Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Can't help but wonder
 Author Can't help but wonder
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-06 09:38   

Well seeing the MV is once again offline I must wonder whether Faust really does actually want this game to ever get anywhere.

since I joined up back in August I have seen many people leave and very few new users appear so I am at a loss as to how or why Faust hasn't at least tried to do something to either attract new users or at the very least keep th ones he has.

I can understand that coding is not an easy thing to do, but it's starting to feel like he has lost interest in the whole thing. I have heard that there was once a time when if the MV or any of th servers went down Faust himself would be online within 30 minutes or so and he would make sure all was ok, well unless I have missed him I have actually never seen him online once and I guess in so many ways that is sad because this game does have a lot of potential. It just needs the advertising and the support from the development team that it requires.

I was thinking about trying to get some advertsing for DS happening through people that I know and work for and with, but I think that it might be better if I just leave that to Faust and the people he has cause I wouldn't want people thinking that I am trying to under-cut them.

Anyway I guess the best I can do is hope that the game gets the support it needs and that it doesn't close down at least until I get to run my sub out.

Take it easy

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-06 10:08   
I wonder wonder who, oouu who
Who wrote the book of love

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-06 10:10   
The thing you need to realise is...Faustus is always here invisible, because everytime he goes visible he gets bombarded with patch questions and the like, so heh, i have faith in this game and its creator Faustus

anyways, this isnt the first time the MV has gone down like this. this is like the 10th or 15th time this has done that so my guess is it went down for maintenence

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-06 10:19   
He does work on the game.

I can promise you that. I regularly update my development directory, and see him making changes to files, so he is working on it. He just can't dedicate a lot of time to the game, because he can't live off the income from DarkSpace alone, he needs to work.

Faustus has 'hired' some more developers, so hopefully when the resourcer gets fixed, we can fire out some more content so 1.484 is nearer to completion.

Unfortunatly, DarkSpace also doesn't have very many daytime admins, so if the server goes offline at times like this, we have to wait, and that's IF the admin who logs in can do something (sometimes it can be a hardware related problem).

[edit]

Oh look, MV's back up.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2006-10-06 10:22 ]

Page created in 0.007942 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR