Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Everyone else had one, so here is my idea to save the mv
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Everyone else had one, so here is my idea to save the mv
thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-10-04 11:51   
Just about everbody here has some idea about how to save the MV. Most involed, i think,to much work for F to accomplish. So, I've came up with a idea that might fix many of the problems with out haveing to do a lot of coding. The idea is simple really, just change the jump gates from neutral to faction specific. For example, the ugto hold bs and the kluth dp with cinn being a contested system. The gate from bs to cinn would be a ugto gate and would only allow ugto players through, the same with the dp-cinn gate for the kluth. Now, say the ugto attack and cap enough planets so that cinn shows green. Even though, the ugto hold cinn the cinn-dp gate will remain kluth for a certain amount of time say 24 hours(gate timer could be more or less) meaning the ugto would have to keep cinn and defend it for at least 24 hours before the cinn- dp gate switched to ugto and dp baecame the next batttle ground.
PROS:
1. Shouldn't take alot of work to do it. just change the gates from neutral to factions and make one addition to the roc(You can't WormHole to any system you can't gate to)
2. IT should both focus and increase combat chances as there will actually be front lines
3. The need to hold a system for a certain amount of time should encourage the attacking faction to rebuild the planets
4. Sleeping factions will no longer wake up to find all there planets gone.
5. people who like to mirv can still mirv but will be limited to one sytem at a time.
6. We can put the home planets back to the way they were, so that there is an actual chance of winning the mv.

CONS:
1. if a faction whens on all it's fronts then there will be a lull period when they can't advance, only defend.
More frequent Mir and Pirate attacks would go along way to solving this problem and if they aren't ready Gaifens could be used in the interum. (Also had the idea that should a planet rebel, It could call AI Factions ships(ugto,icc,kluth) to defend it)

PLease let me know what you guys think and if any admins happen to see Do you think it do-able?

[small][ This Message was edited by: thundercat{recruiting} on 2006-10-04 11:52 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: thundercat{recruiting} on 2006-10-04 12:13 ]

Email thundercat984
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-04 12:22   
that would be a good idea except for a few cons of my own

1. people would bitch and complain about this system too

2. its easily exploitable

3. can we say Battle Stations Camping the gates lobbing QST's?

Email GothThug {C?}
µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-04 12:23   
its a sound idea, could work in the short term game play but its not a long term fix i think, this game needs a new combat system to support the current system inplace like convoy esscort or something like that just events or situations that would spice up game play and lose the repetitivfe nature that the game has now. These ideas would better help support your idea of a faction controled jump system and better yet we could go one step farther and make it so if you want to use enemy jump gates you would have to hack them or something so every one has a chance yo join a battle.

Email µOmniVore
thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-10-04 12:28   
Quote:

On 2006-10-04 12:22, GothThug {C?} wrote:

3. can we say Battle Stations Camping the gates lobbing QST's?

Thats part of the fun Goth. You would actually have to combat your way through a sytem to bomb and cap it instead of just running to an undefended system and mirving.

Email thundercat984
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-04 12:31   
You have a few good ideas here, but as with everything people will whinge and carry on and then the usual I am leaving threads will start.

Look your ideas are good and there are a lot of things that could be done to make the game much better, and that is apart from a new patch that people are hoping is going to change the world (it's not going to happen, changing the world that is with a single patch)

I have heard that there is actually a gate in the MV some place that has defences on it, maybe that is another thing rather than ocing them so that only people from the faction they are curently set to can get through make it that the gate will fire on you if/when you approach it until you make it through (if you make it through)

Also leave the home planets as they are only change the safe zone from 3 or 5k to 1k or 250gu or something a lot smaller, which will still not allow the home planets to be bombed or capped

At least you are puting ideas forward and if people started doing this rather than forever whinging then maybe Faust would have a better idea of what people would like to see in the game, I mean I am a dev for a company and there is nothing that would put me off more than people forever cmplining about things nd not having some ideas to put forward.

Take care people

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-10-04 12:33   
Quote:

On 2006-10-04 12:23, Vore wrote:
its a sound idea, could work in the short term game play but its not a long term fix i think, this game needs a new combat system to support the current system inplace like convoy esscort or something like that just events or situations that would spice up game play and lose the repetitivfe nature that the game has now.

The Mir and Pirate forces when ready would solve this problem readily and until they are ready the re-emergence of Gaifens would do.
Also, there is the idea that a planet that rebels would call for AI ships to defend it say. Say luna rebeled it would then call several UGTO AI controled ships to defend it. Also you could take that farther like say a ugto recently cap tau ceti and one of the planets rebeled it instead of going neutral it could rebel back to icc and call icc ai to defend it.

Email thundercat984
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-04 13:18   
I've got a better fix!

1.484!

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-04 13:50   
Jack good idea hehe XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-04 13:51   
Quote:

On 2006-10-04 13:18, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
I've got a better fix!

1.484!

Why does this statement seem familiar...

(1.483, 1.482...)

Email Tbone
thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-10-04 14:49   
Quote:

I've got a better fix!

1.484!

Maybe so but there is a rumor going around that all the devs are busy with their own thing and 484 ain't com'in out for a long while yet if ever.

Email thundercat984
thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2006-10-04 14:54   
I know nothing of coding so while i may think this takes only a little work to do for all i know changeing the gates would require massive effort. So if a admin or some one more knowledgable would let me know if this could be done i would appreciate it.

Email thundercat984
Jammy Pajamies
Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-04 23:08   
I R ADMIN!IT CAN BE DONE.as long as a real ADMIN™ is around 24/7.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-05 03:57   
Setting the faction to linked gates wouldn't make a difference. We'd have to do a bunch of code changes to make it work like you want - which means it'd require a patch. Which we're using to fix it in other ways.

Not that the MV doesn't need some work, or that gates being faction controlled is a bad idea - just right now, having them faction controlled would had no concrete effects in game.

If you want to suggest that it have some, great! I'm sure you'll find some support. Just keep in mind that it'll require a wait like every other change that needs something in edited in code.

Email Shigernafy
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-05 07:33   
Quote:

On 2006-10-04 14:49, thundercat{recruiting} wrote:
Quote:

I've got a better fix!

1.484!

Maybe so but there is a rumor going around that all the devs are busy with their own thing and 484 ain't com'in out for a long while yet if ever.

Once the resources fixed, us dev's will be able to fire out some content so that 1.484 is in a closer stage of completion, but you are correct, it's still a while off yet.

Mastakazam *P2*
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-05 08:44   
I like the idea, though I agree that it would probably not change much in the end

Email Mastakazam *P2*
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019669 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR