads 2 MAYBE 3 at the most.

If you ran ECCM that was about all you were going to do.

Dude, UGTO and ICC grow in groups.

For the benefit of basicly sucking your energy dry, rendering your cloack useless, leaving you with crappy armor i'd mount full eccm.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-09-30 21:37   
Quote:

On 2006-09-29 18:44, Coeus [I want 480 back] wrote:

This is pre-1.480 Cloak...

This cloak was removed (at the time) due to at the time the Kluth both had no armor and very powerful weapons.

However, the problem with cloak was mostly that any ECCM - which infact, just about any ship could carry - would send their power PLUMMETING.

Now slow drain. Into the ground.

This made it in all ways, worthless. You couldnt use it to sneak up on any ship, because in reality, just about nearly every ship then could mount an ECCM.

So in essense, such a worthless cloak would be redundant for the Kluth so aye...

The current cloak is okay, it could be made better with beacons only slowing down the cloaking process and decloaking being instantanious on all ships. That is, the second you decloak you can fire.

That alone would solve alot of Kluths problems...

-Ent

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-09-30 22:10   
I'd just like to have some kind of countermeasure - ECCM on planets even! I mean, christ...

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-01 03:27   
Beacon? They have horrifingly weak armor (A cruiser can bunch through a mandies armor in two alphas), their energy blows when they do fire, and most of their weapons are shortranged.

So I think a proper cloak is just diddly fine for them to sneak up on you and shoot you in the hole, cause if they dont cloak right after they will die.

So nyah!

-Ent

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020618 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR